The East Fife Thread

Ismael Bouzid to play as trialist vs Wolves, I suppose he'd be a terrible signing as well if he was to put pen to paper?

Or perhaps Aimen Demai previously of FC Metz and Kaiserslautern, is he a 3rd division standard player too?

Oh & for the record I'd take Durie & Johnstone over Devlin & Malone any day of the week.

I'd have to disagree massively with your last comment, we were beaten time and time again last season by wide players roasting our full backs (these full backs) and getting crosses in/cutting it back where our central defenders would then usually go into panic mode and f**k up.

Not questioning the commitment of Durie/Johnstone, but they are probably the weakest full back pairing in the Division in my opinion. Perhaps they will improve a great deal under the new boss, I'd love to think so. But at the moment we can only judge players based on how they've previously performed.

As for the trialists, they certainly sound like they'd be good players at this level, but until they sign I'll not be getting too excited. There have been many names branded about since the takeover, and not a lot to back it up.

Craig Johnstone was brilliant at the end of last season, his first season as a left back puts the most effort in and is a local lad and captain.

Can't really comment on Eddie Malone but I just can't see him putting in more effort than Johnstone does every game but I may be wrong.

Flatly disagree with Fifelawd'ss opinion of Durie and Johnstone.In a terrible season their performances in the last 2 months,especially in the playoffs helped rescue us.The only player I would have kept of those who left was Smith,even then he was starting to struggle to do it every week.We do need some proven goalscorer though.

Craig Johnstone was brilliant at the end of last season, his first season as a left back puts the most effort in and is a local lad and captain.

Can't really comment on Eddie Malone but I just can't see him putting in more effort than Johnstone does every game but I may be wrong.

With all due respect being a "local lad" means nothing, there are hundreds of locals that would give 100% for East Fife FC, and I hardly think a professional footballer like Malone wouldn't try as hard because he wasn't from the local area. That's just silly.

Really? Muir and Johnstone gave their all every game couldn't say the same about the rest of the squad.

I suppose in the players defence it would be easy for it to look like you weren't giving your all if you're losing most weeks, poorly managed, poorly trained, or even just playing at too high a level for your ability.

But if others weren't trying then what about the "local lads", McBride, Campbell, even Durie?

So these two try hard and give their all. You expect that as a minimum from every player.

You are hardly raving about their technical or positional ability so that kind of sums it up for me.

So these two try hard and give their all. You expect that as a minimum from every player.

You are hardly raving about their technical or positional ability so that kind of sums it up for me.

I never said Johnstone was technically or positionally great but he's not on 300-500 like in guessing Malone is.

Johnstone has been promoted to club Capitan as a part time player so I suggest he must be doing something right.Durie on the otherhand was our weakest link last season as far as Im concerned and Im very surprised that we re signed him.

I would say at the moment last years squad was stronger than our current squad on paper, but on grass they never met their potential. Gordon Durie becoming ill didn't help as we went around 4 months without a manager. Billy Brown came in, steadied the ship a little but we went on a terrible run which almost sent us back to the doldrums.

We needed a major clearout and the only players I would have kept were Smith, Muir and Brown. They have all gone now, and the new manager has clearly saw something in the likes of Durie, Johnstone, McBride, Gormley and Campbell. It's a new era for us and guys deserve another chance. Bouzaid would be an excellent signing at this level and with a couple of decent loanees I don't think we are far away from having a reasonable squad. After last season, I think we just have to steady the ship, get some youngsters in and let the new board sort out the finances.

Our squad is, on paper, not going to do all that much in this league. But the reports from the alloa game seem promising, team playing good football and new signing Semedo looking technically very good. Just a friendly, but we weren't playing terribly, far from it from what I hear

I've no idea what's happening with regards new signings, but if Ismail and Demai sign then I'd feel a lot happier. No idea with what's going on with Nade.

Right now the defence looks stronger to me. Smith and Muir are losses but, at this early stage, Stewart looks like a good replacement. I'll hold of on judging the rest of the squad until we've signed more players and I've had a better look at them.

Hi guys. I'm a College student at Adam Smith in Glenrothes doing Radio. I'm doing some "work experience" as well as trying to help East Fife engage better with their fans. A full explanation is on the AFTN forum under the thread title "Interview". I'm writing under the name "Reporter". If you have any questions for Lee Murray, who I'm interviewing tomorrow, or Willie Aitchison who I'm interviewing on Friday then please leave them here or on the appropriate threads on AFTN. Cheers, Burty.

Good luck with that mate, radio set-up at Adam Smith is smashing.

Question though, why did you put work experience in speech marks? :lol: Makes it seem dodgy for some reason.

I don't know, tbh lol. I think it's because I want East Fife fans to know, and feel, as if I'm doing it for them and their Club as much as I'm doing it for me and my future progression in Radio. East Fife are my local team, because I live in Buckhaven - and despite supporting The Pars, I still have a wee soft spot for The Fife and I want to help them out in this way.