Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

7 hours ago, StygianDepths said:

I can't help myself by watching the footage of these things. They're morbidly obese. The bellies of many of those drummers and marchers are practically dragging on the pavement. I can sort of get the appeal of the whole pageantry and theatrical element of it but you'd think they'd at least get themselves into a respectable condition for their big moment. 

FTFY.

Ill informed remarks shall be ignored, gentlemen.  Try not to let your football allegiance or Scottish constitutional alignment cloud your judgement on the Loyal Orders.  Tolerance is a virtue, after all.

As Black Saturday draws closer, it's also worth remembering that the Royal Black has raised literally hundreds of thousands for charity.

"Over a 21-year period the institution has gained a distinguished record in charity work, donating a total of £845,000 to various charitable causes."

Charity and community outreach are embedded in the very foundations of the organisation itself.

Royal Black Institution's deep-rooted charitable heritage | Impartial Reporter

Faith - Hope - Charity

46 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Has The Kincardine retired or been banned? DD doing a lot of heavy lifting on all things orange in his absence. 

Kincy was emptied a month or 2 back.

Yeah mate no one dodgy, bigotted or hatefull has ever hid behind the "oh look we do a lot for charity" excuse

Hopefully one day we will have a proper grown up country where brain dead morons wont feel the need to play dress up to express their backward beliefs. Scotlands shame that this kind of crap continues. Nothing to do with politics or football alligence, just a national red neck.

I wonder if it's got to the point where we don't give air space to bigoted morons with a thread like this. 

99 percent (probably more) in Scotland find these cretins repulsive. 

Maybe a thread where we can simply celebrate the progression of Scottish cricket might be the way forward. 

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs just provided me with the least expected Orange content from an American TV show or movie since one of the two main characters on Alias Smith & Jones, I forget which it's been a while, revealed he was an Orangeman from Londonderry.  Now back to your usual programming...

• 2 weeks later...

Black Saturday was a blast, with around 17000 'Blackmen' taking part in parades across Northern Ireland.

See below for the Loughgall parade - the birthplace of Orangeism.

Who was your favourite band and why?  Mine was the Omagh Protestant Boys.  Well turned out as always, and they played beautifully.

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Black Saturday was a blast, with around 17000 'Blackmen' taking part in parades across Northern Ireland.

See below for the Loughgall parade - the birthplace of Orangeism.

Who was your favourite band and why?  Mine was the Omagh Protestant Boys.  Well turned out as always, and they played beautifully.

Why's it called "Black saturday"
And why are they called "Blackmen"?

Is it anything to do with "Honor Blackman"
Honor Blackman Posed in Sexy Dress Photo Print (24 x 30)

My sister was a great admirer

I remember her saying she wanted to be Honor Blackman. At least that's what I think she said

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Why's it called "Black saturday"
And why are they called "Blackmen"?

Is it anything to do with "Honor Blackman"
Honor Blackman Posed in Sexy Dress Photo Print (24 x 30)

My sister was a great admirer

I remember her saying she wanted to be Honor Blackman. At least that's what I think she said

Cue "p***k in cider" joke...

Young lad is sitting next to his mum, who is sewing. She slips and p***ks her finger with the needle. The wee lad says, "don't worry mum, I know what you should do. Have we any cider? Mum says "no, why?" He replies "because I heard auntie Jean say that every time she gets a p***k in her hand, she has to put it in cider."