The East Fife Thread

T-zero, on 15 Jun 2016 - 21:32, said:

Would that be the kennoway Rangers supporters bus with all his friends? I'm hardly sucking upto him when he wont even see this, stop being so bitter and petty I'm sure he has a Facebook page slag him off about getting on a bus on that not too me

Slag him off ? are you f@ckin joking ? 

Mark lamont signed

You've got yourself a good attacking player there.

On his day, Lamont was amongst the best in League 2 last season, equally as impressive as anyone that I saw. My 5 year old son nicknamed him The Postman "because no matter what, he always delivers" and I think that summed him up. His ball's into the box were a joy to behold at times, especially from set play.

Certain sections of the Stirling support were critical of his Defensive play, and lazy looking attitude during games when we were on the back foot, but I think that's harsh as Defending clearly isn't part of his game, but like everyone, he tries

Lamont was an "unknown" when he signed for us and to many outwith the club he is still an unknown, but if he has another season like last year, then he'll of caught the eye of many I'm sure.

Mark Lamont joins the Squad

18 June 2016

We are delighted to announce that ex Stirling Albion player Mark Lamont has agreed to sign for the Club. The 23 year old midfielder becomes our 4th signing of the close season.

Manager Gary Naysmith was keen to speak about his latest capture. " I am delighted to bring Mark to the club. He is someone that impressed me when he played against us last season for Stirling Albion and someone that we had to pay close attention to. We have been looking to add a more attack minded midfield player to the squad and Mark certainly fits the bill. He is quick, can play on either wing and is comfortable taking people on with either foot. He is something different to what we already have in the squad and once he showed an interest in joining us, I felt that it was important to get him on board as soon as we could.

I am looking forward to working with Mark next season and I genuinely feel that we can get the best out of him and that he can add something different to the squad for next season.".

Edited by King Kebab

Stranraer will be one of the teams will be going for the league that's what there manger said but I think

Airdrie will win it be great if we make top 4 but as I said make sure we are safe then think about the top 4 see where we are about at Christmas lads

I see Jason Kerr can't play for us in the Challenge Cup this season as he has to play for St. Johnstone in the tournament!!!

The powers that be really couldn't have fucked this tournament up any more than they have, even if they really, really tried!!!

So if we draw St. Johnstone reserves in this cup Kerr would likely be playing for us on the Saturday, against us in the Tuesday and then for us on the Saturday and then against again the next Tuesday if the previous tie goes to a replay, is this some kind of record Norris???

I see Jason Kerr can't play for us in the Challenge Cup this season as he has to play for St. Johnstone in the tournament!!!

The powers that be really couldn't have fucked this tournament up any more than they have, even if they really, really tried!!!

So if we draw St. Johnstone reserves in this cup Kerr would likely be playing for us on the Saturday, against us in the Tuesday and then for us on the Saturday and then against again the next Tuesday if the previous tie goes to a replay, is this some kind of record Norris???

It does seem to be a farce for the teams that utilise the loan market for young premiership players.

In that sense then if east fife were to progress and st.johnstone reserves to be knocked out that's a young player losing the chance to play in the further rounds of that tournament.

Where have you seen he has to play for us?

Pretty poor if true tbh