The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Think you will find we didn’t need any help there because we F####d it ourselves

image.gif

6 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

David Galt left Alloa today wonder if we have enough budget left to bring him in as another attacking midfield option

that would be some coup, see also Jai Quitago from Morton (think hes a winger not sure?) been aloud to find another club aswell, im sure doncaster rovers wanted him two seasons ago if my memory serves me right until his injuries kept him out. two players that would be up for grabs from the championship, surely but your right only if we have enough budget to therefore sign anyone at this stage.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

that would be some coup, see also Jai Quitago from Morton (think hes a winger not sure?) been aloud to find another club aswell, im sure doncaster rovers wanted him two seasons ago if my memory serves me right until his injuries kept him out. two players that would be up for grabs from the championship, surely but your right only if we have enough budget to therefore sign anyone at this stage.
I think Galt has a fitness/illness issue which is why he has been released. Jai Quitongo will not be dropping down to League 1, unless he's always fancied a job working on the railway.

I was still in the DY camp up till the start of the League Season but with only two games in, the tactical naivety on display in first two league games of the season has got me swithering!!!
Losing the two obviously winnable games of the four we have this month does not bode well, if we finish August with zero points then DY and the shoogly peg will be making each other's acquaintance IMO!!!

36 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I was still in the DY camp up till the start of the League Season but with only two games in, the tactical naivety on display in first two league games of the season has got me swithering!!!
Losing the two obviously winnable games of the four we have this month does not bode well, if we finish August with zero points then DY and the shoogly peg will be making each other's acquaintance IMO!!!

A predictable start to the season for most of us. No doubt ultimate roaster Youngerspaleale will be along shortly to tell us Young is misunderstood. 

No misunderstanding about it. The inevitable is unfolding already and this guy continues on his mission of abject failure whilst the crowds drop on a weekly basis.

Get him to f**k. He's the most clueless manager we've had in donkeys years and that achievement takes some beating.

#Youngout

Dont think any East Fife supporter will be surprised at another loss. Absolutely frightening at the lack of goals . You can point at the injuries to Kev Smith,  Scott Linton and Mark Docherty but having witnessed the game last week you would have to wonder how we could score a goal. Two Fife derbies coming up ,can’t say I’m feeling very confident. How he could deploy the same players in attacking positions that were used last week when Smith went off is alarming. Two league games in and any enthusiasm for the new season is long gone. 

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Lol

Our last 13 competitive games record is - won 1, draws 2 & 10 defeats. Goals for 9, goals against 25. Horrendous in anyone’s book !! Many of the players that have been brought in have played under Young before. Others are players from a lower level or who couldn’t get a game at their last club. He now has his own team but the same problems from last season are alarmingly glaringly obvious. Lack of experienced strikers and no real leaders, motivators etc on the pitch. How often have we seen a really positive reaction from the team after a half time team talk ?? It is now likely that we will end the month bottom of the league with 0 points - pessimistic - probably but just being realistic. By that stage confidence will be really low with players and fans.
Last week I was really impressed up until Kevin Smith went off but the performance after that was like a team that had lost Messi. Lack of ideas, nobody willing to put their foot on the ball and we resorted to much of what we saw last season with the ball being lumped from back to front. No doubt I’ll get pelters from those who back Young and think he needs time to get his own team playing his way but I’m afraid that is my opinion but I’m sure there are others who will agree with me. At the end of the day, the game is about opinions and those of the directors are the ones that count in terms of their faith in the manager. What I will say is that today is the first time in a very long time that I had the chance to go to an East Fife game and decided against it. I feared the worst today and listening to my daughters comments on the game, I think I made the right decision. More and more fans are making the same decisions even for home games. Very worrying !

52 minutes ago, Bayviewboy said:

Our last 13 competitive games record is - won 1, draws 2 & 10 defeats. Goals for 9, goals against 25. Horrendous in anyone’s book !! Many of the players that have been brought in have played under Young before. Others are players from a lower level or who couldn’t get a game at their last club. He now has his own team but the same problems from last season are alarmingly glaringly obvious. Lack of experienced strikers and no real leaders, motivators etc on the pitch. How often have we seen a really positive reaction from the team after a half time team talk ?? It is now likely that we will end the month bottom of the league with 0 points - pessimistic - probably but just being realistic. By that stage confidence will be really low with players and fans.
Last week I was really impressed up until Kevin Smith went off but the performance after that was like a team that had lost Messi. Lack of ideas, nobody willing to put their foot on the ball and we resorted to much of what we saw last season with the ball being lumped from back to front. No doubt I’ll get pelters from those who back Young and think he needs time to get his own team playing his way but I’m afraid that is my opinion but I’m sure there are others who will agree with me. At the end of the day, the game is about opinions and those of the directors are the ones that count in terms of their faith in the manager. What I will say is that today is the first time in a very long time that I had the chance to go to an East Fife game and decided against it. I feared the worst today and listening to my daughters comments on the game, I think I made the right decision. More and more fans are making the same decisions even for home games. Very worrying !

I think there are only 2 so not much to worry about tbh.

#YoungOut

Having watched the last 2 cup games I was slightly optimistic for the season, we played well and were pretty unlucky in both of those games. Fast forward 2 weeks and we are already in a bit of trouble. I think we have a decent squad of players, obviously missing Kevin Smith is a massive blow for us, however failing to score in 2 games and by all account being turned over quite comfortably by Brechin it’s worrying signs.

We have Cowden and Raith this week so we aren’t going to win either of those and with 4 defeats from 4, that shoogly peg will be nearly on the floor.

We are in an absolutely rank run of form.

I really hope we can overcome it as things aren’t looking good. Football wise we show signs of improvement and then signs of the same old.

St Johnston game was a new lease of life for the team.

Kev and Anton together look a right good handful.

We desperately need someone to step up and start scoring goals. I think Anton definitely looks like someone who can do this as each time he’s on the park he offers us absolutely loads more than the team when he’s not in it.

Really hoping the club can pull it out the bag in the next three fixtures as these games are absolutely massive for everyone. A cup run would be great and hopefully bring some cheer to the club!

IMG_2888.jpg

I knew our record was bad but that is truly shocking in anyone’s book. No one in the land can defend that record . Why has he signed players , then won’t play them. I think to be honest most fans couldn’t care less if they go to the games now or not. The game ia about entertainment but you would be hard pushed to find much entertainment watching East Fife these days. More like fatal frustration as you watch the same predictable mistakes every week. We all know he’s contracted for the rest of the season ,and I’m sure we’ll here there is no money to pay compensation. Over to the board but even they must be hard pushed to see any progress or light at the end of the tunnel.

What was resoundingly obvious after the substitutions were made is that some players in this squad are not at the level of league 1. In fact, 1 or 2 were at a standard below my 7yr old when it comes to ball control. Passing was at times poor to abysmal, with the exception of a few players. I did say I'd reserve my judgement on the management untill the end of August, but as has been said previously, I do think the next 2 games this week could spell the end of everyone's patience. I live in hope, but also fear the probable.

Think thee Choo Choo may need a new driver and fireman shortly!!

No doubt about it, Young is not cut out for management at this level. Our failings are glaringly obvious and the same issues from last season are ringing true this season.
We have two games coming up against arguably the best two teams in the division and will be extremely difficult for us to take points.

The board have to act and they have to act NOW if they want us to retain our status in this division as quite simply Young isn’t up to keeping us in this league. Anyone who has EF at heart has to see that Young is only taking us backwards.

Young Must Go.

It’s openly reported by East Fife punters on here that attendances are falling so really the squad you have at the moment is all you can afford, likewise us at the Rovers operating a squad of 16 players which includes  approx 5 players under 20 within that squad it’s not something I agree with but it is what it is as finances dictate. Think your stuck with young for the rest of the season likewise us with Agent Smith