NFL Fantasy Breakaway League 13/14

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in London for Scotland game.

Draft this year will be random. League format almost sorted but not confirmed. Happy to welcome ideas how a 12 team league can accomodate 4 promotion slots.

3 leagues of four. Top 3 and best loser go up? Or top 4 overall records?

One league of 12. Everyone plays everyone else once. Playoffs in Weeks 12, 13 and 14. Top 6 qualify for playoffs with 3rd v 6th and 4th playing 5th in wildcard week. The 4 teams that qualify for Championship games promoted (1st v lowest rank left and 2nd v remaining side for place in Superbowl).

One league of 12. Everyone plays everyone else once. Playoffs in Weeks 12, 13 and 14. Top 6 qualify for playoffs with 3rd v 6th and 4th playing 5th in wildcard week. The 4 teams that qualify for Championship games promoted (1st v lowest rank left and 2nd v remaining side for place in Superbowl).

Or that!!

Did my first ever mock draft.......sigh

Ended up with

QB - Aaron Rodgers

WR - Dez Bryant, Wes Welker & AJ Jenkins

RB - Ahamd Bradshaw & BenJarvus Green-Ellis

TE - Kyle Rudolph

K - Matt Prater

DEF - Houston

BN - Willis McGahee, Zach Ertz, Ryan Tannehill, Mohamed Sanu, Zack Miller & Zac Stacy

If I ended up with that I could be in trouble I fear. Was 14th out of 14 so all the good RB were gone!!

• 2 weeks later...

Pie and Bovril dying did not help us.

Draft order - Randomised

1. West End Wiz

2. Bishy Blitz

3, The Real McCoys

4. Silvio's Crew

5. Cininnatti Bagels

6. Gordons Gophers

7. Gowries Gorgons

8. Only Fools and Broncos

9. Buttfumble

10. Archie's Army

11. Pilrig Penguins

12. Black Isle Rams

Draft starts at 8pm on Sunday. Players will have 90 seconds to select their players.

League Format:

You have been randomly drawn into one of the FOUR divisions. You will play each team once(11 games), and the teams in your conference a second time(2 games). Division winners will automatically make the playoffs(seedings determined by overall record) with the 2 best runners up completing the 6 team playoff. Seeds #1 and #2 will be promoted along with the winner of the first round of playoffs(probably #3 v #6 and #4 v #5), then it'll be a case of finding out who is overall winner for the season.

Stick a reply so I know you have read this post, and understand it.

Ran a mock and it was a little less chaotic. Gonna be a culture-shock compared with the Dynasty league.

How many rounds to we draft?

Mock was 15 and I forgot to pick a pk or TM :(

I think I took Arian with my 1:3 pick. Completed the draft which was an improvement.

Happy with 2nd as for my money there are two players in the first round in a one year draft who are by far the most valuable imo. Guaranteed one of them! I wanted to either be 1 or 2, or else at the end of the round as there are about 15 or so top players and then a drop off.

Archived