Reasons to be Cheerful

Should it not be the neighbours or their insurance that pays?

My insurance will presumably claim the costs from theirs. Last time they flooded me it was the bathroom they demolished and at that point we were both part of the same block policy, but they have since left that policy, though I'm still with it.

My insurance will presumably claim the costs from theirs. Last time they flooded me it was the bathroom they demolished and at that point we were both part of the same block policy, but they have since left that policy, though I'm still with it.

They will only be able to claim back from your neighbour if they can prove they are negligent. They will only be able to prove that if the neighbour knew there was a problem and did nothing about it, and it can be proven they knew. It's unlikely they will get a recovery

Eta: missed the tap being left on bit. That probably means they'll get the recovery easily.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

They will only be able to claim back from your neighbour if they can prove they are negligent. They will only be able to prove that if the neighbour knew there was a problem and did nothing about it, and it can be proven they knew. It's unlikely they will get a recovery

Looks to me like they are repeat offenders.

Disagree. I'd be livid as a broker if an insurer said they weren't attempting recovery in this case. Unless there's a fault with the tap then aye she was negligent.

Disagree. I'd be livid as a broker if an insurer said they weren't attempting recovery in this case. Unless there's a fault with the tap then aye she was negligent.

They left the tap on for hours and went out, I eventually managed to get hold of them to gain access and turn the tap off. They admitted full liability. I have no excess to pay in this case. They have flooded us more than once before.

They left the tap on for hours and went out, I eventually managed to get hold of them to gain access and turn the tap off. They admitted full liability. I have no excess to pay in this case. They have flooded us more than once before.

post-12169-14274947426726_thumb.jpg

It's very rare I have the house to myself. My folks are up in Oban until Tuesday, so I've just had a shower accompanied with a beer and I didn't close the door. Had my laptop in there too blasting the tunes. It's the simple things. Unfortunately I'm working tonight so I can't fully utilise the freedom, but I have some mates over for the game tomorrow and absolutely nothing to do on Monday. I can't wait to move out.

My reason to be cheerful is that the biggest team in Scotland lost today to little practically-amateur, no better than a pub team, dumbarton.

I was very happy with that result as well, as were many other raith fans i would imagine.

I cheerful this evening because I genuinely have no non-work problems.

That means until Monday morning I have absolutely no fucking problems.

This means I am going to drink alcohol and listen music until I pass out.

I am quite certain life is awful though. Except mine, it's fucking great! 8)