The East Fife Thread

Probably the disconcerting thing for me is it's the trialists that are losing the games Not sure if I will go to Peterhead it's a long drive when we are struggling to get a team together. Hopefully communication from the club will start to improve particularly about the lack of friendlies that fans could attend

Come on the bus, save the drive, relaxing day out!

Mc naughton has retired.

Genuinely worried about this season, total lack of signings from the club, maybe because of financial reasons who knows......... this getting up in 2 years nonsense is totally unrealistic pie in the sky.... a betting man would probz take a look at our squad including the players on trial, then the league we are in, and put his house on us being involved in a relegation play off.

Sorry for the negativity, but with ticket prices going up and quality dropping it's hard to see a positive outcome from this season, unless we pull off a few crackers in the loan market. But from what am reading on other threads.......with the quality in the league this year and 2 teams so close to Dundee and a so called 'bigger club' 7 miles along the road quality pickings are scarce......

Mc naughton has retired.

Genuinely worried about this season, total lack of signings from the club, maybe because of financial reasons who knows......... this getting up in 2 years nonsense is totally unrealistic pie in the sky.... a betting man would probz take a look at our squad including the players on trial, then the league we are in, and put his house on us being involved in a relegation play off.

Sorry for the negativity, but with ticket prices going up and quality dropping it's hard to see a positive outcome from this season, unless we pull off a few crackers in the loan market. But from what am reading on other threads.......with the quality in the league this year and 2 teams so close to Dundee and a so called 'bigger club' 7 miles along the road quality pickings are scarce......

What a load of nonsense.

The league season doesn't start for another month, every other club is trying to build their squads too. Would you rather we just signed the first 16 players that came along? You do know that the better players will be sought after by a few clubs and will be considering their options.

So, will you be putting your house on us to be relegated then? Out of interest since you think that Forfar, Arbroath and Raith are more attractive clubs (despite the fact that Docherty picked us over a Raith), who in their squads are you scared of? I can pretty much guarantee that these clubs will still be trying to strengthen their squads too.

I'm actually shocked at the shite being spoken in this thread. 

Moaning about lack of friendlys (we are getting a new pitch) 

moaning about the lack of money (we are in a better position than before, getting a new pitch which can be rented out, plus will get decent money from the cup games and the prize money of circa £20k minimum)

moaning about the lack of signings (we are trying to convince the best of the part time guys to come and are also looking at guys who are FULL TIME currently and waiting to see if they drop part time.

no point going and signing a load of boys for the sake of it then when guys become available who are much better and we can't sign them. Just look at livingston with Neil Alexander, if they had just signed another goaly that wouldn't have been able to happen. 

There is also the fact that as teams higher up get new better players some become surplus to requirements. These guys that we can then try and tempt.

then you have the young guys who are on the verge of the teams they are at. Then as above a new signing comes in or they decide a season playing 40 games would be more beneficial than 6 sub appearances. So those guys come out on loan.

the time to panic would be if we got pumped by everyone in the cups then the league started and the pumping continued, but after 3 friendlys when I think maybe 3 players have played in the same position for at least 2 outta the 3 games, I think that's a bit mad. 

It's all about opinions! It's natural some supporters might be slightly worried about lack of signings and getting beat by a non league side and thrashed by Stirling Albion. I'm not panicking just yet, far from it but fingers crossed Darren Young has signings in mind and they come sooner rather than later. I think this season will be tough and I hope our new players who are signed have had time to gel before our league campaign starts. We're all entitled to our own opinions as I say and the best we can do as a supporter is to pay our hard earned cash and the gate and get behind our team. Mon the Fife!

I've got a foot in both camps here.

I think it's disrespectful to be saying people are talking shite when they have a differing opinion. And there's nothing wrong with being cautious in pre season. I've had plenty of seasons where I've been optimistic and had my dreams shattered in a matter of weeks.

It's a week until the start of the season and we don't have a full 18 yet, have been poor in pre-season and from what I saw none of the players on trial looked like they would add much to the team.

At the moment the squad is considerably weaker than last season and quality additions need to come.

That being said, I'm sure we'll see some signings announced this week since the friendlies are over, and a few quality loan signings can change the squad completely (see Kerr, Penrice, Hurst, Insall from last season).

I think promotion in the next two seasons is a big ask. As far as my vision for the club goes, as long as we are a well run club, and improve on the field every year promotion will come. But has pre-season matched my vision? I'm not sure.

8 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

It seems it's a case of agree with king Scotty's opinion or your talking shite...........perhaps Scott is a better appointment than Darren young ?

It was at the financial meltdown posts. 

I would be a terrible appointment, we all know AngusFifer should get the post once darren leaves after his tactics and management at the fans v legends game!

What a load of nonsense.

The league season doesn't start for another month, every other club is trying to build their squads too. Would you rather we just signed the first 16 players that came along? You do know that the better players will be sought after by a few clubs and will be considering their options.

So, will you be putting your house on us to be relegated then? Out of interest since you think that Forfar, Arbroath and Raith are more attractive clubs (despite the fact that Docherty picked us over a Raith), who in their squads are you scared of? I can pretty much guarantee that these clubs will still be trying to strengthen their squads too.

Am not a betting man..... learn to read, at no point did a say sign the 1st 16 players......but the best players are snapped up first fact.

Secondly at no point did a say Forfar and Arbroath are more attractive clubs, a stated there close position to the 2 dundee teams gives them a decent chance of picking up decent players from that area.

Thirdly the term 'big club' is used loosely for raith, there not in my opinion, but in most people who aren't east fife fans they are. And for most players would be more attractive.

After the home match against Raith on the 26th August may be a good time to really begin to judge Darren Young and the playing squad. By this point we will have played 9 competitive matches across three competitions and it should be a great deal clearer what formation, style of play and after additional signings the strongest starting 11 and as crucially what kind of strength and depth their is on the bench. The opening four fixtures in the league are difficult and this season I have the feeling 42-45 points may be required to avoid 9th and the relegation playoff and 55 points plus for the promotion play off positions as it is seems to be a more open and competitive League than last season as despite Raith/Ayr fans beliefs I don't think either starts as clear favourites as dunfermline and Livi had in the previously. Presently Docherty, Page, Kane (at right back), Slattery, Miller, Willis, Duggan, Smith and Wilkie when fit make up 9 players in the starting 11 who would hopefully deliver mid table safety if playing as many games together as possible.

After the home match against Raith on the 26th August may be a good time to really begin to judge Darren Young and the playing squad. By this point we will have played 9 competitive matches across three competitions and it should be a great deal clearer what formation, style of play and after additional signings the strongest starting 11 and as crucially what kind of strength and depth their is on the bench. The opening four fixtures in the league are difficult and this season I have the feeling 42-45 points may be required to avoid 9th and the relegation playoff and 55 points plus for the promotion play off positions as it is seems to be a more open and competitive League than last season as despite Raith/Ayr fans beliefs I don't think either starts as clear favourites as dunfermline and Livi had in the previously. Presently Docherty, Page, Kane (at right back), Slattery, Miller, Willis, Duggan, Smith and Wilkie when fit make up 9 players in the starting 11 who would hopefully deliver mid table safety if playing as many games together as possible.

You sir have won post of the day [emoji119]

Your definitely right when you say we'll need 40+ to avoid 9th [emoji482]

What a load of nonsense.

Voice of reason has spoken

If docherty hadn't been looking for part time he would have picked raith every day over us don't kid yourself, he's here cause circumstances suit.

Isn't every footballer at their club because 'circumstances suit'? In fact, you can use that statement with every other walk of life.

I don't really know what your argument is.