Reasons to be Cheerful

This is just my tuppence worth and not meant to offend.

I've always had a very clear idea of how I want my life to turn out. The plan has always been as follows.....

Leave uni with decent degree aged 21 -----> get reasonably well paying job by mid 20's -----> (get long term girlfriend at some point) -----> buy house with girlfriend in mid to late 20's ------> get married in early 30's -----> have children by mid 30's

I am quite narrow minded and often feel people who don't follow a similar path are '^^^^ doing it wrong'. I'll never have as much disposable income (until I'm retired) as I will in my mid 20's and want to enjoy that time with relatively few financial commitments. When I hear about people my age or younger than me having kids I can't help but feel they are throwing these golden years away. Any time I'm planning some sort of trip abroad and go to pick up the phone to rope in like minded loons, there are some people who I can automotically dicount because they now have other financial priorities.

As I said, I don't mean to offend anyone who did marry/have kids reasonably early but can't help but think my 'model' is ideal (for someone who want to get married/have kids at some stage)

I like planning things as well, but we had an excellent opportunity to buy a house (no deposit needed) so there was no way I was passing that up.

Spent the past 7 months arguing with citb for my certificate to show I was time served after my redundancy.

Finally got it today. So now I'm a qualified joiner. And I'm working in insurance now whilst doing a night course.

Load of my back now.

No quite.

Seeing as you're in the office aw day and at a course at night, we're aw away to tan yer shiney unused joinery tools and anything else gid we find in yer hoose.

I'm sure you're insurance chums will help you afterwards though! :P

I'm more worried that you may throw shit at my wall. Not sure I could claim on that.