The East Fife Thread

It’s openly reported by East Fife punters on here that attendances are falling so really the squad you have at the moment is all you can afford, likewise us at the Rovers operating a squad of 16 players which includes  approx 5 players under 20 within that squad it’s not something I agree with but it is what it is as finances dictate. Think your stuck with young for the rest of the season likewise us with Agent Smith

Won't matter to many of us as we won't be there to watch it! As each season passes I've gradually stopped going to away games all together and been more picky with the home games i attend. If I'm being honest I don't miss attending week in week out, far from it! Less than 500 EF fans for a league opener last week tells it's own story! I take my hat off to the few hardy souls who rarely miss a game, certainly a better supporter than I'll ever be but I can't justify giving up my Sat afternoons, paying good money to watch that level of football in a soulless stadium!

I think realistically EF will be a club that just plods along in league 1&2 due to ownership issues!

The board have done well in stabilizing the club all the same and I get the fact we can't get better players on our home attendances but who can blame the locals for staying away? I'd imagine Young would have been punted by now on that record but I suppose we can't afford too! Things can only get better eh? Over to you Mr Young... 

We are in an absolutely rank run of form.

I really hope we can overcome it as things aren’t looking good. Football wise we show signs of improvement and then signs of the same old.

St Johnston game was a new lease of life for the team.

Kev and Anton together look a right good handful.

We desperately need someone to step up and start scoring goals. I think Anton definitely looks like someone who can do this as each time he’s on the park he offers us absolutely loads more than the team when he’s not in it.

Really hoping the club can pull it out the bag in the next three fixtures as these games are absolutely massive for everyone. A cup run would be great and hopefully bring some cheer to the club!

IMG_2888.thumb.jpg.38f4e6752fb02b1ec35ac0d2d368e968.jpg

He got you a win at Hampden!!! How quickly East Fife fans forget!!! You’re not Barcelona you know!!!

We are in an absolutely rank run of form.

I really hope we can overcome it as things aren’t looking good. Football wise we show signs of improvement and then signs of the same old.

St Johnston game was a new lease of life for the team.

Kev and Anton together look a right good handful.

We desperately need someone to step up and start scoring goals. I think Anton definitely looks like someone who can do this as each time he’s on the park he offers us absolutely loads more than the team when he’s not in it.

Really hoping the club can pull it out the bag in the next three fixtures as these games are absolutely massive for everyone. A cup run would be great and hopefully bring some cheer to the club!

IMG_2888.thumb.jpg.38f4e6752fb02b1ec35ac0d2d368e968.jpg

A would love to see the page before that aswell if u have it....... because I can remember us only getting 2wins in 14-15 games during the period we got beat by Brora ?

Hard to watch and take.....especially having to suffer 6months of smith before young. The naysmith days seem like an age ago.

A would love to see the page before that aswell if u have it....... because I can remember us only getting 2wins in 14-15 games during the period we got beat by Brora ?

Hard to watch and take.....especially having to suffer 6months of smith before young. The naysmith days seem like an age ago.

Here is the form previous to that IMG_1534069578.773134.jpg

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Just going by those games pictured it is

30 games.

6 wins
5 draws ( 2 lost on pens)
19 defeats

Not great reading on paper. I think the team is stronger this season than last seasons. Think that’s up to perception though.

The team is shite, 95% of us know that. Guys like Dunlop, Davidson, Dowds etc..wouldn't get s game for any other team in the league.

The same 95% of us know that under the current set up we'll most likely finish in the bottom 2 this season. As much as I'd like DY to prove me wrong it's just not going to happen. 6 wins out of 30 is shambolic at any level but at this level in particular and he should of been gone a long time ago it's unfortunate that the other 5% seem to think he can do no wrong, we'll get a tanking next week and be bottom with 0 points at the end of August.

Big up too the true fans who back this guy, you are doing the club a great service.

The team is shite, 95% of us know that. Guys like Dunlop, Davidson, Dowds etc..wouldn't get s game for any other team in the league.
The same 95% of us know that under the current set up we'll most likely finish in the bottom 2 this season. As much as I'd like DY to prove me wrong it's just not going to happen. 6 wins out of 30 is shambolic at any level but at this level in particular and he should of been gone a long time ago it's unfortunate that the other 5% seem to think he can do no wrong, we'll get a tanking next week and be bottom with 0 points at the end of August.
Big up too the true fans who back this guy, you are doing the club a great service.

You have chosen 3 of our best players so far this season to try and prove a point.

I know that lots don’t like Darren but at least choose 3 players that haven’t looked decent. [emoji23]

31 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

You have chosen 3 of our best players so far this season to try and prove a point.

I know that lots don’t like Darren but at least choose 3 players that haven’t looked decent. emoji23.png

I'm actually struggling to understand if you are being serious or not, we haven't won a game this season so regardless of whether you think they have been our best players (isn't an achievement, just to clarify) they are still not of a standard needed to stay in the division.

You can dress it up however you like but the fact is they wouldn't play for anyone else in the league. I'm sure you know that deep down despite being very delusional.

Hello fellow fifers, new to this so be gentle! Followed EF for a number of seasons now.

So far this season back 4 have looked solid, not one game have they been cut open out with the odd chance yesterday- Linton coming back should only strengthen it further. Attacking is the real concern, no quality in the final third esp wide areas! Perhaps good loan signings of a couple of wingers/strikers will sort things out.

Earlys days, will be just fine this season in my opinion. Goals needed asap however.

Hello fellow fifers, new to this so be gentle! Followed EF for a number of seasons now.
So far this season back 4 have looked solid, not one game have they been cut open out with the odd chance yesterday- Linton coming back should only strengthen it further. Attacking is the real concern, no quality in the final third esp wide areas! Perhaps good loan signings of a couple of wingers/strikers will sort things out.
Earlys days, will be just fine this season in my opinion. Goals needed asap however.

Your on the wind up surely ?

It's a thought but if Linton and Docherty are back soon if we start Linton at LB, put Meggat in at CH and put Docherty and Watson in the middle in place of Davison and Slattery!!!

And before all the Pat lovers start giving me grief yes he hasn't been bad, in fact I thought he was our best player after Smith went off in the Dumbarton game, but the combination we are going with at the moment is creating nothing, which basically is their job, time to try something else, it may work it may not but the midfielders job is to be the first line of defense and to creat goal scoring chances for our forwards and at the moment we couldn't score in a barrel of fannies!!!

It's a thought but if Linton and Docherty are back soon if we start Linton at LB, put Meggat in at CH and put Docherty and Watson in the middle in place of Davison and Slattery!!!
And before all the Pat lovers start giving me grief yes he hasn't been bad, in fact I thought he was our best player after Smith went off in the Dumbarton game, but the combination we are going with at the moment is creating nothing, which basically is their job, time to try something else, it may work it may not but the midfielders job is to be the first line of defense and to creat goal scoring chances for our forwards and at the moment we couldn't score in a barrel of fannies!!!

So instead of the “are you at the wind up” patter, what you meant was I agree with you however the cm area could do with some strengthening too..

I think Davidson will be a big player for the team this year, great fitness levels and looks to play forward. Moving Watson beside him would be interesting however he and Meggat seem to be one of the only two who are working well together.

16 hours ago, scottishsocceroo said:

I am actually inclined to agree, and before anyone starts, i have been to league games we have lost this season.

I have seen us lose sloppy goals these passed two games, i have not seen us be completely outclassed, and i have seen us play some good stuff at times, albeit inconsistently. To put into perspective, we have a whole new team that hasn't quite clicked yet, and i agree with others that we could do with some forward strengthening. I don't see us as relegation candidates, but agree that it will be a difficult August. 0 points out of 6 (potentially 12) is a tough read, but there is still plenty to contest this year.

We have been in this league long enough to know that Nov-Feb is when the league shakes out. Infact i remember when we won League 2 under naysmith we were off the pace until Christmas and went on a run of form that blew most away. Whilst i am not saying this is what will happen this year, you cant look at two games where we have been competitive but lacked finishing and spit the dummy. The squad is still work in progress, and i would be surprised if we dont see more coming in within the next few weeks on loan deals.

As for the manager I think the bandwagon started rolling last year on DY, and some people are discontent with him, which is fanning sum of the OTT criticism. I think Raith will to an extent have the same issue with Smith, where some fans just don't accept he could do a good job based on last year. Fair enough. The form stats don't lie, but they also dont highlight that we were effectively safe with 5 games to play. 

as for all this 'i'm never going back to bayview' nonsense i am fed up reading to be honest - we must be amongst the worst support for this.

KK,how many defenders do you want in the team lol,however I think three at the back would suit us-Watson Dunlop and meggatt,with dunsmore an ?? As wing backs but still play 2 up front 
Long
Watson, Dunlop , Meggatt

Dunsmore Davidson Agnew Docherty ,Linton

Currie Smith.

To me , that's the best we have , but we will never play that formation.

Subs
McDowell
Mc Bride
Slattery
Thomson
Kane
Dowds
Court

1 hour ago, scottishsocceroo said:

So instead of the “are you at the wind up” patter, what you meant was I agree with you however the cm area could do with some strengthening too..

Think you've got me confused with somebody else???