The East Fife Thread

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

What's the stream quality like folks, worth a tenner? Assuming it's a Pixellot effort?

Nah pretty sure EF is very good and also has commentary etc but could be wrong: similar to what ours is I think.

Quick note re Ali Adams - you’re well rid and I’m absolutely shocked Dick thought it was a good idea to sign him again

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Quick note re Ali Adams - you’re well rid and I’m absolutely shocked Dick thought it was a good idea to sign him again

I'm glad he's away and we found someone that can challenge Fleming for the number 1 spot given Fleming age and experience.

Definitely he tried to sign him again was a mystery and you guys warned us about Adams joining I'm glad he's away.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Personally speaking,I found him to be the best of a bad bunch of trialists.

Yes he has potential but then again so does Brendan Ramsay,Gregor Nicoll,and Sean Docherty who could all play on the right side of midfield.

Ultimately up.to to the Management Team to make the call.As he appears to be a Londoner he would need to get both a job and accommodation as he could not survive on EF wages alone

To me there is a far greater need for a central forward.

On 01/07/2024 at 15:45, Fifer4Life said:

Well is anybody surprised at this 

I've just had this pop up.on my FB and club getting stick for tone of it.

Can someone give me the back story? Toys out pram.by player?

11 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Personally speaking,I found him to be the best of a bad bunch of trialists.

Yes he has potential but then again so does Brendan Ramsay,Gregor Nicoll,and Sean Docherty who could all play on the right side of midfield.

Ultimately up.to to the Management Team to make the call.As he appears to be a Londoner he would need to get both a job and accommodation as he could not survive on EF wages alone

To me there is a far greater need for a central forward.

Can't say i was overly impressed by the other 2 trialists last night. Could be that we are looking to loan a CF.

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I've just had this pop up.on my FB and club getting stick for tone of it.

Can someone give me the back story? Toys out pram.by player?

I have zero inside knowledge, apparently he signed a contract but then it seems something made him change his mind 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, crawfordsbarmyarmy said:

Am I the only one who thinks when trialists get a contract they end up not be having as good as they were? 

can’t remember a good player we signed from being trialist 

Anton Dowds maybe the last decent one

I get we are badly need of a striker or two at the club weather signed or onloan but also a centre back for cover for Munro and Easton aswell. With hambrook released maybe scoop for the trialist everyone raving about and I'm sure the likes of Nicol and Ramsay need loaned out hence they aren't going be regulars in starting line up so signing a right winger wouldn't be that bad but as sammytroot said he will need find work and accomodation in Scotland to play for us that maybe a stumbling block.

3 hours ago, crawfordsbarmyarmy said:

Am I the only one who thinks when trialists get a contract they end up not be having as good as they were? 

can’t remember a good player we signed from being trialist 

George Dewar?

Steve Kirk?

Jim McLaren?

Arnold Dwarika?

Nathan Austin?

Anton Dowds?

Edited by Cosmic Joe

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I get we are badly need of a striker or two at the club weather signed or onloan but also a centre back for cover for Munro and Easton aswell. With hambrook released maybe scoop for the trialist everyone raving about and I'm sure the likes of Nicol and Ramsay need loaned out hence they aren't going be regulars in starting line up so signing a right winger wouldn't be that bad but as sammytroot said he will need find work and accomodation in Scotland to play for us that maybe a stumbling block.

I mean Jess Norey must have a spare room - Dick got Arbroath to get accommodation in the town for all of our hybrid FT players who come up from England. After Nouble DC has been obsessed with trying to find players and his own gem from the London area 

1 hour ago, sneed hearn said:

In my opinion Charlie Murray has done enough in the preseason games to be the cover for Easton and Munro.

Just did the basics very well.

Not to mention Murdoch,McManus,and Slattery who could cover in emergencies.

I think that Murray has come on leaps and bounds and could have an outstanding career in football if that is the career choice he makes post Uni.