The East Fife Thread

1-1 away to Alloa this Afternoon backed by a decent Fife support!

Johnny Stewart was impressive. Breaking up play and making good passes. Scored! Dutot and Mbu were very solid at the back and Andrews made a couple of decent saves. Both Gormley and Brown caused problems for the Alloa defense.

Very decent start to our preseason against a good Alloa side! We looked fit and played some good football at times.

Andy McNeil came on as a second half Sub.

Early days of course but I thought the overall quality of players for East Fife today looked worse than last year, certainly in midfield and attack. Having said that as a team they worked hard enough, and they may yet develop into a decent side.

Stewart looks like he'll be a good signing, neat and tidy, worked away well. Can't really judge a defence on one performance.

Edited to add:

(1) Good support from the Fifers for an away pre-season friendly.

(2) WTF has McNeil got his hair tied up/back for? :huh:

Edited by printer

I think the forward areas are certainly the ones I'd focus on strengthening. Encouraging performance today I thought. Especially impressed with Dutot and Mbu at the centre of defence and Johnny Stewart in midfield. Going on this, admittedly early, look, seems like he'll be a good replacement for Smith.

Early days of course but I thought the overall quality of players for East Fife today looked worse than last year, certainly in midfield and attack. Having said that as a team they worked hard enough, and they may yet develop into a decent side.

Stewart looks like he'll be a good signing, neat and tidy, worked away well. Can't really judge a defence on one performance.

Edited to add:

(1) Good support from the Fifers for an away pre-season friendly.

(2) WTF has McNeil got his hair tied up/back for? :huh:

Because he's a flappy we p***k.

What exactly have the board lied about?

Announcing that players had signed when they hadn't done, I suppose. Brown and Smith spring to mind.

But he's already stated players such as Brown, Smith and C Nade had signed when they had not.

He's lied. Pretty simple. No wonder some fans are apprehensive.

Let's just clear this one up right now, if you can be arsed to watch it again (or at all in fact), in the new board's Q&A session with the fans which was filmed and was then put up on EFTV and is still available to view, Lee Murray stated that Brown and Smith (along with Stoney and Gormley) had AGREED to sign, not that they HAD signed, but only that they had AGREED to sign!!!

What has happened since then is up to the players involved and IMO in no way does any "blame" lie with the Board!!!

Why would I be embarrassed of my justified opinion at the time on an Internet forum ? I don't think you're grasping this. This forum would be a bit shit and pointless if everyone shared the same views wouldn't it?

You Fifers are precious as f**k over someone giving an opinion that doesn't play along with how great everything is down Methil way.

Admit it, you're only here because your Wa Waz Thread has died a death, is there no news coming out of Ochilview???

Was waiting until there was word on the OS about Semedo before putting up an update but it's there now and therefore It's true, so with the signings of Liam Gormley and Emmanuel Semedo now being Officially validated ............

Number of Days Number of Signed/Registered Players

21 17

The 2013-14 Squad so far;

Michael Andrews (23) GK
Connor Shaw (19) GK (promoted from U/20s)

Gary Thom - (23) Def.
Craig Johnstone - (28) Def.
Alexis Dutot (21) Def.
Stevie Campbell ( 26) Def.
Scott Durie (19) Def.

Joseph Mbu (31) Def.

Johnny Stewart (22) Def/Mid.

Scott McBride (21) Mid
Paul Willis - (21) Mid
Ryan Stewart (19) Mid
Ross Brown (19) Mid. (Promoted from U/20s)

Emmanuel Semedo (19) Mid.

Kevin Nade (19) - Forward
Daryl Falconer (17) - Forward (Promoted from U/19s)
Liam Gormley (20) Forward

21 Days to go and 17 players!!!

I'm only here because there is news to discuss we have had the the the most quiet pre-season in living memory mainly due to having the majority of our decent players signed up early doors.

Even if it was busy in that thread it wouldn't have detracted from me having my say on here so your point is a wee bit irrelevant.

Well done on the draw yesterday though that means everything is fine whilst we got pumped 1-0 off Albion Rovers so we are nearing a crisis. Pre-season is everything.

There's a couple of people told me now that Willie Gray is back at East Fife but I haven't read anything along those lines. Anybody know if that's the case?

Was mentioned on AFTN a few days ago but who knows.

There's a couple of people told me now that Willie Gray is back at East Fife but I haven't read anything along those lines. Anybody know if that's the case?

What a superb season for Rovers when he was last in charge. You don't get much sweeter than winning the league while going undefeated for twenty years against historical rivals with an ex-chairman desperate to get one over you. All this after he'd made completely ridiculous claims the summer before.

Incidently, I don't know who Stenhousemuir have got, but if their signings are of a similar nature to Eddie Malone they should be looking at being clear. East Fife haven't exactly signed anyone inspiration so I'd be inclined to agree with Neilly.

I'm only here because there is news to discuss we have had the the the most quiet pre-season in living memory mainly due to having the majority of our decent players signed up early doors.

Even if it was busy in that thread it wouldn't have detracted from me having my say on here so your point is a wee bit irrelevant.

Well done on the draw yesterday though that means everything is fine whilst we got pumped 1-0 off Albion Rovers so we are nearing a crisis. Pre-season is everything.

That's why we are 2nd favourites to win the league...

Don't even given this guy the satisfaction of you replying! Let him mock East Fife all he wants. We're the bigger and better club.

We'll prove that when we meet in the league.

Unless of course the superior powers of Nicky Devlin & Eddie Malone shine through...

Devlin and Malone are better than any full back East Fife have on their books that's for sure.

I'm hardly mocking East Fife nor do I have a problem or ever had a problem with the football club. People are taking this too personally for some reason when I am only stating my (sensible) opinion.

"We'll prove that when we meet in the league" is just embarrassing really.

All things considered East Fife fans can't seriously think they have a better set up than last season, can they?

I like the look of the players brought in so far even though it was only a friendly I was impressed with johnny Stewart and the players were helping each other out and looking for a pass instead of punting it up the park, early days tho.

Are East Fife fans already losing it without a competitive match being played? :lol:

You all seem to disagree with Neilly, but can one of you please explain why you disagree with that he's said?

As things stand, on paper, East Fife have a worse squad than the one that finished 9th in this division last year. I don't see any of you disagreeing with that, but you all seem to be extremely offended by fans of other teams saying it? :blink:

Ismael Bouzid to play as trialist vs Wolves, I suppose he'd be a terrible signing as well if he was to put pen to paper?

Or perhaps Aimen Demai previously of FC Metz and Kaiserslautern, is he a 3rd division standard player too?

Oh & for the record I'd take Durie & Johnstone over Devlin & Malone any day of the week.

Well your just an idiot then.

As I have said numerous times AT THIS TIME East Fife have a poor squad but if the rest of their full time signings are of the early promised quality (Bouzid would certainly fall into that category) then they will do OK. Really easy to understand but I still don't think you're grasping it to be honest.

Ismael Bouzid to play as trialist vs Wolves, I suppose he'd be a terrible signing as well if he was to put pen to paper?

Or perhaps Aimen Demai previously of FC Metz and Kaiserslautern, is he a 3rd division standard player too?

Oh & for the record I'd take Durie & Johnstone over Devlin & Malone any day of the week.

You've added in the line I have put in bold as if it is a throwaway comment and doesn't matter in comparison to wonderful points you've argued further up the post.

Infact, this sentence is the FIRST time you've managed to give any sort of proper insight into why you think (I presume, you've not made any points clear in what you've said) East Fife are in a better position than last year, and will do well this year. I'll ignore the ridiculously childish comments prior to this sentence, and try and pull some sort of real opinions, and the reasons why you think them and maybe, just maybe, this could turn into some sort of footballing debate instead of the drivel I've read so far.

Do you think the players you've kept from last season were the best individuals in that squad, and by keeping them and making the additions you have you've improved the squad?

Maybe you think within time you will sign 3/4 big players (like Bouzid) and the team will be a lot stronger in a month or so once they've been signed?

Also not too sure how you, or I, can comment on the ability of Aimen Demai, as surely neither of us have seen him play? I can't comment on the standard of a player based on their wikipedia entry like you appear to be doing. I may sound a little crazy here, but I judge the standard of a player by how they play in a football match I watch.....