The East Fife Thread

Liked the look of some of the East Fife players on Saturday, well up for the game. Was the team on Saturday the same as the team that beat Dunfermline? Also, what was the attendance I thought it was a good turnout considering it's the holiday season. I think the Fife will do well this season and at least a playoff place going up the way.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The wording of that Tweet doesn't reflect overly well on Ali Adams, it must be said.

Potentially the first time I've ever seen a club complain that some reneging has taken place. Stupendous stuff.

The guy retweeted a Reform Party/Farage thing seconds before retweeting confirmation he'd signed for East Fife. He seems extremely unconcerned about optics.

If Walls is away and Adams is released that means we have potentially two contracts up for grabs I’d be ok giving them to Adam Lareef and Damal??(think that’s his name) they impressed me the most over the two games at the weekend!!!

10 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

If Walls is away and Adams is released that means we have potentially two contracts up for grabs I’d be ok giving them to Adam Lareef and Damal??(think that’s his name) they impressed me the most over the two games at the weekend!!!

We will be contributing to McFarlane's wages in some way, it's not a free player.

12 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

We will be contributing to McFarlane's wages in some way, it's not a free player.

In the same way that other Clubs will be contributing to the likes of Rollo, Hambrook, Murray, Ramsay and Nicol when they’re sent out on loan as the Campbell’s have said they will be doing, so all the loan moves currently in place and in the future will all balance themselves out, but we DO meantime, still have two (potentialy) contracts up for grabs!!!

Edited by King Kebab

East Fife Squad - Season 2024-25

Goalkeepers

Allan Fleming
Liam McFarlane (on loan from Hearts)
Matty Rollo

Defenders

Pat Slattery
Stewart Murdoch
Brian Easton
Sean Docherty 
Charlie Murray
Liam Newton
Reis Peggie
Andy Munro

Midfielders

Kieran Millar
Jack Healy
Connor McManus
Brogan Walls - UNCONFIRMED
Gregor Nicol 
Brendan Ramsay
Jess Norey

Forwards

Nathan Austin
Scott Shepherd
Alan Trouten

Edited by King Kebab

Liam McFarlane should be an asset to you. He has all the physical attributes you would want in a modern keeper.

However, be aware that he doesn't always use those attributes to best effect. Despite his size, he's a bit timid and tends to shy away from physical contact, so avoids coming out to take cross balls. Another observation is that he also has a tendency to favour diving to his left when facing penalties. 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Liam McFarlane should be an asset to you. He has all the physical attributes you would want in a modern keeper.

However, be aware that he doesn't always use those attributes to best effect. Despite his size, he's a bit timid and tends to shy away from physical contact, so avoids coming out to take cross balls. Another observation is that he also has a tendency to favour diving to his left when facing penalties. 

Very candid

Now the goalie positions are decent now like to see us add a centre back for back up to Munro and Easton!! And 1/2 strikers as we can't go another season lying on fash and Shepherd again.

But wouldn't mind seeing the trialists get another shot today as they all work extremely well at the weekend back to back games particularly trialist no.16 that everyones raving about now hambrook away there's definitely scoop for a contract in Midfield possibly?