The East Fife Thread

Why another centre half in, we already had two and we just signed another one in today???

Edited by King Kebab

Congratulations, Craig Watson is a great signing. He was very good when was on loan to us, best of luck to him. 

Where did he play when he was at Arbroath? I think I seem to remember him playing right back

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Why another centre half in, we already had two and we just signed another one in today???

We certainly need cover at central defence because for a start Pagey is out until August and Kane, although I like him in centre defence, is at times liable to mistime a tackle and see red. There were a couple of times last season I thought he got off with iffy tackles. Pagey also clocked up quite a few yellows so in case of suspensions or injuries, we certainly need more than 2 central defenders.

p

21 hours ago, Efifer said:

We don't have a team for the first four games at least, Pagey- unfit, Wilkie- still not fully fit, Kevin Smith- foot operation, Tony Wallace- not fit, Kane- one game suspension, Kieron Miller- two game suspension, still no players signed for Saturday, doesn't look good.

With regard to the suspensions of Miller and Kane, are they not for league games as opposed to cup games.? in other words they could play against Peterhead.

Similarly I noticed that Rory Mcallister is suspended for 2 games.

I don't think 6 defenders in the squad is excessive. With 5 it only takes 2 injuries and/or suspensions before you're pulling in players from elsewhere to fill in. If we're going with a squad of 18, 2 keepers, 6 defenders, 7 midfielders and 3 forwards sounds about right, if we're going to playing some kind of 4-5-1 most of the time.

20 minutes ago, crawfordsbarmyarmy said:

Love how people are saying we got too many centre defenders, maybe the gaffer is go play 3-5-2 or the fact most are versatile is a bonus to us Kane can play various positions the new lad Watson can play various positions just hope we get page a partner for most of the season tho

Looks like someone already beat me to it, as much as Kane and watson who can play centre half and in midfield so can docherty from the left side is a bonus for injuries we had towards the end of last season some are still recovering from last season, it's good to know that the playing squad has got a number of options where the playing squad can play and rotate so that's a plus this summer than we had last summer. But Page does need a partner so a centre back was crucial as we need someone to fill the gap left from Jason Kerr weather Watson, Kane is the answer or not it's nice to have options for places elsewhere in the team but I would add another forward player and the squad there or thereabouts.

Looks like someone already beat me to it, as much as Kane and watson who can play centre half and in midfield so can docherty from the left side is a bonus for injuries we had towards the end of last season some are still recovering from last season, it's good to know that the playing squad has got a number of options where the playing squad can play and rotate so that's a plus this summer than we had last summer. But Page does need a partner so a centre back was crucial as we need someone to fill the gap left from Jason Kerr weather Watson, Kane is the answer or not it's nice to have options for places elsewhere in the team but I would add another forward player and the squad there or thereabouts.

Looks like our manager has a lot of options at his disposal... I'm already impressed since when last season started with GN struggling to come up with 3 playable subs ...everyone's entitled to their opinions but they should look at the big picture as Sir Scott Young stated the club is in great shape on and off the 3G pitch , I'd rather have a solid platform to eventually get to D1 than be slap and dash at it like certain teams and when they get up there they are Struggling !

Note that East Fife have tweeted that all further training sessions will be held behind closed doors and no members of the general public will be allowed to watch.

Were they getting such high numbers that they became a distraction??? Don't think so. We're spies infiltrating and forming a dossier on tactics. No tactics can be seen in each game???

Seems to be the usual derision to the fans who pay a hefty whack to support their team when allowed to.

I watched my first, and now probably last EF training session last week, as it was the first time they had trained on the new pitch, and was immediately after the meeting explaining all about the new community ethos. Sounds like that was a load of bull already!

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

I watched my first, and now probably last EF training session last week, as it was the first time they had trained on the new pitch, and was immediately after the meeting explaining all about the new community ethos. Sounds like that was a load of bull already!

Smuggfifer, it has nothing to do with community spirit! The club has never stopped anyone attending any training session before & anyone wishing to watch has always been welcome. The only access to the stadium on training nights (at the moment) is through the players tunnel & if a lot of people turn up that could lead to security issues for the dressing rooms. The main issue though is that SOME people who turn up, ask questions & are given information in confidence just can't wait to anonymously post on this & other forums. The club has made it quite clear that they only make signings public once terms have been agreed with the player or in the majority of cases once SPFL clearance has been received. Unfortunately, as always, the actions of a few has spoiled it for the many!