Reasons to be Cheerful

Cannot best sitting in the pub in the winter with a pint of heavy.

Mind you, come June I'm a raging Thatchers Katy Cider alky until the about the end of August.

My Cider drinking days ended many moons ago. Decided to get hammered on Merrydown before heading off to a live (punk) band/disco gig.. My mate and I seem to differ on the exact details of this amazing spectacle but we do agree that the recovery (even with youth on our side back then) was horrific...

Ah, the joy of youth......?

Been complimented for being a sensitive individual today - tis was genuinely one of the best moments of my life.

<< Sensitive soul.

Isn't that up there with "Aww Donnie, you're very sweet but I'm not looking for a relationship right now. Ooh, look at that hunk of man-flesh over there. See you later Donnie."

Isn't that up there with "Aww Donnie, you're very sweet but I'm not looking for a relationship right now. Ooh, look at that hunk of man-flesh over there. See you later Donnie."

:lol: Good one.

Nah, I was helping a friend get through some issues and he came out with that; he's not one for opening up so it was quite a surprise. Makes life all that much more pleasant in my opinion if you can help someone like that.

Good stuff. What changes have you found that help you the most?

Not eating shite :P

Cutting out bread has been a big help. I've started alternating between weetabix and fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. Lunch I've been eating ryvitas and houmous and then making sure dinner is something healthy. I've turned into one of these twats that checks the amount of calories in everything on my My Fitness Pal app.

That app is good too as you know roughly what you've eaten calorie wise and how many you have left for the day.

Been trying to exercise too.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Not eating shite :P

Cutting out bread has been a big help. I've started alternating between weetabix and fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. Lunch I've been eating ryvitas and houmous and then making sure dinner is something healthy. I've turned into one of these twats that checks the amount of calories in everything on my My Fitness Pal app.

That app is good too as you know roughly what you've eaten calorie wise and how many you have left for the day.

Been trying to exercise too.

Aye; mind and not do yourself out of wee treats now and then.

White bread is the devils work, I'll probably never eat it again; however if you get yourself good quality wholegrain bread then it's not too bad to have once in a while.

I tend to stick to a good diet throughout the week and just slack off at weekends. The MyFitnessPal app is good, however eventually you begin to develop the ability/habit to just kinda guess how many calories are in certain food based on your experience of scanning food into the app; make sure you stick to using the app religiously to stop yourself from getting lazy.

I'm off tomorrow, I have a few beers in the fridge, and I get my new car tomorrow morning.

Remember they raised the drink driving limit last year so you should be able to have a few more drinks than normal.