The East Fife Thread

Correct! All those promises that came to hee haw! Water under the bridge now i suppose and a lucky escape for EFFC!
Looking forward to a tough game 2moro against what looks like a brilliant squad put together from Arbroath! We should take confidence from last 2 games and hopefully give them a game.

when Lee came in and saw his team was in the same league as east fife he saw flashing lights but as soon as some of the current directors were leaving and against the idea of him as our chairman it turned out to be a sour experience and with us relegated and giving us Gary Naysmith in the process as manager was not going be a match made in heaven job only experience one tbh and therefore found out and now his bussiness are starting to crumble in the current climate.

Im happy with the current directors we have they have stablizes the club over these years but we all like new people on board to take the club in the next direction, ideas and put money into the bussiness but it has to people in it for the club/bussiness not thereselfs really and i guess Lee was found out to be in that category sadly.

wonder if we have any room for either a CH or a midfielder before fridays deadline in scottish transfer window?

On 23/08/2018 at 23:04, airdrieman said:

Thanks! Certainly a bit more positive than the other review haha :lol: He's very much 2nd choice keeper atm but if Hutton gets suspended or injured then he'll be given a chance.

Yeah, he was much the better goalie we had last year among Ryan Goodfellow and Cordery(sold to juniors in january) we had he was a raw, very young goalkeeper we got from st johnstone on a loan he made one clean sheet after that he was giving the number one goalie jersey until the end of the season. nothing spectualar nothing bad probably average goalie for this level and still very young and upcoming talent think if we had re-signed he would be pretty much 2nd choice likewise McDowall and Couser weve got.

Even after todays result, I still think we have a decent squad , and try and play the right type of football. Inexperience in the key area is costing us badly just now. Need Kevin Smith back. You can see there is something there when Courts the Dowds are beside each other, but this is where we need an experienced head to guide them. Young Thomson has a touch of Sterling, ghosts I to the box with ease, then it comes to nothing. Confidence boost required from somewhere before it's too late. I would hold of the lynch mob for a couple of games yet. There is something there, we just need to prize it out.

Dowds signed a new 2 year deal with us! Great news

So is that three years in total including this year or just a year's extension???

The club are delaying the inevitable, they have been since the day we got beat by Brora. He should’ve been sacked that day. They could’ve stopped the rot months ago, but now we’re months down the line and exactly the same bleak situation. Crowds are falling. We’ve barely won a league game in about 5-6 months. How long are they gonna wait ? Surely there’s not a single supporter left thinks young can turn it around ?

Another defeat next week and we are in bother. As has been said many clubs would have acted on the run of results we have had in the last 6 months. Ultimately our lack of cutting edge and our generosity at gifting goals doesn’t allow you to win games of football. That’s 2 home league games lost 5 goals three f rom corners for those counting ,and zero goals for. Hard when you put so much into a game and the opposition only whip in a corner and your a goal down, you can see the players heads going down. Refs decisions have went against in the last 2 weeks and we have played some good stuff but we hav3 to find a way to win ugly or not, or the chat next week will only be about one thing.

I was watching how Arbroath defend corners today,6 big guys in the 6 yard box just in front of the keeper,got to be worth a try surely,ther first goal today was exactly the same as cowdens first goal against us,this is getting embarrassing now and wer learning  nothing 

The club are delaying the inevitable, they have been since the day we got beat by Brora. He should’ve been sacked that day. They could’ve stopped the rot months ago, but now we’re months down the line and exactly the same bleak situation. Crowds are falling. We’ve barely won a league game in about 5-6 months. How long are they gonna wait ? Surely there’s not a single supporter left thinks young can turn it around ?

Your obviously not at the games with your comments like that...

We should have had the game buried today...

Still not sure why the goal was offside and why it took so long to decide that.

If we had our shooting boots on then we would have had 4/5/6 others?

Arbroath are my favourites to win the league. However their cutting edge was all that put us to bed when we should have been in with a shout.

I think everyone left today thinking how on earth did we not get anything from that. Bit like last week where we left thinking how was that just a point...

The ref and his linos made a lot of very inept decisions in the game adding to that. Overall the team played well and was good football.

Ps the “corner” we conceded... the goal scorer was climbing all over our cbs so when the refs usually give that and they didn’t in this case I think it’s hard to criticise them for conceding from a corner when there was a blatant foul...

Arbroath are my favourites to win the league. However their cutting edge was all that put us to bed when we should have been in with a shout.

I think everyone left today thinking how on earth did we not get anything from that. Bit like last week where we left thinking how was that just a point...

The ref and his linos made a lot of very inept decisions in the game adding to that. Overall the team played well and was good football.

Ps the “corner” we conceded... the goal scorer was climbing all over our cbs so when the refs usually give that and they didn’t in this case I think it’s hard to criticise them for conceding from a corner when there was a blatant foul...

Haha, I think EF were extremely unlucky not to get a goal back at 2-0 but that’s as far as it goes.

I don’t know how you can say you should’ve had the game buried?

Also I’ll reserve full judgment until I see the excellent EF highlights on the offside but I’m 99 percent sure it was the correct call, as for our first goal, your defender has to be stronger there, never a foul.

EF look alright. Bit stuffy but got guys that’ll put themselves about upfront and Agnew is a good player to have. Can’t see you finishing near the bottom. Probably similar to last season.

Haha, I think EF were extremely unlucky not to get a goal back at 2-0 but that’s as far as it goes.

I don’t know how you can say you should’ve had the game buried?

Also I’ll reserve full judgment until I see the excellent EF highlights on the offside but I’m 99 percent sure it was the correct call, as for our first goal, your defender has to be stronger there, never a foul.

EF look alright. Bit stuffy but got guys that’ll put themselves about upfront and Agnew is a good player to have. Can’t see you finishing near the bottom. Probably similar to last season.

The header off the bar, the clearance on the line, the 2 - 6 yard box stramashes, the amount of times we made an extra pass when a shot on goal was the most sensible option.

Yeah I have no worries as it’s clear to see we are down on luck and confidence. Once the team get the confidence back then the luck will run with it.

The header off the bar, the clearance on the line, the 2 - 6 yard box stramashes, the amount of times we made an extra pass when a shot on goal was the most sensible option.

Yeah I have no worries as it’s clear to see we are down on luck and confidence. Once the team get the confidence back then the luck will run with it.

And when did they chances come? When we were 2-0 up. Totally different. We came back out in the second half like the game was won. I’m also sure you hit the bar at 3-0, when the game was done.

I’ve no doubt that if you did take one of they chances and pulled it back to 2-1 then we would’ve got our arses in gear. As it went though we rode that spell, made a few subs and went and put ourselves 3-0 up.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Every week you get more and more embarrassing, please stop.