The East Fife Thread

12 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

What strikers are out there to sign? Like I can’t think of any...

Aye you keep saying this shite and the answer to your question is there are none because we missed them all 4 weeks ago. It's really that simple. I'm sure you'll now come back to me with some more bs about Spence etc..but the fact is the strikers we apparently targeted didn't fancy East Fife so there should of been backup's and if there was why didn't they fancy East Fife and I think everyone knows the answer.

People like yourself and others on here are quick to talk about how fantastic our not so very fantastic squad is but the fact is we failed to sign a goalscorer and of course that won't be the only reason why we are the bottom 2 come May but it'll certainly play a big part, that chance is now gone and we'll have to make do with Court up top by himself occasionally supported by kev.

What strikers are out there to sign? Like I can’t think of any...

Getting a bit repetitive now........we all get your clubs no1 cheerleader. But as said above and as discussed with you a couple of weeks ago, Young has obviously not done his homework before the window opened. And at the end of the day ITS HIS JOB

You need a striker you say? Please take Duggan back, the guy is an absolute carthorse.

With the Team we're building and the chances we are creating, a decent "experienced" striker would be in with a shout of any Divisional Top Scorer awards this season!!!

Like the fat burd at closing time in a Nightclub, Duggan will regret flashing his knickers to the first (only???)Full Time outfit that chatted him up, of that I'm sure!!!

We need additional striking options i agree, but for me overall squad balance is more important than an single player, and in terms of recruitment i feel this has been a good start to the season.

I am confident of DY being able to pick up a loan striker if need be, but would hope for a more permanent signing. Just because the usual lower league journeymen have been signed up does not mean we are a lost cause, plenty of teams are still trying to nail down their recruitment, unfortunately we are still in that mixer.

Also, i felt we were a little unlucky v montrose, i wouldnt say we dominated the game but certainly created enough to have deserved a point. Contrast that to some of the other teams early league cup results, even those who have signed what on paper looks like a strong squad (Dundee Utd being a noteable example) and im not sweating just yet. 

If we are going into the loan market for a striker, we could do worse than trying to get Auden Keena or Dario Zanatta from Hearts. After losing a 15 goal striker in Duggan, he should have been a priority to replace and we haven’t done that. I’ve no doubt Darren has tried various options but it has to be addressed quickly otherwise we could be listening to the same comments every week that we are creating chances but not taking them.

What’s Scott McDonald doing these days ???

Apparently was seen in Agenda enjoying FajitaFursday!!!
Coincidence???

I think we've played pretty well over the first two competitive games of the season, especially up in Perth. We look pretty solid but, as others have said we look far to weak going forward. I still think Kev Smith is good for 10+ goals and assists.  It's imperative that we get off to a good start in the league so fingers crossed Darren has something up his sleeve. 

I see the Club have reduced the admission fee for Sunday's cup game against Forfar to £10, well done, good move, hope it pays off!!!

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:46, King Kebab said:

With the Team we're building and the chances we are creating, a decent "experienced" striker would be in with a shout of any Divisional Top Scorer awards this season!!!

Like the fat burd at closing time in a Nightclub, Duggan will regret flashing his knickers to the first (only???)Full Time outfit that chatted him up, of that I'm sure!!!

dont think he will tbh, enjoy Jonny court a nice guy and ..... That's about it

Im fine with us playing on the Sunday, it gives us an extra days rest, that has been a factor in our arse collapsing in the last couple of years, where we've started strongly and then petered out, think it was two seasons ago we played 4 games in 10 days, drew with Dundee, beat Dumbarton, beat Peterhead and then were breathing out of our arses after 10 minutes against Forfar, who then beat us and knocked us out!!!

Bit much for a PT side, so any chance of a break should be taken!!!

7 hours ago, east fife for life said:

I hope it's financially worth our while allowing Raith to play today and put us aside until Sunday! Should be a good crowd and hopefully plenty thirsty football fans!

This would have been BT Sport's decision.

Quite an enjoyable game but the sending off changed the game, it doesn’t look as though Kane touched Dylan from where I was. Fair play to Young for keeping 2 upfront as well after Kane’s red card.

I liked the look of Dowds and Smith upfront with the latter giving the Forfar defence the run around at times, both became isolated in the 2nd half, understandable with a man disadvantage.

McCallum made a good save from Watson’s header and Agnew was unlucky when he hit the post.

Impressed with Meggatt and Dunsmore too. Will try and get to the game next week before heading back to New Zealand but the signs look pretty good.