Yahoo Fantasy NFL 2013

placidcasual

So it's definitely going to be more than one league with the amount of people who want to play. If we're going to have promotion and relegation my suggestion would be to leave the top league as it was last year. There's 12 of the 14 managers confirmed, so either a 12 or 14 team top division with the bottom 4 teams relegated. Below that league will depend on the amount of teams we end up with.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah two leagues sounds great. Will add to the chat in here which is a big reason why I enjoyed playing so much last year.

How many newbies have showed interest so far?

Seven sent PM's plus there's a few posted have posted on the thread.

The common sense, and correct, format is a 12-12 splitting into a 8-8-8 after 10 games. Simple.

:lol: superb

Are we going to restrict the "Top League" to 12 then and create subsequent leagues of 10/12/16 as more folk show interest?

I am the Ross County of our wee league...debut season in the league and just missed out on the top 4...aiming for at worst the European places next year :D

Gowrie Gorgons relegated to Division II Football without playing a game :( Perthshire wont forget this, you think visiting the Raiders is bad.

Makes sense to get as many guys who want a game as possible involved though and at least means someone in their first year will be picking up a championship ring.

f**k, gutted I missed this. I'm part of a Ram forum league and took the yanks for a ride last year, they didn't like it much. Count me in for a spot in the second league.

There's still division two...

Do they have separate fantasy tournaments for the offseason? If so you could get the top teams to play the others and get a P&B Bowl going.

I suppose one way to do it would be to have both leagues with an identical scoring system. When it gets to the final (eg two teams from each separate league playing their final) the overall winner would be the team with the highest score out of the two winners...

Or, we could just have two separate leagues haha

I know, lets have 2 leagues of 12 which split into 3 leagues of 8 halfway...oh...wait....

Thats me signed up for this year it would be pretty tight having 20 teams, I remember getting to the end of the draft and was picking people with funny or long names.

:lol: superb

Are we going to restrict the "Top League" to 12 then and create subsequent leagues of 10/12/16 as more folk show interest?

I am the Ross County of our wee league...debut season in the league and just missed out on the top 4...aiming for at worst the European places next year :D

Restrictions? I like it. I propose a minimum post count of 6,000 with no user account sharing, for access to the top league. Sounds fair to me. :)

I know, lets have 2 leagues of 12 which split into 3 leagues of 8 halfway...oh...wait....

A day late with that joke pal. :P

oopsy :whistle

so what are the rules of 2 conferences ? I only ever do fantasy football here, is it still one big draft?

It would have been, which is why splitting it into two divisions of ten under the one league isn't going to work. I wrongly assumed that both divisions would have a full player pool to themselves.

It would have been, which is why splitting it into two divisions of ten under the one league isn't going to work. I wrongly assumed that both divisions would have a full player pool to themselves.

Only sites with an entry fee do this. Would have been ideal as the two winners could meet in the Superbowl, but promotion/relegation is a nice idea too.

Okay I was thinking about this on my drive home.

Just a suggestion mind...

I agree 20 is too much. 16 was okay last year so we stick with that. I have no idea who the elite 16 should be. Anyone who participated and stuck with it last year should retain their place IMO. If there is extra places available they should either be done by ballot or first interest.

Format wise. I would go for 4 divisions of 4, just like the Conferences we have in the NFL. With 6 of the 16 making the playoffs.

It would mean we could use the whole 17 weeks of the season. Weeks 1-14 as regular season. Week 15 wildcard. Week 16 divisional. Week 17 Championship.

How we decide on the divisions I'm unsure. We could either base it on geographical locations and have NSEW divisions or have a draw. I know it might mean teams with a better record missing out on the playoffs but that's the format the NFL takes and isn't that what's trying to be replicated? It would also mean divisional rivalries, for the 14 regular season games I propose 2 each against division (6), 1 against the other division of the half conference (4) and 1 against a division on the other half (4). Perhaps call the divisions PubCrawl East & West and SubCrawl East & West.

As I said it would follow the current NFL playoffs...

Week 15 - 6@3, 5@4

Week 16 - ...@2, ...@1

Week 17 - Superbowl

I've had a look at the Yahoo site and it seems like this can be done.

As for the rest I would propose a straight out league like we have done the last few years. Top 4 make the playoffs and have their winners. But that top 4 gain promotion to the "elite" league for next season at the expense of the 4 divisional bottom teams and are allocated on a geographical/ballot system.Obviously if there are people in the elite league who do not come back or haven't played the whole season they will be relegated in place of 5th, 6th, 7th.......

Just my ideas, what y'all think?

ETA - Should the Elite be allowed to play their reserve teams in the lower leagues? No promotion obviously.

Archived