The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

As someone who's recently jumped ship from X Box 360 to PS4, is this going to be a goodie then?

I know next to nothing about PS3 games..

played a bit at my sister's because I only had 360 and its the only game I've preordered other than gta. Bring it on bitch.

As someone who's recently jumped ship from X Box 360 to PS4, is this going to be a goodie then?

I know next to nothing about PS3 games..

The best of all the PS3 games being given a nice shiny polish for PS4. Can't go wrong.

Is it pretty much the same game type as walking dead?

If so, I just don't get it.

TWD reminds me of those shoddy interactive movies you got when 'multimedia' first came out. It might be an excellenty story but it is barely a game.

jock001, on 02 Jul 2014 - 08:23, said:

TWD reminds me of those shoddy interactive movies you got when 'multimedia' first came out. It might be an excellenty story but it is barely a game.

Not really. The only similarities is that the setting is in a post apocalyptic world and the story follows a flawed hero with a small girl that wouldn't have met each other if it wasn't for their circumstances.

Totally different feel though. And much more involved.

played a bit at my sister's because I only had 360 and its the only game I've preordered other than gta. Bring it on bitch.

The best of all the PS3 games being given a nice shiny polish for PS4. Can't go wrong.

It's one of the best games of the last ten years or so.

You're in for a treat.

Cheers lads.

TWD is all about the story though. Everything from the character empathy, the twists and the sheer moments of "Oh my god that didnt just happen" are brilliant. If you look at it as a fairly bog standard point-and-click adventure, you're missing the point

TWD is all about the story though. Everything from the character empathy, the twists and the sheer moments of "Oh my god that didnt just happen" are brilliant. If you look at it as a fairly bog standard point-and-click adventure, you're missing the point

TWD story wise is by far the most enthralling game I've ever played. Never come across a game that has had me that emotionally involved before.

Mr X, on 04 Jul 2014 - 10:05, said:

Much prefer LoU's story to TWD. Both are cracking, but LoU is just that bit more quality.

TWD story wise is by far the most enthralling game I've ever played. Never come across a game that has had me that emotionally involved before.

This.

Much prefer LoU's story to TWD. Both are cracking, but LoU is just that bit more quality.

Ive never played LoU, so my post wasnt meant as a comparison

Agreed. I couldn't believe how protective I became with Clem. I've never been so emotionally invested in a videogame character.

Agreed. I couldn't believe how protective I became with Clem. I've never been so emotionally invested in a videogame character.

It makes playing chapter 2 really weird, in a good way. As Lee you were happy to put yourself in danger to save Clem. Obviously you can't do that in 2

It makes playing chapter 2 really weird, in a good way. As Lee you were happy to put yourself in danger to save Clem. Obviously you can't do that in 2

Tbh, that's a factor in me not yet taking the plunge in purchasing chapter 2. I can't handle putting Clem in danger.

:(

The Wolf Among Us is a must buy if you like TWD. Both are made by Telltale, and whilst it's a wildly different story and it affects you in a different way it's just as engrossing.

I love this game, but the ending of the game left me scratching my head:

Does Ellie's scar/wound appear worse in the final scene, and so does this suggest that Ellie is infected, but the infection is just delayed as the wound gets worse?

Did anyone else think this? What are your thoughts?