Shite Local Festivals

Gaz

The hipster quotient was very high. Me and the missus spent most of the time trying not to laugh at the black-watch-tartan-blazer-skin-tight-knee-length-denim-short-brown-ankle-boot brigade.

Big Gus was right you know.

It's all this city of culture stuff, they have become emboldened. I'd like to see a few more hidings dished out to get the west end back to our bucket hat, adidas original trackie top, stone roses blasting out the motor best.

The hipster thing is a strange one I think even a few Goths, punks and metalheads took a kicking or two for reasons of 'being different' back in my day. Saying that a hiding for the wrong postcode area wasn't unusual in the late 80s.

A big beard, a strange animal on a bit of rope (similar to a ferret) and a sailors outfit was the best recent effort I've seen.

Marymass sucks, although it does give everyone an excuse to get drunk out their face while horses s**t around your feet and little kids scream their faces out when at the shows, which seem to be heard the other side of town. The fact they keep the music from the shows on till late in the night and have the music so loud, that my house seems to experience an almost earthquake of music. The rubbish left on the moor, seems to be left for weeks before being tided up and the greazy pole is kept up for weeks and then the council wonder why neds cut it down and try to set it a light.

I know a lot of people like it, but the Glasgow West End Festival ended up being a royal pain in the arse for a few years back there before they scaled it down and moved it to Kelvingrove - if you actually lived there.

It started off fine, just a few small scale events, the boozers open late and the parade, but over the years it grew arms and legs until it seemed the organisers thought they owned the entire district and it was almost like a virtual lockdown.

I remember going out for the paper the morning of the parade one year only to have some wee comestain in high-vis trying to tell me I couldn't go back up my own street. Forget even getting out of the area for the day, as the minute you drove off some tourist looking for rock star parking would be hovering to take your parking space. It didn't even do much for the local economy apart from the boozers either - a lot of shops didn't bother opening as any extra they made would be offset by the amount of neds shoplifting.

Watched a bit of the parade yesterday; a strange collection of bods taking part. However, some girls dressed up as Brazilians with one of them wearing almost nothing and quite possibly the best-looking chick that I've ever seen "live" in a bikini. There were some women who shouldn't have tried it, though.

Listened to some terrific ska and reggae in the Record Factory pub; prices tear-jerking, but the day was made when one stunning wee barmaid jumped up onto the counter below the gantry to get a bottle of malt that was ridiculously high on the wall. You could hear all the middle-aged guys gasping for breath.

The hipster thing is a strange one I think even a few Goths, punks and metalheads took a kicking or two for reasons of 'being different' back in my day. Saying that a hiding for the wrong postcode area wasn't unusual in the late 80s.

A big beard, a strange animal on a bit of rope (similar to a ferret) and a sailors outfit was the best recent effort I've seen.

Dundee has softened in its old age.

A couple of years ago I witnessed these cosplayers here walking around the city centre on a Saturday afternoon with complete impunity...

Dundee+Cos+Players+Scotland.jpg

I nearly got lynched just for wearing a leather jacket back in the mid '90s and now this...

A couple of years ago I witnessed these cosplayers here walking around the city centre on a Saturday afternoon with complete impunity...

I nearly got lynched just for wearing a leather jacket back in the mid '90s and now this...

If it's any consolation at the whatever geek convention was on in the city a couple of months ago me and 3 mates gave them a right good staring down whilst in our United scarves and smoking outside the globe. I imagine they felt most uncomfortable as this display of naked aggression and almost hooliganism and won't be back.

It was my town's Common riding a few days ago, a top weekend as usual.

If you're not from the borders i'd imagine the whole Common Riding idea would seem quite odd, and it is a lot of pish tbf but it's a great laugh

Strathaven gala week is upon us at last! Plenty of events on throughout the week for kids and adults alike. The big day on Saturday always involves am to am boozing, again for kids and adults alike. One for all generations.

Strathaven is currently down to 4 boozers right now so they'll all be absolutely bursting. It'll be a crate of lager and a bottle of tonic round my mates house for me.

I've came across big groups of these types on two separate occasions in Dundee. I'm pretty liberal-minded but why do people think it's acceptable to walk about like this?

I've came across big groups of these types on two separate occasions in Dundee. I'm pretty liberal-minded but why do people think it's acceptable to walk about like this?

It will be the stupid games convention thing.

Folk dress up like folk from Final Fantasy or Pokémon. It is indeed tragic.

Couple months back I was on my way through town, Saturday morning about 8:45, and already there were Mario, Luigi, Picafuckingchu and loads others knocking about. I was playing football so hadn't been out the night before, so I had a dilemma.

Was it a delayed flashback to some of the hallucinogenic tests I've conducted? Or worse, were these utter c***s and fucktards real?

It will be the stupid games convention thing.

Folk dress up like folk from Final Fantasy or Pokémon. It is indeed tragic.

Couple months back I was on my way through town, Saturday morning about 8:45, and already there were Mario, Luigi, Picafuckingchu and loads others knocking about. I was playing football so hadn't been out the night before, so I had a dilemma.

Was it a delayed flashback to some of the hallucinogenic tests I've conducted? Or worse, were these utter c***s and fucktards real?

The festival is called Dee-Con. I've no idea if it's shite or not as I've never actually been, but The Courier's picture gallery suggest I wouldn't quite fit in.

image.jpg

image.jpg