The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

Bit of a wobbly lip but went all REAL MEN DUNT CRY!!1! and managed to stifle it.

If that made you wobble there's another scene, without spoiling it, that should send you over the edge.

I enjoyed the opening part. Didn't find it overly emotional though.

^^^ heart of stone, imo

• 1 month later...

Still haven't completed this game despite having it for over a month. Only reason being is I'm not very good at it and Clickers are truly the most annoying game enemy I've ever encountered. Absolute c***s.

Just at the bit where you've falled off the lift. Creepy as shit when infected start running and jumping out in the dark.

Still haven't completed this game despite having it for over a month. Only reason being is I'm not very good at it and Clickers are truly the most annoying game enemy I've ever encountered. Absolute c***s.

Just at the bit where you've falled off the lift. Creepy as shit when infected start running and jumping out in the dark.

Molotovs are your friend.

Lob a bottle to lure them all to one spot.

Lob a molotov in the middle of them.

Rinse and repeat.

If you're struggling with this part then it's worth knowing that you can run through it without losing any health or using any ammo. Here's my post from earlier in the thread.

I struggled a bit at this point, so when I was watching my brother play this part I was eagerly awaiting him to fail miserably. p***k managed to bolt it when he switched the generator on and made it to the door without using a single piece of ammo. So in my survivor and grounded playthroughs I'd use his tactic and not use a single bullet or lose any health 8)

I'll just say it here to make life easier for everyone. Switch the generator on, then wait 7-10 seconds. Then run up the stairs to your right, then turn left and go through the toilets. Turn right on the hallway, and run forward which will drop you down but keep running up the 'ramp'. At the top of the ramp through the opening turn left and sprint to the door. No problem (I'm really sad).

ETA: If you get attacked just run past them and if you get killed, do it again but wait a little more/less at the generator.

Edited by Chupacabra

I've been meaning to go back, I got stuck at a bit.

TBH, I wasn't wowed by it. It was good but I certainly think it got overhyped and I was expecting too much going in.

Reading through the thread after finally getting a shot of this and always worth minding how shite Forehead's opinions generally were. I wasn't impressed at times with the gameplay but think it added to the tension of the game a lot by being deliberately difficult to play at points. The story is second to none and the ending subverted every trope the game referenced. Superb. I heard they're making a sequel and I'm actually ambivalent about it. While I don't doubt that they will make another incredible story I felt it wrapped up really well and I liked the message behind the climax.

Reading through the thread after finally getting a shot of this and always worth minding how shite Forehead's opinions generally were. I wasn't impressed at times with the gameplay but think it added to the tension of the game a lot by being deliberately difficult to play at points. The story is second to none and the ending subverted every trope the game referenced. Superb. I heard they're making a sequel and I'm actually ambivalent about it. While I don't doubt that they will make another incredible story I felt it wrapped up really well and I liked the message behind the climax.

Yeah, kind of agree. Think it was all but confirmed that there will be a sequel by one of the voice actors, but it's hard to see where they would go with it. The ending was a bit open, but it's hard to see how they could use it to stretch out another game. One of those nice endings that left questions, rather than tieing everything up.

I guess they could - if they wanted to be totally unoriginal - go for a sort of Walking Dead style plot where they make it to a town that is largely unaffected by it all. Another game where they battle through waves of enemies would just be retreading for the sake of profit, they'd have to do something different.

I don't know how a sequel would work tbh. Where would they go with it? I suppose if Naughty Dog could come up with a way for the 'apocalypse' to end then there is obviously a sequel there. It would have to be a realistic ending and how would Joel and Ellie feature? I can't help but think Ellie's immunity would be the main focal point, but then that was the plot for the original so it probably wouldn't work.

A prequel?

I really don't know how I feel about it. For me the game is a masterpiece and sometimes things should be left well alone. But tbh, I'd have every faith in Naughty Dog nailing it if they were to add to this :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished several months later. Really stunning game with some of the best set pieces in gaming I've come across.

Unsure how I feel about the ending though. Felt slightly anticlimatic to me.

Finally finished several months later. Really stunning game with some of the best set pieces in gaming I've come across.

Unsure how I feel about the ending though. Felt slightly anticlimatic to me.

That's what I enjoyed about it. His actions at the end really rounded off the development of their relationship and I'm glad it didn't provide a dramatic or climactic resolution.

That's what I enjoyed about it. His actions at the end really rounded off the development of their relationship and I'm glad it didn't provide a dramatic or climactic resolution.

Aye. More I've mulled it over the more I'm satisfied with it. I think initially threw me off considering everything else up to that point had been so dramatic.

Aye. More I've mulled it over the more I'm satisfied with it. I think initially threw me off considering everything else up to that point had been so dramatic.

Aye I was the exact same. Initially I reacted with "is that it?" but the more I thought about it the more I grew to like it.

I liked the ending myself. The way I picked it up is that it showed how far the characters had developed, in particular Joel. At the start he had no interest in bonding with Ellie and I think had Ellie got to the hospital within the hour he wouldn't have gave two fucks about them killing her for the chance of a cure. The fact he refused to let her die, even if it meant a cure for humanity showed just how much he bonded with her and how important she had became to him. It was beautiful. The very last scene for me was bland but it symbolised 'This is our life from now on, this is how it's going to be for the rest of our lives but as long as they have each other, the end of the world is nothing!' :lol:

Just my view of course and I'm sure many would think it's drivel. But it's my take on it and I'm happy enough with it :P