The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

The uncharted games for the ps3 were my favourite and they were very much the same as the last of us... hope they have them on the ps4

Uncharted 4 is out next year.

There are also rumours that Uncharted 1-3 will be released on PS4 to coincide with it.

I completed this back on PS3, and because of a disappointing selection of games on next gen, bought the remastered version on PS4.

Since then I've platinumed the game, completed it on grounded mode, done the left behind dlc... An outstanding game.

Nothing comes close to that now though and anything I pick up to play just feels honkingly bad. I tried desperately to get into the Evil Within. But to no avail. Ended up trading it in and am just jumping in and out of CoD or Fifa. Hoping Far Cry will fill the void

Got this last night and have just reached the garage in which you can first upgrade your guns after being chased by the infected. Found it a bit hard to get into but starting to get the hang of it now. Some tricky bits so far - the room with 3 clickers and 2 runners and the one with a clicker and 3/4 runners both spring to mind. Good that you need to put a bit of thought into how you're approaching things. The game's shit scary.

I completed this back on PS3, and because of a disappointing selection of games on next gen, bought the remastered version on PS4.

Since then I've platinumed the game, completed it on grounded mode, done the left behind dlc... An outstanding game.

Nothing comes close to that now though and anything I pick up to play just feels honkingly bad. I tried desperately to get into the Evil Within. But to no avail. Ended up trading it in and am just jumping in and out of CoD or Fifa. Hoping Far Cry will fill the void

This is how I feel about every game I look at now. It will take something earth shatteringly good to beat The Last of Us.

• 1 month later...

I just signed up for Last of Us online - any good?

Amazing. The Supply Raid mode is excellent, esp if your teamed with a good group of players stealthing around. It can be well eerie crawling around with just the sound of birds tweeting and gunfire barking in the distance. I play far too much of this.

I've now moved onto Alien Isolation. I kind of wished I'd played this before The Last of Us.

I wouldn't worry about it. There won't be many games that ever reach the levels TLOU did, so I think you just need to play games as they are and not compare them or you'll never be satisfied with a game again :) An absolute masterpiece.

Just played a wee bit again today. Can't get by the bit with the generator and hotel card key! Watched a few tutorials of guys doing it, but I've hardly any ammo and there seems to be more infected appearing in my game than there's! Also now every time I spawn next to generator a horde of them attack me instantly with the big bloater guy coming up too. Got a molotov and couple of bombs so would be able to kill him, but my lack of ammo means I'm struggling to kill the others. Tried so many times and i've gave up now.

Just played a wee bit again today. Can't get by the bit with the generator and hotel card key! Watched a few tutorials of guys doing it, but I've hardly any ammo and there seems to be more infected appearing in my game than there's! Also now every time I spawn next to generator a horde of them attack me instantly with the big bloater guy coming up too. Got a molotov and couple of bombs so would be able to kill him, but my lack of ammo means I'm struggling to kill the others. Tried so many times and i've gave up now.

I just legged it at that part, didn't bother fighting. Anything jumps out on you, shoot it with the shotgun and bolt for the exit.

Was probably the most consistently I played a game. Got my PS4 for my birthday last year with this, FIFA and inFamous and completely ignored the other two until I completed TLoU. Want to go back for more but still got plenty of games to get through before that happens.

Can only echo what others have said. It's a case of run for your life. I had next to no ammo at that point either (thinking about it, I don't imagine that's coincidence). I had two bombs though and i placed them at the doorways, giving me time to start the generator. After that I legged it. Whatever ammo I had, I used it on the bloater.

It's funny you mention it. When I first played it after the new version came out on PS4, I entered that room and just shouted out "Shit!". I had totally forgotten about that part and I knew it would take me an age to get passed it again; which was the case. Run and persevere is the advice I'd give!