The East Fife Thread

As much as we like to believe otherwise, at this level if a player doesn't want to play for a club anymore there isn't actually much a club can do. Hopefully frees up a wage for a striker!

Exactly, and at least we did get something out of it!!!
And that should be TWO wages because of it!!!

46 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Nope, but it's the near disastrous conveniences of this example that still rankle!!!

And don't be so formal call me KK!!!emoji1.png

Ahem......W G & P McM....................and brown paper envelopes????

Allegedly :whistle

Edited by Wee Sandy

Ahem......W G P McM....................and brown paper envelopes????
Allegedly :whistle

Ahem......R R P McM......................and never been paid yet ???[emoji6]

Seen someone on Facebook saying Young has brought in dross. Apart from Davidson and long who I can’t recall seeing play I’ve been happy with every signing and re-signing that has been made so seems a bit harsh.

15 minutes ago, T-zero said:

Seen someone on Facebook saying Young has brought in dross. Apart from Davidson and long who I can’t recall seeing play I’ve been happy with every signing and re-signing that has been made so seems a bit harsh.

Sometimes I think I can be a bit of a perpetual moaner but some of the shouts on Facebook are ridiculous.

Young has to get off to a good start or folk will be shouting for him to be fired,after the dross we watched,zero points v rovers and our proud record in Scottish cup gone,I was hoping for a change,but knowing he is on a 2 yr deal and allowing him his own players I’m willing to give him another season but I’m sorry to say I’m not optimistic 

Young has to get off to a good start or folk will be shouting for him to be fired,after the dross we watched,zero points v rovers and our proud record in Scottish cup gone,I was hoping for a change,but knowing he is on a 2 yr deal and allowing him his own players I’m willing to give him another season but I’m sorry to say I’m not optimistic 

Last season wasn’t great for the fans but I think he deserves a go with his own signings

Lets be realistic here what more could he have done this off season ? He is rebuilding a squad of players that obviously didn’t want to be here , it’s easy to sit back and be a fifa manager and say we should go get him or keep this guy when in fact most of the guys we have lost with the exception of Duggan have already been replaced and it looks like we have learn d so far not to take kids in on loan .
Maybe I’m the minority here but I think DY has excelled with the signings so far ...

He clearly wanted away so no point in keeping him. We are covered and centre back anyway with Dunlop, Kane and Meggat all capable of playing there.

Exactly, he's not the loss now that he was at the start of last season, especially if he was going to be coming back with the same fitness and attitude problems he had for the second half of that season and anyway we might still have Watson to come back as well to add to our squad of defensive players!!!

Unfortunately that is the nature of the game these days. 2 year contracts count for nothing. Players rule.

Even here in Spain , I have heard of the forward we are interested in . If it comes to fruition . fine.

From an East Fife perspective, nothing will change until there is a change of ownership

Big John Gemmell spotted having a few lager shandys at the Purple Cat tonight.

Fash spotted in McPhails tonight, but then again that's hardly news!!!

Unfortunately that is the nature of the game these days. 2 year contracts count for nothing. Players rule.
Even here in Spain , I have heard of the forward we are interested in . If it comes to fruition . fine.
From an East Fife perspective, nothing will change until there is a change of ownership

Bumped into novos auntie ?