The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

I'm not massively into gaming and usually only play FIFA but got this last week and my word, it's outstanding.

The character development, the acting, the eerie soundtrack and gameplay are perfect.

Also absolutely terrified of Clickers nevermind Bloaters. What grotesque but amazing creatures.

Saw a repeat of Planet Earth the other day and realised that this was the inspiration for the infected in TLOU

Pretty cool

Wow.

I'd always heard it was based on this cordyceps thing on insects but never really took the time to look it up.

It's pretty amazing that the ants pick up the infected ants and carry them away from the rest of the colony to be dumped otherwise the spores will infect all the others.

Edited by ScotlandGer

Sewers, clickers everywhere. Just after you split up with Henry and the wee lassy.

Stuck for ages with hardly any ammo.

I think I know where you are.

That's really tough and I struggled for ages.

My tactics:

I couldn't sneak through.

I loaded up on molotovs and got everything fully loaded.

I basically hid behind the wee corner where you start and crouch forward and when one of them runs at you, I backed up to where I was and fired and threw molotovs and kept up this tactic, until the rest of them were reduced in number to tackle head-to-head in the wider area.

Completed left behind aswell, enjoyed it. I'll be going through a new game plus definitely with this one. Something that I usually can't be arsed doing. If this game never came out on PS4 I'd have happily bought a PS3 just for it. Definitely in my top 10 of all time. The characters are so believable and you end up so attached to Ellie without even realising it. I also found that for a with a AI character Ellie was very well done. Never did I have to worry about her getting stuck, getting in the way of gunfire etc.

I think I know where you are.

That's really tough and I struggled for ages.

My tactics:

I couldn't sneak through.

I loaded up on molotovs and got everything fully loaded.

I basically hid behind the wee corner where you start and crouch forward and when one of them runs at you, I backed up to where I was and fired and threw molotovs and kept up this tactic, until the rest of them were reduced in number to tackle head-to-head in the wider area.

The best tactic for the sewer part is

run out for when the first load are and launch a molotov. Then run back to the door and launch 2 smoke bombs at each direction infront of u and they won't come towards u. And if Henry's Ai is good at the time u both just stand there until ellie opens the door works everytime makes grounded mode so much easier

Edited by ScottishKunt

The best tactic for the sewer part is

run out for when the first load are and launch a molotov. Then run back to the door and launch 2 smoke bombs at each direction infront of u and they won't come towards u. And if Henry's Ai is good at the time u both just stand there until ellie opens the door works everytime makes grounded mode so much easier

Ah, right, is that not the bit after the sewers where you meet back up with Ellie and you run upstairs out the sewers into a room? Then the kids squeeze out the door behind you. I struggled with that bit too, to be fair.

Either way, to get that far on Grounded is impressive, by the way.

I struggled and then gave up on Grounded much, much earlier.

I really, really don't want this game to end. I think I'm fairly close, which is a shame. Really enjoying the story, despite the game behind it probably being fairly "average".

I'm just into the Winter section, and Ellie has escaped from those people that were chopping other folk up. Think I'm in the restaurant trying to get away from the main one. Much left to play?

At least I've got Left Behind still to play, that and FIFA will keep me busy for the next few months at least.

I really, really don't want this game to end. I think I'm fairly close, which is a shame. Really enjoying the story, despite the game behind it probably being fairly "average".

I'm just into the Winter section, and Ellie has escaped from those people that were chopping other folk up. Think I'm in the restaurant trying to get away from the main one. Much left to play?

At least I've got Left Behind still to play, that and FIFA will keep me busy for the next few months at least.

It depends what type of player you are. If you're like me and scour every room for every drop of cloth and fluid then I'm sure you'll have a couple of hours left at least. As stated, I did that game at my own pace and it took me around 12 hours to complete. That may give you a bit of an idea. You're not in the right season it finishes anyway so still a bit to go. You won't have been to the underground through way yet? Good luck! :-)

It depends what type of player you are. If you're like me and scour every room for every drop of cloth and fluid then I'm sure you'll have a couple of hours left at least. As stated, I did that game at my own pace and it took me around 12 hours to complete. That may give you a bit of an idea. You're not in the right season it finishes anyway so still a bit to go. You won't have been to the underground through way yet? Good luck! :-)

Took me while to do that bit and when I played it back it took me just as long :lol:

Took me while to do that bit and when I played it back it took me just as long :lol:

Is that the tunnel bit before the hospital? Was kinda difficult but as soon as you whap the flamethrower out it's finished in minutes. It's really OP to f**k against infected.

Completed left behind aswell, enjoyed it. I'll be going through a new game plus definitely with this one. Something that I usually can't be arsed doing. If this game never came out on PS4 I'd have happily bought a PS3 just for it. Definitely in my top 10 of all time. The characters are so believable and you end up so attached to Ellie without even realising it. I also found that for a with a AI character Ellie was very well done. Never did I have to worry about her getting stuck, getting in the way of gunfire etc.

Have you sent me a friend request yet? I've had a few lately, but not sure if you're one of them.