The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

I've been replaying this the last few days. Finding it rather easy this time round with most of Joel's stats maxed. Story is immense but forgot how repetitive the moving ladders and opening metal grated doors becomes.

Left behind is fairly decent too. Not as impressive as the main game but provides more of a back story to Elle.

Might actually delve back into this and give it another play-through. I bought it around the time I moved out my flat and had a month of staying with the wife's family while we waited for our house to settle. So probably didn't give it as much attention as it deserved, considering how much I love a good story-rich single player game.

Haven't played Left Behind either - how does that compare to the main story?

I thoroughly enjoyed Left Behind. Fleshes out Ellie's story and some really nice set pieces.

Started this the other night, really good start, quite emotional.

Just met Robert and the first Firefly lady so very early doors. Hasn't really grabbed me yet, cant get to grips with the weapon selection, how do you select the weapon you have across your back?

It does look beautiful just the gameplay isnt really sitting right with me at the moment, prefer the Uncharted gameplay at this point, although i know there is not much difference, just seems easier to control.

Im pretty sure i was doing that but would only bring up gun and bottle/brick, couldnt see the option for the plank of wood across my back. I am dreadful at these games so probably missing something very simple.

played through about 4 levels of Dead Space once just beating everything to death with the butt of my gun because i didnt think i had any ammo left, didnt realise there was a reload button :)

• 2 weeks later...

Came across runners and clickers last night for the first time, tried to stealth past them and failed about 10 times. is it best to just blast your way through? I sacked it after being mauled by the runners for the tenth time.

Molotovs are your friend. Throw a brick or bottle in an empty space, wait till a few of them gather together and then launch a molotov in their general direction.

It's best to avoid confrontation with clickers if you can. If they get you, you're toast.

keep meaning to get back into this. Finally got by that bit that I was stuck at for so long, the bit where the power runs out and you have to turn on the generator and use the swipe key to get out.. How much of the game is there left after this? And does it get better, because I've no been blown away so far, although it's a good game.

There is still a fair chunck of the game to go from there. The story certainly picks up but in terms of gameplay you have seen all it has to offer. If it wasn't for this excellent story and characters then there is no way it would have been as popular as the gameplay is nothing special and relies on the same gimmicks over and over again ie. the placing of ladders.

Despite the above this remains one of my favourite games.

There is still a fair chunck of the game to go from there. The story certainly picks up but in terms of gameplay you have seen all it has to offer. If it wasn't for this excellent story and characters then there is no way it would have been as popular as the gameplay is nothing special and relies on the same gimmicks over and over again ie. the placing of ladders.

Despite the above this remains one of my favourite games.

This was why I ended up patching this about half way through. Very repetitive gameplay, and I found it quite boring after a while. I'll maybe have a crack at it again in the future, but when I swapped my 360 for a PS4 in January I was really looking forward to this.

Ill be honest here i actually hated this game after it getting good reviews from my mates and websites i gave it a go.
I didnt get into the sneaking around side of it and the zombie thing is getting a bit boring.
Too much sneaking for my liking and not in a good way.

Ill be honest here i actually hated this game after it getting good reviews from my mates and websites i gave it a go.

I didnt get into the sneaking around side of it and the zombie thing is getting a bit boring.

Too much sneaking for my liking and not in a good way.

Just out of interest, what's your idea of a good game?

• 4 weeks later...

Had another game of this over the weekend for a few hours. I eventually managed to get past the Downtown section with the firs group of zombies. Took me about 20 attempts.

I've just met bill and started scavanging the town.

Starting to really enjoy it now after not being sure at the start. It's a lot more Stealth driven than i had expected which is something i like, most games try and introduce a Stealth angle but usually fail and you end up just blasting your way out of most situations but that is not possible in a lot of the situations here.

Enjoying the story and the characters a lot too, really involving.

Been coming and going with this. Hadn't played it in a while, so booted it up tonight. It was the bit where the soldiers have just found out that 76 of their crew have been killed by a 'tourist' (can't mind where Ellie is at this point no played it in ages). But basically I've got to sneak by everyone etc, each time I get by a guy there's a new one who always seems to discover me.

I've decided these stealth things aren't my kinda games, think I'm gonna give up with it as I've never got into it.

Barely played my ps4 In last 6 months or so anyway, don't really enjoy my games anymore which makes me sad :(

Been coming and going with this. Hadn't played it in a while, so booted it up tonight. It was the bit where the soldiers have just found out that 76 of their crew have been killed by a 'tourist' (can't mind where Ellie is at this point no played it in ages). But basically I've got to sneak by everyone etc, each time I get by a guy there's a new one who always seems to discover me.

I've decided these stealth things aren't my kinda games, think I'm gonna give up with it as I've never got into it.

Barely played my ps4 In last 6 months or so anyway, don't really enjoy my games anymore which makes me sad :(

Can I suggest you purchase Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition and get Fallout 4 when it comes out in November?

You'll fall in love with your PS4 again.