The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

Yiv got a cracker there, please don’t abuse him…..

Certainly won't be abused by the fans, once he pulls on the Black & Gold he's our guy. Apologies if you didn't mean that in the first place.

Wether he will be played out of position, well that's entirely different !

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Is he better than Pat Clarke and John Martin? If he gets us up the league I’ll call him a cracker at the moment just a young player that’s at his level.

That’s the question. What do you have at forward/winger already, how likely is he to play a decent amount? 

Play to his strengths which are his speed and movement and he'll be a huge asset for you guys.  Needs a loan to get some real experience but he looked more than ready to be used as a regular sub for us so should hopefully play decent minutes for you guys.

16 hours ago, Rover1990 said:

Play to his strengths which are his speed and movement and he'll be a huge asset for you guys.  Needs a loan to get some real experience but he looked more than ready to be used as a regular sub for us so should hopefully play decent minutes for you guys.

Its difficult because we've got Shepherd who's a workhorse. We've also got Nathan Austin but has disappointed so far. We've got Healy and Nicol for wide men so it will be interested to see where he plays. 

Greig McDonald was a top player for East Fife but as manager this is simply not working out. One goal from open play in 450 minutes of football is just about impossible but he’s managed it. Board have to act soon because if they are watching that utter rubbish every week then there is only one conclusion.  Take my hat off to fans travelling the length of the country to watch his negative tactics. I don’t hold out much hope of the board acting any time soon but Bayview will be empty as no person in their right mind would part with £ 18 to watch what McDonald is serving up. We have no creativity at all and he signs a boy with lighting pace and sticks him on the bench when we need a goal threat. What was the point signing the boy. Nathan Austin looks miles off what’s needed yet he got a start today in front of the lad. 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Austin looking like he canny be ersed still ?? 

It’s a shame because he clearly has/had a great deal of talent.  From a Sons perspective today, I was glad he was so ineffective.  But I’d have to say I don’t think it’s because he wasn’t interested, he just looked physically done,  the injuries have maybe caught up with him and he just didn’t today, look like he had the legs in him anymore.

10 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

It’s a shame because he clearly has/had a great deal of talent.  From a Sons perspective today, I was glad he was so ineffective.  But I’d have to say I don’t think it’s because he wasn’t interested, he just looked physically done,  the injuries have maybe caught up with him and he just didn’t today, look like he had the legs in him anymore.

Aye to be fair has been injury prone last few seasons brilliant player for us and perhaps a bit harsh on him 

11 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Aye to be fair has been injury prone last few seasons brilliant player for us and perhaps a bit harsh on him 

He was still deadly in our L2 season after tearing up the Lowland league for two years. Got a bad one early last season and was out for months. After that never quite seemed the same. 

13 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

This is a fair and accurate assessment.

I only hope for my teams sake he manages to find some form.

Probably a deserved win in the end but that first half goal threat was woefully lacking.  We were certainly the better team in the second half and could have had at least 1 more with more composure but was this due to Rovers looking knackered or our good play is debatable.