The East Fife Thread

3-1! Wasn’t expecting that! We’ve actually beaten Cowdenbeath for the first time in 300 years.

Well let's hope that record beating form continues for at least four more days!!!

Anyone know if Rory Currie came on for hearts 21's tonight if not will he be able to play in the next round

Whats the betting we Raith or Dunfermline in the next round on thursday
Currie was an unused sub last night

what a relief last night was, coming from a goal down to win 3-1 but most of last night goals via all from corners which still is a worry to us all. Currie not playing for hearts under 21s seems a strange one from hearts if thats part of his loan that he must feature for their development squad but hey ho we looked a much better team in the second half with dunsmore and court replacing mcbride and kane!! result has pretty much redeem DY for saturday going over to Starks park with that morale boasting victory at central park hopefully we pick up league points fingers crossed.

Well, you did warn us. I have never seen a keeper so utterly inept with crosses. Prayers for the continued good health of Dave McGurn start today. In contrast, your keeper was very sound and Watt impressed me but apart from that. I suppose that with so many new signings it will take a bit of time. Oh, and your defending at corners is even worse than ours.

Well, you did warn us. I have never seen a keeper so utterly inept with crosses. Prayers for the continued good health of Dave McGurn start today. In contrast, your keeper was very sound and Watt impressed me but apart from that. I suppose that with so many new signings it will take a bit of time. Oh, and your defending at corners is even worse than ours.

Don't be so hard on Ryan, yes he's vampire like in his allergy to crosses but he is an exceptional shot stopper and I can remember games where he more than saved us with his ability!!!
We had a bit of a mix up in personal and formation last night so it wasn't going to gel instantly but we still got the result which is pleasing!!!
And as for the defending at corners, we Sussed that out a few weeks ago, cheers!!!
What happened to the Cowdengelly that slapped the Rovers about a few weeks ago???

Goodfellow is definitely the worst goalkeeper at this level I’ve seen in a long time. He is mentally soft aswell you’ll be lucky if he recovers from last night.

However.......we’ve managed to score goals and win game becoming a rarity in methil, so I’m absolutely over the moon. Hopefully kick on from here and learn to defend corners, and grab a result on Saturday

52 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

In the last four games, we've conceded 6 goals, 4 of them from corners.

Imagine if we could defend corners... and score against decent teams.

yeah i heard docherty is out until september but i wouldnt have him anywhere near our defence after that peterhead game last season would use him as a defensive centre midfield where he scored most of our goals and penalties from, only one i would like to see is Linton back in at left back if any of Dunlop nor watson got injured and playing chris kane gives me the total fear” but he willdo just a player for the bench in my eyes, though we could do with another CH loanee to improve not losing any set pieces and have a options once injuries get tough going it seems to have lost the ever present of Johnny Page as edge in our own six yard box when defending through the middle!!!. seen yesterday we had no back up keeper listed on the bench either last night if anyone took note though we appear to have three keepers same like last season and another midfield i would add too, hopefully theres budget left or clubs start sending out their kids now most of the colts were put out bar Hamilton, St Mirren and Motherwell colts so who knows who DY sets up on saturday...

As long as he doesn't set up with McBride up front then we have a chance!!!
Reckon Smith will start on Sat or come on later???
DY seems to have it in his head that you can't play two young guys in their own up front without supervision, it's been either Smith and Court/Dowds/Currie or McBride and Court/Dowds/Currie and yet the only time we play Dowds and Court on their own (last night) they both score!!!
Hey at least it's two up front I suppose!!!☹️

9 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

It was Ryan's mistake that let us back into the game. We were awful until then absolutely dross. There was no shape and Meggat at centre half not useful. I'm sorry but McBride is not an answer. I fear for Saturday 

Have to agree. Until the howler by the goalie, I thought you were dreadful. Based on last night alone, you would certainly struggle in league 1.