Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

The attendance at Ronan Kerr's funeral was an incredibly big deal, hence the news reports and furore surrounding it.

Personally I think it would be just swell if they didn't have such rules, rather than having them and only enforcing them on occasion

Of course such laws shouldn't exist and, possibly they no longer do in Scotland Maybe a current (no pun) member can advise?

However, you stated, " he'll be expelled from the Order if he attends any funerals, weddings..." and that just isn't true.

I'd just like to apologise profusely to the Orange Order and all of its members. I should've said 'may be expelled from the Order if he attends any funerals, weddings...'

Hopefully the Magnificent Warlock doesn't judge me too harshly. I actually thought Grand Wizard was a KKK term people used to take the piss out of the OO for their similarity to the KKK.

Of course such laws shouldn't exist and, possibly they no longer do in Scotland Maybe a current (no pun) member can advise?

However, you stated, " he'll be expelled from the Order if he attends any funerals, weddings..." and that just isn't true.

Sorry, what's that point of the order?

They seem needlessly antagonistic to me. Why the desire to march through areas with large catholic populations? To then blame the outrageous rioting on the Parades Commissions refusal to allow them to march in known nationalist areas is ridiculous.

What it does show is that Northern Ireland is a failed state. This shit wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else in the UK.

If Ireland had been united all those years ago then these clowns would have no "Britishness" to cling to.

A united Ireland would be the best solution but it might never happen.

Yeah, must be, although I suppose I didn't guess it was a joke because he has never struck me as one to make a joke out of the clear similarities between the OO and the KKK tbh.

LOL.

It was, though, an attempt at humour. You can see why I don't do it often!

So thats long time lurker to add to the list of LOL members on this forum along with jacksgranda/the linfield fan(that claims he is neutral) and awra who is obviously to young to join

Any others ive missed,jimmy 85 im guessing :lol:

I'm not neutral - I have my views, but I am non-sectarian and anti racist. Happy to be linked with Long Time Lurker and jacksgranda as I find their contributions refreshing, but you shouldn't lump people together.

What it does show is that Northern Ireland is a failed state. This shit wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else in the UK.

If Ireland had been united all those years ago then these clowns would have no "Britishness" to cling to.

A united Ireland would be the best solution but it might never happen.

What a breathtaking insight and solution to the problems of Northern Ireland.

Of course, if Northern Ireland was handed over to the Republic, that would be the end of all the problems. Can't believe nobody thought of this before.

Why the desire to march through areas with large catholic populations?

To then blame the outrageous rioting on the Parades Commissions refusal to allow them to march in known nationalist areas is ridiculous.

Agree with the first point, they shouldn't be allowed to march through Catholic areas, except the Ardoyne shop front is not an area with a large Catholic population; it is a short stretch of road and the "offended" have to make an effort to leave their houses, bypass the shops and go up onto the Crumlin Road. It seems to me that the republicans have been rewarded for years of rioting.

Agree entirely; the rioting is reprehensible, stupid, and actually sets back any argument they might have had.