The East Fife Thread

IMG_1265.thumb.PNG.e9d5f83163ae1132338b39529e32542c.PNG

Seeing as you've got his number could you text him and tell him not to bother trying to pinch any of our players!!!

Also, charge yer phone!!!

Would it f**k. He's just got all his guys into the club. Dunfermline to Arbroath is barely an hour ffs and we train in Perth. Which is about a half hour.

No chance he'd leave, to go anywhere really. He's not going FT now.

IMG_1496179092.847771.jpg

The Billy Reid thing was just a question  certainly not a recommendation by any means 

Phew. Who knows where he has gone. Maybe in the same retirement home as Calderwood.

Jonny Smart and a Greig McDonald dream team.

I hope when the board establish their shortlist and hold interviews one of the main questions for the new manager would be how he will use the loan market for the coming season. I am not saying having contacts makes a good manager, Bary Ferguson and Liam Fox are two very recent exceptions to the rule but much like trying to get a job in Fife who you Kin does help. I see Jim Stevenson stated in the EFM that all 11 players are definitely signed up so the future manager will be making 3-4 more permanent signings tops I would imagine so if he wants to bring In his own players who fit his ideas then it will be just as likely to be season long loan signings. Reading James Penrice's interview he said Barry Smith knew Patrick's assistant manager well and that's how the loan move to Bayview came about. East Fife have benefited from some good quality loan signings over the past 2 seasons. Liam Kelly coming in between the Elgin and Berwick home games in January 16 to replace Goodfellow along with Jason Kerr and Jamie Insall playing every week helped propel East Fife towards the League 2 title. The season just past Mark Hurst (away to Livi), Jamie Insall (home to Livi twice) prior Smith taking over and reducing his playing time and Jason Kerr( away to Albion Rovers and Stranraer) all individually won points. Penrice and Jessie Curran when he played in a more central role had a positive impact on the team staying in League 1 as well and I hope the new manager can continue this trend.