The East Fife Thread

Similarly we were just pish and didn't deserve to go through. #thebarrysmitheffect

You're right you may have had an excuse!!![emoji23]

Similarly we were just pish and didn't deserve to go through. #thebarrysmitheffect

Unfortunately, fortunately Barry had already resigned. #kevincuthberteffect

But also to be fair, you weren't really crying about being put out either were you???

But also to be fair, you weren't really crying about being put out either were you???
In the spirit of fairness I don't think anyone was really bothered about getting papped out, such was the general disregard this shitshow has been held in. Still doesn't excuse the potential farce that's in the pipeline here.

Our reserves aren’t getting a look in so I’m not sure what they’ve to gain by throwing a rare start.

The players obviously didn't throw it but they are your reserves for a reason!!!
In the spirit of fairness I don't think anyone was really bothered about getting papped out, such was the general disregard this shitshow has been held in. Still doesn't excuse the potential farce that's in the pipeline here.

Very true!!!

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

They can f**k right Off with getting it brought forward as well!!!

We play the other "Top 4" Clubs and what will be a "New Manager Bouncing" Dumbarton over the next 4 weeks, I know which games are more important and it's not this sideshow in Dublin!!!

Think of the expense to the Club, yes I know they get some money from the sponsers, but added expenditure come from the Club!!!

Also if Bohemians are trying to get the tie shifted that would mean midweek, how easy do you think it's going to be for out PT squad to get time off their respective work to fly out to bloody Dublin for a couple of days midweek???

If the tie gets brought forward I think WE would be better forfeiting it, it was fun while it lasted but the competition is now showing how inane and worthless it really is!!!

^^^^^This.

If cuthbert had built the squad I'd lay the blame on his doorstep. He was working with a squad of players who weren't fit enough while he was out of his depth to deal with such a scenario. I'd rather we were out so we can focus on the league but time will tell if super John mcglynn can turn a turd into a diamond this season.

Plus we've already completed this tournament before it was a shambles m9

From my point of view for what it's worth , if they can't play the date move it to new bayview ..only option

on another note how is Meggat getting on ?

He’s been brilliant sure he was in the spfl team of the week 2 weeks in a row recently.

What is all this rubbish about playing understrength teams. So what. It's their choice if they don't have any great desire to progress. There were some of our fans advocating that for us prior to the last game.

on the matter of the next round I would be extremely disappointed if we ere given an ultimatum to bring the game forward. As has been said in previous posts why the f--k should we be put out by other teams being unable to comply with fixtures. Time to make a stand I think.

What a farce. All clubs in the competition would have known the dates at the start of the competition so the fact that the Bohs’ season will have finished and players out of contract by the time this games roll around, well that’s just tough. To potentially move this game to a midweek shouldn’t even be considered. We are a part time club so you can’t expect players to take time off from their work commitments to play this game.

I really hope the club play hard ball and tell Bohs’ and the SPFL to get stuffed. Either play the game on the date or forfeit. Simple really.

on another note how is Meggat getting on ?

SPFL Team Of The WeekIMG_4278.jpg.405821f4ee67d57c75e86391d1462b90.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg.c36f434ef0ae5034b30d0c42236699a8.jpg

Well done Daryll!!!

Well deserved recognition for the guy there, I personally think he has been outstanding since he moved in to the centre of defence, also no coincidence our winning run started around the same time as well!!!

Kaneo should be getting similar plaudits as well imho!!!

Congratulations again to Daryll Meggatt, who is in the SPFL Team of the Week for the second week in a row!!!The praise is all justified!!!

IMG_4307.thumb.jpg.6fda8117072f74e8d20458c523670ecb.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg.94e3dc625e9dabb4f7529e45d2bcdb86.jpg

Has been very good since he's arrived tbh, but it is surely no coincidence that this unbeaten run that we are on started at the same time as him being moved from left back to central defence, he has been absolutely exceptional in that time!!!

Blotted his copybook after Saturday's game though, Apparently QotS reported him to the police for theft!!!

Completely accidentally though, he didn't realise when he left the ground that Stephen Dobbie was still in his back pocket!!!

Eta

Worth saying as well that he has been SO impressive recently he even got a mention in this week's SPFL's Team of the Week and he wasn't even in it!!![emoji23]

And while we're on the subject, we've got another one in this week;

Congratulations this week to Ross Dunlop who is in this week's SPFL Team of the Week!!!

IMG_4394.jpg.e7bde4454129d897a80c1b668374785c.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg.e3885d2f9c587445ff435ea4160fd669.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg.053b853155d5c53978c943a73f601f42.jpg

Another well deserved shout for Ross who has been excellent the last couple of weeks, he's perhaps been fortunate to have only got back in the side due to Kaneo getting injured during the Forfar game, but it's telling the quality that we have in reserve that Dunlop has been given the chance and taken it and now Kaneo,who has been excellent himself recently, is probably now going to have to wait until injury or suspension to someone else allows him the chance to get back in!!!

According to a Bohemians supporter on cup thread his club informed the authorities on their situation and they would work around it! No way will we travel to Dublin midweek with a part time squad so there's only 2 options left, the tie is brought forward and played midweek inbetween a very important schedule for our assault on league one or Bohemians forfeit the tie due to being unable to play on dates that were set many moons ago! Dig the heels in and I fancy Edinburgh City away on the Semis! Make it happen but somehow I think we'll agree to playing at Bayview earlier as there's some cash to be made. Shambles of a tourney imo

I really hope this is the moment that brings this, now, farce of a tournament to a head. 

I fear Neil Cockwomble will attempt to change the date using the excuse of accommodating 'broadcast partners' (Irish TV). 

Time to get this back to what it was originally intended - a cup for lower league clubs, or bin it altogether. This farce of letting colt and non Scottish teams into it was a failed attempt to get Rangers and Celtic colts games sold to TV companies, and if they could get them playing Irish opposition then so much the better. 

I'm sure I heard on Radio Scotland that Dunfermline were projecting an 8 to 10 grand loss on their trip to Borehamwood last month. I can't imagine East Fife coming out of this any better.