The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

Just played a wee bit again today. Can't get by the bit with the generator and hotel card key! Watched a few tutorials of guys doing it, but I've hardly any ammo and there seems to be more infected appearing in my game than there's! Also now every time I spawn next to generator a horde of them attack me instantly with the big bloater guy coming up too. Got a molotov and couple of bombs so would be able to kill him, but my lack of ammo means I'm struggling to kill the others. Tried so many times and i've gave up now.

Can only echo what others have said. It's a case of run for your life. I had next to no ammo at that point either (thinking about it, I don't imagine that's coincidence). I had two bombs though and i placed them at the doorways, giving me time to start the generator. After that I legged it. Whatever ammo I had, I used it on the bloater.

It's funny you mention it. When I first played it after the new version came out on PS4, I entered that room and just shouted out "Shit!". I had totally forgotten about that part and I knew it would take me an age to get passed it again; which was the case. Run and persevere is the advice I'd give!

I struggled a bit at this point, so when I was watching my brother play this part I was eagerly awaiting him to fail miserably. p***k managed to bolt it when he switched the generator on and made it to the door without using a single piece of ammo. So in my survivor and grounded playthroughs I'd use his tactic and not use a single bullet or lose any health 8)

I'll just say it here to make life easier for everyone. Switch the generator on, then wait 7-10 seconds. Then run up the stairs to your right, then turn left and go through the toilets. Turn right on the hallway, and run forward which will drop you down but keep running up the 'ramp'. At the top of the ramp through the opening turn left and sprint to the door. No problem (I'm really sad).

ETA: If you get attacked just run past them and if you get killed, do it again but wait a little more/less at the generator.

Edited by Chupacabra

Completed this bad boy. Started it again it was so good, kinda only started again so I could get the upgrades finished but my god this game is epic.

TLoU is the only game you could get a screenshot like this.

TheLastofUstradeRemastered_2014111417404

Edited by peeeel

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently finished this, loved the story, setting and the voice acting and graphics were great.

There were some excellent set pieces but I did get a bit fed up with the sneaking about in the hotel and financial district when it's just the regular humans you were up against much preferred the parts against the infected. The amount of ladders and pallets you had to position got pretty old as well but it really is a cracking game.

Just started the Dlc left behind hopefully be more of the same. Has anyone tried the multiplayer? Is it any good?

• 2 weeks later...

Gave the multiplayer a bash tonight. Didn't care for "Supply Raid" or "Survivors" but "Interrogation" was brilliant. Only downside is my character appears to be a girl :(

Aye the multiplayer modes are decent, but infinitely better when you're on with a group of mates and can whip out some tactical chat :P Character model is random I'm sure

• 1 month later...

Waaaay behind the crowd, but literally finished this two minutes ago. What a game, certainly lived up to the hype.

It's more of a playable movie than a film, given the strength of the storyline and the characterisation. Joel and Ellie are probably the most well developed game 'duo' I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Waaaay behind the crowd, but literally finished this two minutes ago. What a game, certainly lived up to the hype.

It's more of a playable movie than a film, given the strength of the storyline and the characterisation. Joel and Ellie are probably the most well developed game 'duo' I've ever seen.

Yeah. There's talk of an actual movie, which will definitely happen for financial reasons and will more than likely be the one that breaks the shite videogame movie curse but then it really doesn't need a place on the big screen to do it justice. It's perfect as it is.

• 1 month later...

Finished the game at the weekend, and completed the (superb) DLC last night.

Can't really add much more to what's already been said. Not sure if it's the best game ever, but it's definitely the best I've played.

TLOU is an experience first and a game second, imo.

I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it, but there's a scene at the end of the winter section. You can't hear what's being said, but Christ, my bottom lip has rarely wobbled this much.

• 1 month later...

Finally bought this the other day, got delivered today (the GOTY version). Whenever I finish Just Cause 2, I'll get round to it.

Quite how I've managed to avoid knowing what happens in it for nearly two years is beyond me but I hope it's as good as it's supposed to be.

Still not had the chance to play this, fired up the Playstation last night and my gf decided she wanted to play as well so ended up playing Lego Lord of the Rings instead :huh:

Not a bad game, to be fair. Not at the same level as The Last of Us, though. :lol:

Might actually delve back into this and give it another play-through. I bought it around the time I moved out my flat and had a month of staying with the wife's family while we waited for our house to settle. So probably didn't give it as much attention as it deserved, considering how much I love a good story-rich single player game.

Haven't played Left Behind either - how does that compare to the main story?