The East Fife Thread

Just heard the rovers chairman’s interview, wish we had a chairman that could communicate with fans and had a plan other than just survive. Rovers squad might be threadbare and they may be tight for cash, but they’ve got a vision and a long term plan something for the fans to buy into. Seek of the take yer cake an eat it attitude from the board every season. Refusing to sack muppet young after 2wins in 14 then getting beat by a shite highland league team, then the absolutely incredible last five games where we got absolutely hammered, embarrassing. To lose 20 games out of 36 and to still be in a job is a disgrace. It’s a massive f**k you to the fans [emoji867] we’re now 3 games into the new season without a win, failed to beat 2 teams in our league. Scored one goal that was giving as on OG. And if you dare speak out about young and the lack of the striker your the bad one [emoji23] how long are we actually gonna give this guy ?

Just heard the rovers chairman’s interview, wish we had a chairman that could communicate with fans and had a plan other than just survive. Rovers squad might be threadbare and they may be tight for cash, but they’ve got a vision and a long term plan something for the fans to buy into. Seek of the take yer cake an eat it attitude from the board every season. Refusing to sack muppet young after 2wins in 14 then getting beat by a shite highland league team, then the absolutely incredible last five games where we got absolutely hammered, embarrassing. To lose 20 games out of 36 and to still be in a job is a disgrace. It’s a massive f**k you to the fans [emoji867] we’re now 3 games into the new season without a win, failed to beat 2 teams in our league. Scored one goal that was giving as on OG. And if you dare speak out about young and the lack of the striker your the bad one [emoji23] how long are we actually gonna give this guy ?

Have you actually watched any the cup games? Played brilliant against st Johnstone and Forfar. One a premier league team and one we had 10 men for the majority off the game. Whilst I agree we need another striker Smith and dowd were excellent on Sunday.

Have you actually watched any the cup games? Played brilliant against st Johnstone and Forfar. One a premier league team and one we had 10 men for the majority off the game. Whilst I agree we need another striker Smith and dowd were excellent on Sunday.

Yeah av seen them and a can say am absolutely delighted a didn’t renew Football is a results game. Your starting to sound like a Darren young post match interview. ‘We played well but didn’t win’. Seek of 6months of smith then 12 of young has finished me. After 21 years. You gonna say that at the end of the year after relegation ? ‘Played well but got relegated’

Yeah av seen them and a can say am absolutely delighted a didn’t renew Football is a results game. Your starting to sound like a Darren young post match interview. ‘We played well but didn’t win’. Seek of 6months of smith then 12 of young has finished me. After 21 years. You gonna say that at the end of the year after relegation ? ‘Played well but got relegated’

Relying on smith is a bad idea aswell.......

33 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Just heard the rovers chairman’s interview, wish we had a chairman that could communicate with fans and had a plan other than just survive. Rovers squad might be threadbare and they may be tight for cash, but they’ve got a vision and a long term plan something for the fans to buy into. Seek of the take yer cake an eat it attitude from the board every season. Refusing to sack muppet young after 2wins in 14 then getting beat by a shite highland league team, then the absolutely incredible last five games where we got absolutely hammered, embarrassing. To lose 20 games out of 36 and to still be in a job is a disgrace. It’s a massive f**k you to the fans emoji867.png we’re now 3 games into the new season without a win, failed to beat 2 teams in our league. Scored one goal that was giving as on OG. And if you dare speak out about young and the lack of the striker your the bad one emoji23.png how long are we actually gonna give this guy ?

Absolutely spot on btw, we will struggle this year with few goals. Youngs record has to be the worse East Fife have had surely??? Being told were strong here and there but cant win games?? So confused! Awww wait... I cant think of any strikers can you? Load eh pish 

Football is a results game, did you expect to get a good result against st Johnstone? I’d also say the Forfar game was a good result with a good performance and Agnew was unlucky not to score twice. Your starting to sound like your wanting east fife relegated just so you can say I told you so, also seem the type to disappear if we are actually having a successful season.

Wow! I would say the balance of the squad is much better this season than last and with more depth. Finding an out and out striker at this level is very difficult and we aren’t the only club looking for them so you have to give guys a chance. I like the look of Dowds and a lot will will depend on if we can keep Smith fit.

Last season was disappointing but Young deserves a chance to build his own team, so just cool it before you start sharpening the knives before the league has even started.

8 hours ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Just heard the rovers chairman’s interview, wish we had a chairman that could communicate with fans and had a plan other than just survive. Rovers squad might be threadbare and they may be tight for cash, but they’ve got a vision and a long term plan something for the fans to buy into. Seek of the take yer cake an eat it attitude from the board every season. Refusing to sack muppet young after 2wins in 14 then getting beat by a shite highland league team, then the absolutely incredible last five games where we got absolutely hammered, embarrassing. To lose 20 games out of 36 and to still be in a job is a disgrace. It’s a massive f**k you to the fans emoji867.png we’re now 3 games into the new season without a win, failed to beat 2 teams in our league. Scored one goal that was giving as on OG. And if you dare speak out about young and the lack of the striker your the bad one emoji23.png how long are we actually gonna give this guy ?

I'm giving you a greenie for the sheer seeth. Love a fellow ranter. You'll not find a bigger critic of Young than me. Last season was brutal and enough to put you of football for life.

That said, a new season lies ahead. Young has built his own team so no excuses now and he'll be judged on results over the coming months. He deserves a chance to prove he can manage a team and get the fans on side. I'm not convinced about him in the slightest but prepared to see what happens next few months before I hit the rant button.

Deep down I think he's perfectly qualified to get us relegated and he'll be oot the door by February but I hope I'm wrong.:P

I get we were needing a good striker with a good goal scoring record. It’s not impossible for Smith dowd or court to shine this season and score goals for us, we also have Agnew Thomson and even Mcbride who I reckon will all chip in with a few goals. We relied on duggan to get most of our goals pretty much so I’m hoping they all step up and get more goals around the whole team.

Excellent rant earlier, thoroughly enjoyed that. But YMPC, jacking it in after just 21 years? C’mon min, you’ve still got years to suffer the pain of supporting a diddy team. I’m fifty years watching the dark blue diddys along the road from you, if nothing else it gives you broad shoulders. Keep the faith.

No way will East Fife fc be anywhere near relegation trouble. Too good a team!

Right enough I don't rate your manager!   Strange choice of substitutions on Sunday there as well.

However, you're only maybe a better manager and a good striker away from challenging for the play-offs I'd say!

many loans can we use? 5 including development ones or has that rule change? wouldnt mind adding another CB aswell as a striker and that would booster the team and we wouldn’t have to see Kano get another stupidly carded throughout the season as a back up until Linton is back :unsure:

as for YMPC quote we did have a plan when LM tookover the club and LOOK how well that planned out meaning becareful what you wish for - did we not get relegated then left the club that same season but more to the fact we do have a dark cloud over the shareholders in the dark surrounding the club as a whole but since were still in L1 we are just part of the remaining p/t clubs challenging to be that next brechin when that time comes unless something major happens in the near distant years regarding the club then the club will just go on like many p/t teams we see and the only way is faith and hope but at the same time waiting on that hope at the right time. Young 1st season i would give him by benefit the doubt to get the second term just like Gary got, some patience to build his team and win over the fans before they move on. sometimes not sacking a manager is good too as we survived in a poor season last year but like to see manager earn the two year contract given to him last July.

So keep the faith....

Football was pish last season but I'll judge Darren this season, clearout complete and he's brought his own players in! Play off spot is a must! The board say the objective is to win league but they would say that! Can't blame Darren for lack of strikers, we were in for 2 experienced strikers but what can Darren do without the financial backing? I hope Court, Dowds and Smith can stay clear of injury and we push on for play off place. Wasn't a fan of Darren Young last season but he has my full support going into a new season. Other teams have recruited well and it's going to be a hard league! All we can do is back the team, do our bit and hope for the best. Good luck Darren, I hope you prove myself and many others wrong. Mon the Fife

Football is a results game, did you expect to get a good result against st Johnstone? I’d also say the Forfar game was a good result with a good performance and Agnew was unlucky not to score twice. Your starting to sound like your wanting east fife relegated just so you can say I told you so, also seem the type to disappear if we are actually having a successful season.

Not against st Johnstone, but I expect us to win against 2 teams that will be at our end of the league ? Forfar game was a good result.....? seriously ???? Go and boil yer heed son. Your brain damaged from watching too much lower league football if u think that’s a good result. The whole we’re at our level attitude really frustrates me, that’s why gates are dwindling. And as for disappearing...... thing is I go home and away most weekends, as I have done for 20 years. I also buy 2 ST every year except this year. So a doubt disappearing is on the cards baring in mind my living room looks into bayview. So u should think twice before trying to judge somebody’s type from a p&b post. If I am correctly informed and your are who I’ve been told you are, I’ve been standing in the pissing rain a lot lot longer than you [emoji23]. You need to understand if some one has an opinion that doesn’t match yours, you can’t start questioning there commitment to the club more so when you don’t know who your talking to......

Not against st Johnstone, but I expect us to win against 2 teams that will be at our end of the league ? Forfar game was a good result.....? seriously ???? Go and boil yer heed son. Your brain damaged from watching too much lower league football if u think that’s a good result. The whole we’re at our level attitude really frustrates me, that’s why gates are dwindling. And as for disappearing...... thing is I go home and away most weekends, as I have done for 20 years. I also buy 2 ST every year except this year. So a doubt disappearing is on the cards baring in mind my living room looks into bayview. So u should think twice before trying to judge somebody’s type from a p&b post. If I am correctly informed and your are who I’ve been told you are, I’ve been standing in the pissing rain a lot lot longer than you [emoji23]. You need to understand if some one has an opinion that doesn’t match yours, you can’t start questioning there commitment to the club more so when you don’t know who your talking to......

For playing the majority of the game with 10 men it is a decent result. Didn’t mean disappear from games I was meaning you would disappear off here and wouldn’t give Darren praise if it was deserved. I don’t know if you’ve been informed correctly so let me know who you think i am?? You need to understand I couldn’t care who I was talking to.