Yahoo Fantasy NFL 2013

placidcasual

- I wouldn't favour playing in week 17 as it just removes the chance that after building a good team you get screwed by your starting QB and RB being rested.

- I don't see how keeper would work with the promotion and relegation. I think we might have too many teams for IDP to be effective.

- Random snake draft would be my ideal method.

- I prefer blind bids for waivers but it is not a massive issue for me.

- I am happy to play with money or without.

- I was also wondering what the situation with Flex players is in this league?

Oh thats a good point actually. Currently the flex position only has WRs and RBs eligible although I think that can be changed to include TEs aswell. I'm easy either way, if you dont get 2 top TEs it wont be much use to you but I get wanting that option.

Another point I thought of: is everybody good with sticking with Yahoo? Doesnt really bother me but I see the value of changing this over to FleaFlicker too, either way its not game breaking...

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone from the CFL can make an input I thought most things we did last year seemed to work really well. Were the top league on the exact same system?

The only thing that was a bit of a bugger last year was people (person) dropping out so that going into final week my rival for a playoff was playing someone whose team had not been updated since week 2 but I had been beaten by when they played full strength in early weeks (not an excuse, I was poor last year and didnt deserve to be in the mix, this is just illustrative). Money might deter that sort of thing.

The head to head thing was really good but all play also sounds interesting.

I'm pretty sure we didnt have flex in Div 2, or if we did I was unaware and didnt use it. I like it as starting 3WR meant you had to be carrying some utter crap in your team at times (although if i hant dropped keenan allen in week 3 after drafting him after my kicker that might have been different.

If you wanted the leagues to be closer I would suggest having the exact same rules, scoring and systems for both and a joint thread but the promotion relegation worked well.

Yeah the 2 leagues were on the same system this year, only difference being the second tier had fewer teams (and as such better players available). A joint thread is a good suggestion.

That was my thinking about drop outs too but at the same time if some people don't want to do a money league it's not fair to ask them to drop out because of it. Drop outs will have to be dealt with in some manner though as it's been a problem in every league I've played in. Off the top of my head maybe relegation and a year ban from the league?

I think most of the points raised so far are all valid. Personally, I'm not a fan of week 17 play and not too fussed over money.

One thing though, are we sure we're going to get the same numbers we had last year? What happens if we have less people? Who would play in what league?

I think most of the points raised so far are all valid. Personally, I'm not a fan of week 17 play and not too fussed over money.

One thing though, are we sure we're going to get the same numbers we had last year? What happens if we have less people? Who would play in what league?

Never really crossed my mind. I don't see anyone dropping out seeing as the vast majority were committed and had fun with the competition and trash talk, theres a chance we might end up with more if anything given that we nearly doubled the numbers from last year to this year. If that happens we'll do some damage control nearer the time

OK so definite changes:

- 16 Game Season

- Blind Bid Waivers

- Unified Thread For Both Divisions (assuming theres no opposition?)

Possible changes that we need more opinion on:

- Flex Position (Should TE be included or keep it as is?)

- Punishments for drop outs

- All Play Format (there was some interest but I'd like a proper vote on this to get proper numbers)

For these 3 points if everybody can give their opinion by the end of March, meaning all people in both leagues.

Everything else will likely be staying the same. I'll look into running a money league separate to this if everybody who would be interested can send me a PM, and I'll definitely be running a charity league separate to this too, again if you're interested drop me a PM.

All play is where every team plays each other each week instead of having a schedule, so after week one you could have a 15-0 record rather than 1-0 if you have the best team, basically taking the luck of the schedule out of it and the best overall team is the winner. Personally I refer the head to heads but I'm happy to do all play if thats where the majority are going

Am I right in saying we have 28 teams total across the two leagues? So if we get to 15 votes on one of the issues I'll call it then. Currently they're standing at:

Possible changes that we need more opinion on:

- Flex Position (Should TE be included?) YES - 4 NO - 1

- Punishments for drop outs YES - 5 NO - 0

- All Play Format YES - 0 NO - 5

As a penalty for drop outs I had suggested immediate relegation for the next season, is that too much and might make people think twice about playing the next year?

I don't think relegation for a drop out would help at all. They would be even less likely to complete a season in a lower divison.

I agree, but I cant think of anything else obvious that would work under the current rules. Keeper/Dynasty leagues you can take away a keeper slot/draft pick and if we done the draft NFL style they could be moved to last pick each round but in our random redraft league we'll need to come up with something more creative. Maybe a playoff ban? Dont know if that's possible right enough

Archived