Reasons to be Cheerful

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Yes. He had thought of calling the fire brigade but didn’t know the number.

The wife genuinely came out with this once when I needed an ambulance. She was only here on holiday and didn't know what number to call, so she had to go out and ask some random strangers.

Apparently dialling 911 works here too, so she obviously didn't even try. She's like the worst Columbo villain ever.

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

He should've posted his request for advice on Facebook like everyone else.

I think I posted a screenshot on the Facebook thread a couple of months ago a post of a woman asking what to do if her daughter is having breathing difficulties. Incredible. 

I think I posted a screenshot on the Facebook thread a couple of months ago a post of a woman asking what to do if her daughter is having breathing difficulties. Incredible. 
Ok my god is she ok hon? Thoughts and prayers, be a wear. xoxoxoxoxo

On 28/10/2019 at 02:42, Dee Man said:

In her defence, searching for any of the emergency services on Messenger seems to be a fruitless task.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Last seen by those who witnessed the Jacobite rebellion.

In 12 years time I can say that the time difference between today and the date of birth of somebody I have previously met in person is the same as the time interval that separates that same DoB and the Battle of Culloden.

Can't wait...

Eta: Using the interval that already exists, we have the 7 years war between Britain & France, the reign of George II,  slave rebellions in Jamaica, Captain Cook's first expedition to the Pacific and the start of the American War of Independence.

#coolstorybro

Edited by Hedgecutter

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

In 12 years time I can say that the time difference between today and the date of birth of somebody I have previously met in person is the same as the time interval that separates that DoB and the Battle of Culloden.

Can't wait...

Eta: Using the interval that already exists, we have the 7 years war between Britain & France, the reign of George II,  slave rebellions in Jamaica, Captain Cook's first expedition to the Pacific and the start of the American War of Independence .

I'm not sure his joke was intended to be taken literally tbh....

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

England didn't win the rugby.

I knew this to be the case without even looking for the result due to the complete absence of rugby related posts on my Facebook page. I suppose all the England "fans" are back in their box until the next time they do well at something.

After a winter storm in the middle of the week, it’s a beautiful sunny day here and I’m currently sitting in the park with my book.

There’s a young Mum and Dad teaching their kid how to ride an obviously brand new from the shop bike. It’s taken her a few attempts but she’s got it now and the look on the wee lass’s face has melted even the heart of a cynical auld git like me.

It’s not such a bad old world, this one.