Worst Ever Sitcom

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When The Whistle Blows is a brilliant lampooning of shit like Mrs Brown's Boys.

I watched 5 minutes of Badults last night. Literally within 2 seconds of the opening credits I knew it was going to be insultingly dreadful. It was so bad that I genuinely considered suicide. Just for a nanosecond mind, and I instantly dismissed it as ludicrous, but Badults is shockingly awful. The laughter track alone must have taken up 97% of the budget. They would have been as well just playing the laughter track on repeat throughout the entire thing. It would be exceptionally irritating, but it might eventually make you lose your sanity and find it amusing. Not Badults, but the laughter track. Because no mental state known to man, or even the animal kingdom, can account for Badults being so shite. I'm pretty sure even plant life finds it offensive in how soul crushingly shit it is. I swear I saw a tree outside slowly move further and further away from my window when Badults was on.

Badults makes me yearn for actual armageddon. I'm going to be out in the garden every night it's on with 15 vacuums turned towards to the sky in the vain hope of somehow sucking down a massive asteroid to smash into the planet and kill everything on it, just so we don't have to suffer the visual and aural atrocity of Badults. I think I'm genuinely being swayed towards murder, or at least some kind of truly despicable crime. I can rest easy knowing that no crime I ever perpetrate will be as bad as Badults.

Your day job must be a TV critic.

Please tell me it is.

Perhaps I've been a bit hasty in nominating Game On. I don't remember there being more than one series and only remember the series with the reclusive guy in it. The humour did seem to revolve around one of the guys being ginger and overuse of the words 'shag' and 'wanker'.

As is rightly pointed out, Samantha Janus gave it something of a redeeming feature and probably why I watched any of it in the first place.

Samantha Janus had done a worse sitcom (with Denise Van Outen) - Babes on the Wood - utter garbage.

Sent from my KIS using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Frasier should be nowhere near this list.

Absolutely spot on, Frasier wouldn't be far off the top of a list of best sitcoms.

Precisely this. Frasier had the odds against it from the start due to it being a spinoff of one of the best series ever, Cheers, and the fact that when its viewers were polled to see who they wanted a new sitcom to be written about, they either wanted one about Norm the barfly or no sitcom at all.

They got Frasier, and if it was anything other than brilliant it wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as it did. I love it, the chemistry between the characters is perfect. Yeah, they maybe should've ended the show a wee bit earlier than it actually did, but it still got the ending it deserved. And for Kelsey Grammer to be playing the role of Dr. Frasier Crane continuously for so many years is no mean feat in itself.

EDIT: spelling.

Yup, anyone saying Frasier is an idiot. Personally didn't think Seinfeld was as good but to mention it is also stupidity.

These days seems to be an increasing number of folk saying Friends was pish - no doubt folk that loved it when it was on. The endless re-runs have no doubt made it a bit annoying but I still think it's great.

I can't stand Friends personally, never found it remotely funny, but would never consider adding it to a list like this. Its immense popularity and longevity proves I'm in the minority there. Same with 'Only Fools and Horses', another sitcom I don't like.

so many I've tried to get , but like the fawning to the newest parasite , I can't get it.

1. Friends, fucking miles ahead. Defended by the type who supports a big team without any reason and solely for the imagined reflected glory of ''I love them too''

2. Seinfeld and Frasier, see above with an ''does this make me smart, it does , no?''

3. Inbetweeners, oh do f**k off you specky c**t.

4. Outnumbered and My Family, out of the same conservative shite as the above mentioned.

5. Miranda. just cos she went to Oxbridge and gurns is wearing thin wi these footlights and fringers. When she was in that sci-fi sit-com I didn't find her so bad.

ps. i'll give the pints of lager one a bit of slack, not only does it seem like summat written by a teenager with a teenagers experience of life and outlook , I believe it was . Unlike the pretentious team-work writing for most others by groups of ,um, literal polluters.

my favourite line out of outnumbered was from the little girl to mummy

'' are all muslims terrorist mummy''

''no sweety, just most terrorists are '' shalom!

2 Pints Of Lager And A Bag Of Shit was fucking terrible. And they weren't teenagers in it. And if a teenager did write that, then they didn't do nearly enough wanking. And how is 'team-work' writing pretentious? Are you really saying that writing individually is fine, but as soon as you write in a team it's pretentious?

And literal polluters? After production meetings were they going a big jolly to fly tip old tumble dryers and to stick radioactive waste under playgrounds?

Friends was good, over played but good, went downhill after chandler and Monica got married and moved in.

Frasier was great, witty, sharp went downhill after niles got daphne

Two and a half men dropped when Charlie left

How I met your mother died when barney went for robin

There's some new thing that started on bbc3 the other night. Badults. Possibly the worst thing I have ever seen. Comedy delivery was atrocious!

Check out the previous page for a fantastic review from DA Baracus.

Archived