Reasons to be Cheerful

On 23/10/2019 at 10:54, hearthammer said:

Have recently been looking for a new full-time or part-time job since taking early retirement last year.  Have applied for a few and was invited for a "group meeting" with a company last Friday.  Was called immediately after the meeting inviting me for a one-to-one with the MD this morning.  Went to Edinburgh and came away with the offer of the specific job i'd wanted.  Full induction starts this Friday.  Happy days.

Had my induction today and start full-time Monday.  Will see how things go  👍

On 22/10/2019 at 08:51, SlipperyP said:

Just had a beer with my old boss, who retired 2 years ago. Which within the following year I was made redundant from my duties, as the new management knew better and were heading in a "new direction"...that new direction has been discussed today with great hilarity. The new management thought their new technology and understanding of people through social media , has plummeted that company, to the same level as 2010, on their knees, before I took over.   The staff are leaving like rats on a sinking ship! The customers are not even asking.

What even topped that, I now have free shares in his new business. Only have to turn up at a few meetings every 3 months, as a consultant. No hands on.

I ran this mans business for 10 years making him millions.....

Happy times. 

I'll give it 3 months before either you or him are found face down in the river. 

Car insurance up for renewal, jumped online to see if I could get it cheaper and I was quoted 200 cheaper. Phone my insurance company tell them this and I get my policy for £250 cheaper and don't have to bother my arse changing company, result!

On 23/10/2019 at 12:35, LondonHMFC said:

Finishing up work in a few hours. Go home and have a few hours kip. Early start tomorrow and up to Glasgow. Numerous pints of T, watch Celtic V Lazio, more pints. Then drive home on Friday, after picking up the essentials which will see me through the next few weeks. 

The best bit of that is presumably heading back south on Friday, thus avoiding watching Levein's Hertz...

On 25/10/2019 at 17:13, MixuFixit said:

That's a good point, I wonder how they've got rid of those expansion joints on the new one.

The more important question is "why". Clearly an attempt by the spooks to stop kidnapped dissidents from recognising the route they were transported across. Saw a documentary about it years ago.

Spoiler

Was in a takeaway pizza place earlier. Just placed my order and paid when this guy walked in explained he was from the flat above the pizza place and needed advice. He explained that his flat was on fire and asked what he should do. I saw the pizza money going down the drain and was mentally preparing to head off to get pizza elsewhere. However, one brave chef stayed behind with me and as the firemen turned up and started piling into the tenements with their helmets on and hoses at the ready my brave chef finished my order.

He may well now be under the ceiling of the flat above as the deluge of water from the fire hoses pours in or the flames engulf him but if so he died a hero’s death. 

Was in a takeaway pizza place earlier. Just placed my order and paid when this guy walked in explained he was from the flat above the pizza place and needed advice. He explained that his flat was on fire and asked what he should do. I saw the pizza money going down the drain and was mentally preparing to head off to get pizza elsewhere. However, one brave chef stayed behind with me and as the firemen turned up and started piling into the tenements with their helmets on and hoses at the ready my brave chef finished my order.
He may well now be under the ceiling of the flat above as the deluge of water from the fire hoses pours in or the flames engulf him but if so he died a hero’s death. 

Grimbo causing more havoc, what’s he like eh?!

Guest Moomintroll

Wait, this clowns reaction to his house being on fire is to casually stroll downstairs and ask for advice?!? Torn between using the Moss GIF or the It's fine comic.

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Image result for kenneth williams

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Wait, this clowns reaction to his house being on fire is to casually stroll downstairs and ask for advice?!? Torn between using the Moss GIF or the It's fine comic.

Yes. He had thought of calling the fire brigade but didn’t know the number.

59 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

He should've posted his request for advice on Facebook like everyone else.