Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

Only the link you post of Clifton Street is a good distance from the "peace-loving" Ardoyne.

It appears to be a return march. Why did /would they want to play the sash outside an empty catholic church?

Water cannon deployed in East Belfast now. Things have been relatively quiet in the province recently. Shame it only takes a few parades and some party songs to p***k the bubble of normality.

I can honestly say that I didn't see that question, and I agree, it is belief in fairies in the sky, but I'm sorry, I have no figures in response to that, although I doubt many would. Try Glasgow and the West coast after an Old Firm game though, and then come back to me when you've dismounted your high horse.

Are you seriously trying to deflect, by comparing violence after Old Firm matches to 50 years of your population murdering each other in cold blood?

Yep: you've definitely dismantled 'assumptions' about your horrid little failed statelet there champ.

tumblr_ly9z7j9Q4d1r6ubozo1_400.jpg

Oh and no-one stated that Scotland was perfect. They stated that Scotland is several centuries more advanced than your bigoted cesspool, which it indisputably is.

Unlucky.

It appears to be a return march. Why did /would they want to play the sash outside an empty catholic church? Water cannon deployed in East Belfast now. Things have been relatively quiet in the province recently. Shame it only takes a few parades and some party songs to p***k the bubble of normality.

I agree, but it's empty, so who exactly is offended, and why do so may people travel 50 miles to be offended? There's a larger picture here.

Normality continues in many places, it's the extremists on both sides utilising the opportunity to try and ruin things.

A family friend of the wife is taking his wife and daughter to Belfast to partake in an orange walk. Their daughter was born severely premature and has major learning difficulties and needs round the clock care and meditation. The poor kid won't know what's going on, so why take her?? My biggest fear is the march turning violent and something happening to her. Fuckin idiots, they have the option of respire care for the weekend.

Are you seriously trying to deflect, by comparing violence after Old Firm matches to 50 years of your population murdering each other in cold blood?

Yep: you've definitely dismantled 'assumptions' about your horrid little failed statelet there champ.

Oh and no-one stated that Scotland was perfect. They stated that Scotland is several centuries more advanced than your bigoted cesspool, which it indisputably is.

Unlucky.

Nearly twenty years of living here point out to me that Scotland is indisputably a bigoted cesspool in many areas, surely you aren't going to deny that?

Have you ever seen an A&E department after an Old Firm game? Or the arrest levels all over the country? Are you choosing to ignore the many OF related murders, including one that led to the instigation of an anti-sectarian organisation called Nil By Mouth?. Admittedly they are not on the same scale as our little failed statelet's civil war, but they mean that I won't brook condescentive tripe from you as you attempt to portray Scotland as some idealistic paragon of virtue and religious tolerance, and no amount of banana eating Morton gifs will change that.

A family friend of the wife is taking his wife and daughter to Belfast to partake in an orange walk. Their daughter was born severely premature and has major learning difficulties and needs round the clock care and meditation. The poor kid won't know what's going on, so why take her?? My biggest fear is the march turning violent and something happening to her. Fuckin idiots, they have the option of respire care for the weekend.
Respite care even.
She could always meditate.

Agreed.

Nearly twenty years of living here point out to me that Scotland is indisputably a bigoted cesspool in many areas, surely you aren't going to deny that?

How many terrorist atrocities have been carried out, on behalf of a sky-fairy, in Scotland?

Once again, a champion of the failed statelet is not in any position to lecture on bigotry.

Have you ever seen an A&E department after an Old Firm game? Or the arrest levels all over the country? Are you choosing to ignore the many OF related murders, including one that led to the instigation of an anti-sectarian organisation called Nil By Mouth?. Admittedly they are not on the same scale as our little failed statelet's civil war, but they mean that I won't brook condescentive tripe from you as you attempt to portray Scotland as some idealistic paragon of virtue and religious tolerance, and no amount of banana eating Morton gifs will change that.

How many terrorist bombings, how many assassinations, how many civil wars have been perpetrated by Scottish Catholics, Scottish Protestants, or any form of pseudo-groups in between, over the past 50 years? How many have been carried out in Norn Ireland, to the unmitigated glee of its population,who have colluded in bigoted violence for generations?

Stop deflecting and answer the questions please.

Edited by vikingTON

Son of VT beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Same clichéd buzzwords in place of an argument

Huh?

The phrase "thanks for playing" is pretty popular, granted vikingTON says it also.

same overbearing arrogance as to Scotland's place in things, and same deflection from the original point.

I was dealing in facts and was spot on in what I said. Cheers.

I agree, but it's empty, so who exactly is offended, and why do so may people travel 50 miles to be offended? There's a larger picture here.

Normality continues in many places, it's the extremists on both sides utilising the opportunity to try and ruin things.

The video you referred to was taken at 9:15 in the morning. The marchers seemed a fairly wide section of their community. Also they weren't playing party songs or banging the lambegs. On the return leg the MP quoted was ko'd by a missile thrown from the community he has been elected to represent? Also by then the flutes were out and the drums banging, no doubt.

The LOL do not allow members to marry catholics or even to attend the funeral of a friend or family member held in a catholic church. This despite the parades celebrating a papal funded victory over Irish catholics from over 300 years ago. What is the relevance of the march beyond intimidatory purposes?

How many terrorist atrocities have been carried out, on behalf of a sky-fairy, in Scotland?

Once again, a champion of the failed statelet is not in any position to lecture on bigotry.

How many terrorist bombings, how many assassinations, how many civil wars have been perpetrated by Scottish Catholics, Scottish Protestants, or any form of pseudo-groups in between, over the past 50 years? How many have been carried out in Norn Ireland, to the unmitigated glee of its population,who have colluded in bigoted violence for generations?

Stop deflecting and answer the questions please.

Lots of sectarian violence has been perpetrated in this country, and in the name of differing sky fairies, that is why I will not take lectures from a condescentive buffoon like you, a man who portrays Scotland as a shining paragon of virtue, routinely rattling off inventors as if that excuses the religious razor gangs (who gave rise to the "Billy Boys" after Billy Fullerton, or I could mention the Tim Malloys) of the Twenties, or anything between now and then. There are countless overworked A&Es every time your two biggest clubs meet, not to mention the abused staff and battered wives, (although I've always detested this statistic as the sort of w**k who would beat his wife is a craven coward who will do it anyway - the OF games were just an excuse). Nevertheless, Scotland is hardly free from bigotry.

Having said that, we all know Northern Ireland has suffered much more, although you choose not to see it that way, but that does not allow you to lecture me or anyone else from Northern Ireland with your bigoted rantings. To portray a whole country as bigots because of the excesses of extremists is the act of a bigot himself, but we've been here before.

Cue response about collusion, approval, blah, blah, blah..............................

Huh?

The phrase "thanks for playing" is pretty popular, granted vikingTON says it also.

I was dealing in facts and was spot on in what I said. Cheers.

Which facts?

Not being facetious, just keen to know.

Here's your original post..............

"Well... the political scandal is a unionist one for starters, and as for what you are claiming to be 'generalisations': they aren't. Scotland is not subsidised in any way, shape or form - Norn Iron is. I wouldn't question the intellect of Scots either given the number of incredible things we have done for the world and given that, proportionately, we have more universities in the QS top 100 rankings than any other nation on Earth.

Thanks for playing anyway."

Is it really a fact about "the number of incredible things we have done for the world and given that, proportionately, we have more universities in the QS top 100 rankings than any other nation on Earth." Could you perhaps publish these world wide university tables?

When you're done with that, how is the Falkirk political scandal a unionist one; it is a Labour one?

too long, didn't read

Yawn: yet more whataboutery in your effort to equate football violence with your grubby little civil war. Nobody's impressed.

Having said that, we all know Northern Ireland has suffered much more, although you choose not to see it that way,

No: it has been the focal point for much more - all created by its own residents, with the tacit backing of its sky-fairy divided communities. These are facts.

Telling that the failed statelet is a 'victim' whereas tribal Pakistan is not held by such false, emotive nonsense. Both in fact are horrid, medieval terrorist-harbouring backwaters.

but that does not allow you to lecture me or anyone else from Northern Ireland with your bigoted rantings.

Yes it does: thanks for playing anyway.

To portray a whole country as bigots because of the excesses of extremists is the act of a bigot himself, but we've been here before.

No it isn't: but what else would we expect from the cretin who attempted to file 'violence after an Old Firm game' and '40+ years of civil war' as being both equal measures of 'sectarian conflict'.

So, to get back to the point of your initial strop: you have now admitted that in fact Scotland is much, much more advanced than your grubby backwater. Which does in fact entitle us to castigate the residents of your failed statelet as bigoted morons of the first degree.

Good luck trying to turn this into another 'dismantling' job by the forum's most delusional poster.

Edited by vikingTON

No stropping, no tears, no outrage, just the usual dismantling of the flimsy arguments and ridiculous allegations of P&B's , (cue laughs), most influential poster ever.

A bit like being the tallest dwarf champ, eh?

This is how you defend the indefensible, I suppose.