The East Fife Thread

The board surely need to put their hand in those deep pockets and get us a striker and a right back. 

Fash is a myth. He’s nothing compared to the player he was first time round. Think we’ve signed his twin brother Gash! Done nothing today until we went 3-0 down and he knows he’s not going to be taken off and play every week. 

Murdo makes a mistake like that every game and was rightly hooked when he was. The only positive about him is he always wants the ball whilst docherty looks scared to be on it. 

14 minutes ago, Waddz89 said:

The board surely need to put their hand in those deep pockets and get us a striker and a right back. 

Fash is a myth. He’s nothing compared to the player he was first time round. Think we’ve signed his twin brother Gash! Done nothing today until we went 3-0 down and he knows he’s not going to be taken off and play every week. 

Murdo makes a mistake like that every game and was rightly hooked when he was. The only positive about him is he always wants the ball whilst docherty looks scared to be on it. 

Nathan Austin who was possibly going to be League 2 top scorer until he was injured by a couple of Balmoor thugs ? That Nathan Austin ? 

Get a grip.. Fash is a penalty box goal scorer who needs wingers to make chances for him. If we are not doing that of course he is going to be ineffective.

Penalty box goal scorer? He had one header today and an off target free kick.
 The old fash was about taking players on and using his pace to get behind the defence. Now that’s gone he hovers around edge of the 18 yard box for a hopeless diagonal that he never wins. His movement is non-existent, his pressing is laboured and unless we get another striker to put pressure on him we aren’t going to do anything this season. 
Would rather have a striker like Elgin number 9 today who looked hungry and wanted to do something than someone strolling games because he done well in the past. Bring back the doctor! 

20 minutes ago, Waddz89 said:

Penalty box goal scorer? He had one header today and an off target free kick.
 The old fash was about taking players on and using his pace to get behind the defence. Now that’s gone he hovers around edge of the 18 yard box for a hopeless diagonal that he never wins. His movement is non-existent, his pressing is laboured and unless we get another striker to put pressure on him we aren’t going to do anything this season. 
Would rather have a striker like Elgin number 9 today who looked hungry and wanted to do something than someone strolling games because he done well in the past. Bring back the doctor! 

Fash plays as instructed by managers system. The work he actually puts in is appreciated by his team mates   

I'm glad someone else is seeing the same as me regarding Nathan Austin. Injuries and age mean he's lost his pace, so he was never going to be the same player as in hid younger days.

Nowadays though he half heartedly makes it look like he's trying to win every header and doesn't appear to be interested in making himself available for the ball. Contrast with Elgin's number 9 today, who maybe isn't the greatest player but always made himself available for a pass and still pressed in injury time when they were 2 goals up. 

I agree we won't be promoted with only Austin & Shepherd up front. 

Striker needed now!

Morning all,

happy to report the Dick Campbell interview is out and ready to listen to. Easily the least questions I’ve ever asked in an interview, you know what he’s like when it comes to talking! The questions I did ask though will be ones you’ll want the answers to. When he got talking about East Fife, it was as passionate and hungry as you’d want your manager. As we know he’s a straight talker too, he certainly uncovered a few interesting aspects.

we discussed Fife a wee bit at the start, and definitely more towards the end. Hopefully there’s some value in there for you all! This link below will give you your listening options, see you all soon at Bayview 🙌🏻

https://linktr.ee/Todaywheelenterivew

Don’t think you can judge Fash on that role he was asked to play on Saturday. Lone striker against 3 centre backs getting balls humped up to him 20 feet in the air. Personally I think first half the management got the tactics totally wrong. Midfield never touched the ball , it just got battered back to front. Ok you can’t blame management for individual errors but we never even tried to get the ball down and play football in that first half. It’s only one game but with defending like that you won’t put yourself in a position to win many football games.

Having watched the StJohnstone game and the Elgin game.Its clearly the defence that needs to improve.The most experienced players making mistakes.We are not going to win games if they keep playing like that.I would like to see McManus and Norey start from the beginning and have more than one up front.I would agree we need another striker who can score goals.

1 hour ago, troy said:

Having watched the StJohnstone game and the Elgin game.Its clearly the defence that needs to improve.The most experienced players making mistakes.We are not going to win games if they keep playing like that.I would like to see McManus and Norey start from the beginning and have more than one up front.I would agree we need another striker who can score goals.

Agree, to many goals being conceded  from  crosses especially from  our right maybe time  for Docherty to get a chance at  right back.

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Agree, to many goals being conceded  from  crosses especially from  our right maybe time  for Docherty to get a chance at  right back.

Time to get Fleming back in goals too. 

On 03/08/2024 at 22:38, sammytroot said:

Fash is coming back from a bout of COVID.

He should be judged when he is fully fit.

Unfortunately you'll probably never  see a fully fit Fash , always something cropping up , great player for us in LL few years ago but injuries took there toll then and probably worse now, shame 

On 08/08/2024 at 21:39, Fifer4Life said:

Surprised we haven't seen any new faces after the loan moves out last week

Squad is far to weak and a couple of injuries away from struggling to field a team

And you are unlikely to see anyone coming in. Rumour has it Stevenson refused manager the saved money. 

59 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

And you are unlikely to see anyone coming in. Rumour has it Stevenson refused manager the saved money. 

Should you not speculate to  accumulate.Get better players in and you get better performances .Which leads to better crowds and better revenue.

Perhaps Dick shouldn’t have said that he’s looking to buy the Club???