Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs just provided me with the least expected Orange content from an American TV show or movie since one of the two main characters on Alias Smith & Jones, I forget which it's been a while, revealed he was an Orangeman from Londonderry.  Now back to your usual programming...

• 2 weeks later...

Black Saturday was a blast, with around 17000 'Blackmen' taking part in parades across Northern Ireland.

See below for the Loughgall parade - the birthplace of Orangeism.

Who was your favourite band and why?  Mine was the Omagh Protestant Boys.  Well turned out as always, and they played beautifully.

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Black Saturday was a blast, with around 17000 'Blackmen' taking part in parades across Northern Ireland.

See below for the Loughgall parade - the birthplace of Orangeism.

Who was your favourite band and why?  Mine was the Omagh Protestant Boys.  Well turned out as always, and they played beautifully.

Why's it called "Black saturday"
And why are they called "Blackmen"?

Is it anything to do with "Honor Blackman"
Honor Blackman Posed in Sexy Dress Photo Print (24 x 30)

My sister was a great admirer

I remember her saying she wanted to be Honor Blackman. At least that's what I think she said

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Why's it called "Black saturday"
And why are they called "Blackmen"?

Is it anything to do with "Honor Blackman"
Honor Blackman Posed in Sexy Dress Photo Print (24 x 30)

My sister was a great admirer

I remember her saying she wanted to be Honor Blackman. At least that's what I think she said

Cue "p***k in cider" joke...

Young lad is sitting next to his mum, who is sewing. She slips and p***ks her finger with the needle. The wee lad says, "don't worry mum, I know what you should do. Have we any cider? Mum says "no, why?" He replies "because I heard auntie Jean say that every time she gets a p***k in her hand, she has to put it in cider."

• 2 weeks later...

As marching season reaches it's end, it has been a joy to catch up with clips of the annual Downshire Guiding Star parade.

Granted it's not an Orange Walk, but it's still a vital part of our traditional parading culture.

Some of the bands were phenomenal.

The East Belfast Proddy Boys have definitely increased in numbers after there was a split for reasons I'll not go into.  They usually walk through the blue and white smoke coming out of the cut, but photographers must have been disappointed this year when it didn't happen.

Drumderg Loyalists are massive these days.

The Shankill Defenders are a bit different to the huge blood and thunder bands that dominate the famous loyalist road.

The Kilcluney Volunteers sporting their black and gold uniforms.  Classy as per.

Rathcoole Proddy Boys - not sure what tune they are playing but it's lovely.

Just some clips from the 70 odd bands in attendance.  I recommend the NI-UlsterMarchingBands YouTube account for the full shebang.

Who was your favourite band and why?

As loyalism displays yet another outstanding example of our cultural heritage, Scottish Nhationalism displays there's as their mhovement's defacto leader Alex Salmond brandishes a bottle of Tonic Wine (it's colours they are fine) in Cyprus.

alex-salmond-in-cyprus-with-a-salmond-to

That gut...

13 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

As marching season reaches it's end, it has been a joy to catch up with clips of the annual Downshire Guiding Star parade.

Granted it's not an Orange Walk, but it's still a vital part of our traditional parading culture.

Some of the bands were phenomenal.

The East Belfast Proddy Boys have definitely increased in numbers after there was a split for reasons I'll not go into.  They usually walk through the blue and white smoke coming out of the cut, but photographers must have been disappointed this year when it didn't happen.

Drumderg Loyalists are massive these days.

The Shankill Defenders are a bit different to the huge blood and thunder bands that dominate the famous loyalist road.

The Kilcluney Volunteers sporting their black and gold uniforms.  Classy as per.

Rathcoole Proddy Boys - not sure what tune they are playing but it's lovely.

Just some clips from the 70 odd bands in attendance.  I recommend the NI-UlsterMarchingBands YouTube account for the full shebang.

Who was your favourite band and why?

As loyalism displays yet another outstanding example of our cultural heritage, Scottish Nhationalism displays there's as their mhovement's defacto leader Alex Salmond brandishes a bottle of Tonic Wine (it's colours they are fine) in Cyprus.

alex-salmond-in-cyprus-with-a-salmond-to

That gut...

You try far, far too hard.

9 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Not Salmond's biggest fan, but it's wild to have a go at his belly given the utter nick of those who attend and participate in the various annual hate fests across Scotland and the Failed Statelet.

More to the point he turns 70 next year! It would be a bit wierd if he had washboard abs.

37 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More to the point he turns 70 next year! It would be a bit wierd if he had washboard abs.

We need a Wings/Alba cartoonist to portray him like Ben Garrison does Trump.

EMz5zNdWwAA0f1T.thumb.jpg.8a0b7aa2a8ac15c9de4aaa5097199722.jpg