The East Fife Thread

Question for  @LiamA ; have we ever had a number 13, back in the day that was usually a "squad" goalkeeper's number, do we use it, have we used it???

Also well done to Craig Thomson who was not only MotM on Saturday but also made the SPFL Team of the Week!!!

IMG_3926.jpg.0c03ede99537d1cf0f1065c1cac12a7f.jpg

Also another couple of ex-Fifers in that lineup as well I notice!!!

46 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Question for  @LiamA ; have we ever had a number 13, back in the day that was usually a "squad" goalkeeper's number, do we use it, have we used it???

I don't think so, certainly not since we went to squad numbers but perhaps Angus can check back his meticulous records & let us know?

Can't make the game tonight but fingers crossed for a positive result. Be interesting to see (hear) what Montrose are shaping up like this season also!
Will keep you posted!

Disappointed to see us only go with 1 up top tonight in Court thought we might have seem him and Smith up there together as this is a game we should be looking to win along with Forfar on sunday
I could be talking absolute shite here but I'd wager it's more to do with Kev's legs bring a wee bit gone and playing twice in 3/4 days might be a push. Nae sure mind, just a stab.

36 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Disappointed to see us only go with 1 up top tonight in Court thought we might have seem him and Smith up there together as this is a game we should be looking to win along with Forfar on sunday

Darren Young playing 1 up front?  Who would have thought it!

Bit pish that tonight, created enough chances to win two games but a lack of a recognised Goalscorer has cost us the game IMO!!!

Montrose score with one of only two shots that they had on target and that was that, we huffed and puffed in and around their box but with no end product, I honestly think Duggan would have scored at least two of those chances we had tonight and that is going to be the difference between challenging for a playoff place or dicking around the bottom half this season, having a proven Goalscorer at this level!!!

IMG_3930.thumb.jpg.2de7810a360abc4d4f82ed1ae503cd21.jpg

Eta: This is not a dig at Darren as I actually think he has built up a decent squad for this season, a squad that should be capable to challenge at the right end of the table but even after just two games, it's pretty clear to see what is still lacking!!!

What strikers are out there to sign? Like I can’t think of any...

I'm not saying it's an easy fix, but it is clear we have a problem!!!
I honestly think we should be making overtures to Insall to come back once his ban is up, the fact some Clubs might be put off him could make us a serious contender!!!

Surely that’s what the manager is paid for.

I know that but I am actually curious as to if anyone even knows anyone out there available that we could consider that are better than what we have.

Not being a dick about it as I agree we need another striker. Just was seeing if Folk had some ideas to throw about (apart from saying Willis furtado or Kris Boyd or anything else silly) but by the reaction I don’t think anyone has any.

I'm not saying it's an easy fix, but it is clear we have a problem!!!
I honestly think we should be making overtures to Insall to come back once his ban is up, the fact some Clubs might be put off him could make us a serious contender!!!

Also would love insall back but his ban is up in February/March is it not?
Defo get him back for tail end of season

Bit pish that tonight, created enough chances to win two games but a lack of a recognised Goalscorer has cost us the game IMO!!!
Montrose score with one of only two shots that they had on target and that was that, we huffed and puffed in and around their box but with no end product, I honestly think Duggan would have scored at least two of those chances we had tonight and that is going to be the difference between challenging for a playoff place or dicking around the bottom half this season, having a proven Goalscorer at this level!!!
IMG_3930.thumb.jpg.2de7810a360abc4d4f82ed1ae503cd21.jpg
 Eta: This is not a dig at Darren as I actually think he has built up a decent squad for this season, a squad that should be capable to challenge at the right end of the table but even after just two games, it's pretty clear to see what is still lacking!!!

After being at pert on saturday i was really looking forward to this game, unfortunately i thought we were poor all over the park with mis controlling the ball the norm and stray passes everywhere, the sad thing was montrose were no great shakes either and if we had played half as good as we did on saturday we should easily have won last night