The East Fife Thread

7 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Could this  be the Ferguson replacement  we have  been  missing since  last season ? will   be  interesting what the Arbroath boys  tell us.

I hope so but I’ve got a feeling that he’s also a replacement for Walls!!!

Adams is an absolute crackpot but from what we seen of him, he’s a very capable goalkeeper and Norey is an excellent signing for league 2, was signed as a centre mid but played a bit right back also. Did suffer from a few injuries I think 

Norey played at full back and also sitting midfield for us.  He was primarily used as a utility player rather than a first team pick, and while I can't recall him doing anything spectacular, he didn't put a foot wrong for us, especially when he was thrown in as an emergency defender.  A solid player, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on as a first team pick. I would have been happy to see him kept on, but primarily as a backup.

Norey is a decent player when he played but nothing spectacular. A couple of injuries during the season limited his playing time.

Dropping down two levels should see him develop more.

Adams may have looked ok in his limited outings (outstanding as a makeshift striker) but the off field issues are of concern. Explains the numerous clubs he has had over his career. Was clearly signed by Dick as a cheap back up option for us (signed from Tier 6 EoS Musselburgh) as the previous 2 seasons we had signed Antell (from Tier 4 L2 Edin City) and Gill (From Tier 4 L2 Cowdenbeath) to be backup to Gaston and not expected to challenge for the No.1 spot.

I think Adams was signed for us for the vibes, as someone who can be a backup keeper and provide a bit of spirit. He did that for us, although some of our fans have seemingly decided he's the antichrist based on no evidence at all.  Whenever he played though, he never let us down.  He didn't get a fair chance for us.

He seems like a good fit for Dick Campbell's style, and is clearly a very capable keeper.  I'm pleased to see him get a new club.

1 minute ago, Glasgow Fifer said:

For those of us out of the loop what exactly are Adam’s off the field antics? 

Be ready for lots of unsubstantiated nonsense, and heavy use of the word "allegedly".

33 minutes ago, Glasgow Fifer said:

For those of us out of the loop what exactly are Adam’s off the field antics? 

I’ve no idea the full story but I noticed on Twitter that he appeared to be publicly slagging the club and the current manager. As a neutral I thought he came across as sounding quite bitter and not hugely intelligent.

12 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Seriously who cares? 

Thats what we all said this time last year - guys a fucking arsehole

Norey is a tidy midfielder - just a solid enough looking player if very unspectacular and should do well 

And don’t forget about his goal against the Rovers!!!

He’s nearly at cult status at the Nou Bayview already!!!

Then when he is playing in goals he will let one slip through his hands,  or under his belly, get dropped next game , throws dummy out the pram never to be seen again. Addressed himself as the No1 Goalie a few years back!!!!!

Afternoon!

Hoping to go to the East Fife - Brechin game in the League Cup on the Tuesday night: my first ever visit.

Where's the best bet(s) for a half decent pint before the game? Anywhere near the ground at all?

Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Afternoon!

Hoping to go to the East Fife - Brechin game in the League Cup on the Tuesday night: my first ever visit.

Where's the best bet(s) for a half decent pint before the game? Anywhere near the ground at all?

Thanks in advance!

Bar at the ground. Upstairs, away fans welcome, plenty of space & excellent view of the pitch whilst players are warming up. Maybe see you there. 

Enjoy your evening. 

4 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Bar at the ground. Upstairs, away fans welcome, plenty of space & excellent view of the pitch whilst players are warming up. Maybe see you there. 

Enjoy your evening. 

Sounds good to me. Staying a week or so in Falkland, so hoping to do at least 3 games as well as touring the KoF with my youngest, who is 13.

See Jacob blaney has signed a pre contract with Irish mob crusaders FC was onloan with us until end of the season there.

Still think we need a centre back, midfield and striker or two.

Screenshot_20240603-190810.png