The East Fife Thread

TBF (I think) Willis is still available. You could do a lot worse although he certainly would not be in the best shape since he hasn't done a pre-season

Didn't read the quote there and thought you were on about PAUL Willis there!!!
Was trying to find the contact details of a Mod to see if I could get you banned!!!

TBF (I think) Willis is still available. You could do a lot worse although he certainly would not be in the best shape since he hasn't done a pre-season

To sign furtado you need to pay £50k to his development team.
He’s also looking for a full time wage [emoji23]

just had another quick look at only Our five fixtures in including the challenge cup looks pretty tasty encounters from that screenshot to be honest. 

Signs to be encouraged about as we approach the start of the season !!!

76CC2646-0B67-4EC6-9733-A59E4E031457.png

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Certainly a need for another forward.Good luck to Rory.

Although Anton Dowds is still finding his feet , he appears to be willing to learn and is starting to form an on field striking relationship with Kevin Smith.So far his commitment cannot be questioned. Feel that Court has yet to take advantage of the opportunity offered to him by the club.

Unlike some others, I am satisfied with the players signed by the manager and sincerely hope that the experience that we have in this season's squad will make us more competitive than last season.

Onwards and upwards!!

this maybe a random question to ask but when was the last time we won the first game of the season? was it not at home to east stirling in 2007-08 season?

it’ll be a tough game on saturday and with Currie arrival i feel on paper the strikers currently is better hand to have than last season and hopefully we can push on from last season rollcoaster.

Hmmm.... Where do you start after this afternoons performance? 1. After all the LC games I thought we had a solid defense, that could absorb anything. Wrong, the same frailties exist from last season. Set piece management and execution were poor today and once again cost us the game. I don't want to hear any excuse about Dumbarton being an ex championship team and being a favourite for the title. Over the 90mins, they were honestly not really any better than us. They had 2 goals from corners, and a shot of the post when we were open , trying to get back into the game. Get the problem sorted ,and fast or we will be in trouble before the end of August.
2 points to note from today,
1. Why are we choosing to play the wrong way round ?
2. Why not play in the home kit?

I was really looking forward to the season at 15.00 today, but once again, the dread has crept in. Disappointment is an understatement.

4 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Hmmm.... Where do you start after this afternoons performance? 1. After all the LC games I thought we had a solid defense, that could absorb anything. Wrong, the same frailties exist from last season. Set piece management and execution were poor today and once again cost us the game. I don't want to hear any excuse about Dumbarton being an ex championship team and being a favourite for the title. Over the 90mins, they were honestly not really any better than us. They had 2 goals from corners, and a shot of the post when we were open , trying to get back into the game. Get the problem sorted ,and fast or we will be in trouble before the end of August.
2 points to note from today,
1. Why are we choosing to play the wrong way round ?
2. Why not play in the home kit?

I was really looking forward to the season at 15.00 today, but once again, the dread has crept in. Disappointment is an understatement.

Sounds like another season of same old same old  lies ahead. Toyed with the idea of going today but cutting the grass had far more appeal.

Still, early days and at least Wraith are struggling which is always a bonus.

The goals conceded were identical to the Falkirk first goal last week.It is not good enough that we cannot defend corners in our box and cannot offer any threat from our corners.The manager really needs to  sort this out.It is killing the team.Once Smith went off we showed very little going forward and never looked like scoring.Scott McBride is not a central striker and the initial substitutions didn’t work .Thought Liam Watt offered a lot more when he came on.

What the f**k did I just watch???
Dumbarton must have thought it was Christmas the way we gifted that game to them all wrapped up with a nice bow, we gifted them two easy corners, we gifted them two unmarked easy headers on goal and ended up gifted them a win!!!
Utter, utter shite but the most disappointing thing was the change in the side after Kevin Smith's injury and subsequent substitution, up until that point it had been like watching Barcelona we should have been two up in the first quarter of an hour and repeatedly tore Dumbarton a new one everytime we went up the park, but how could a change like that happen it was like watching two different sides in East Fife colours in the first half???
Why didn't the Manager keep the same shape and tactics that Dumbarton obviously couldn't cope with, when Kev got injured? A like for like substitution, Court was on the bench get him on, instead of trying to shoehorn a midfielder up front, it looked to me like Agnew didn't know where he was supposed to be playing and ended up playing so deep it was like we had 5 across the middle, sitting deeper and allowing Dumbarton to get back into the game. Bringing Thomson on was a mistake, it upset the whole balance of the side and besides that the guy had a mare and ended up being substituted himself, so we can assume that that is his confidence shot for the next few weeks!!!
A like for like sub coming on and we would have went on to win that game I'm sure, it was there for the taking, ended up being glad we got to half time without conceding but the second half was just more of the same and we gave Dumbarton a win they didn't even have to work for!!!
Noticed that when we brought Court on for the last ten minutes and went back to the 442 we started to look more like it, but it was too little too late!!!
This better be a blip and surely to f**k we aren't a "one-man team" and turn to shite every time Kev Smith gets injured???

I thought the first 15 mins of the game was the best football I had seen for some time at Bayview.
DY got it wrong big time with his substitution when Smith had to come off, a like for like substitution would have been his best option, Thomson was not at the races, he was poor, very poor. It took DY until the second half to see this, what game was he watching?
McBride, again had a chance and never took it, he swans about the pitch doing feck all, why it took so long to hook him, I don't know.
Defending a corner, just looking at the ball coming in would be a good start.
I felt for Agnew the substitution did not help him, he became absent in the game.
The young laddie Currie looks good, but needs the ball played to his feet, after Smith came off, Currie never touched the ball for the remainder of the first half, punting the ball up to him does not work.
I still believe in DY, but I don't think there is many who would agree with me?