Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I have it, and it is a very interesting piece indeed.

Of course, Dudley Edwards was dismissed as being too British by SF shortly after the book came out. They sure don't do irony, given her background.

Ruth Dudley Edwards is far, far, far from being an Irish nationalist. Self-hating Irishwoman would be a more apt description.

He's an attention seeking cock who appears to be aware of only one side of the sectarian issue.

First part of your sentence is true, the second part has nothing to do with troops behaving like they're at a chimps tea party.

George Galloway today submitted the following motions which should appear on the order paper tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday.British soldiers and sectarianism That this House condemns the reprehensible and ill-disciplined behaviour of members of the Armed Forces including some Royal Marine soldiers at Ibrox Park, the home of Glasgow Rangers, on Saturday 28th September 2013 on what was dubbed an “armed forces' day”; notes the sickening scenes as they chanted songs attacking Catholics, embraced braying fans and held up sectarian banners; questions the role of the senior officers who apparently sanctioned the event and appeared to take no action to halt the behaviour; and demands that those marines who joined in this hatefest are severely disciplined.

Nice to see George working hard for the people of Bradford West as opposed to jumping on a bandwagon ... :rolleyes:

the man is nothing more than a repulsive fuckwit with all the integrity of the X Factor.

George Galloway today submitted the following motions which should appear on the order paper tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday.British soldiers and sectarianism That this House condemns the reprehensible and ill-disciplined behaviour of members of the Armed Forces including some Royal Marine soldiers at Ibrox Park, the home of Glasgow Rangers, on Saturday 28th September 2013 on what was dubbed an “armed forces' day”; notes the sickening scenes as they chanted songs attacking Catholics, embraced braying fans and held up sectarian banners; questions the role of the senior officers who apparently sanctioned the event and appeared to take no action to halt the behaviour; and demands that those marines who joined in this hatefest are severely disciplined.

I've had a look at

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/business-papers/

and can't find any sign of it.

What's the other side?

Are you serious?

First part of your sentence is true, the second part has nothing to do with troops behaving like they're at a chimps tea party.

No, but it has everything to do with not-so-Gorgeous George, and that is who I was commenting on. I am not defending those who misbehaved, nor would I ever, but I stand by the remark that George's criticisms tend/appear to be myopic and one-sided.

The notion that sectarianism is rampant on both sides is a complete myth.

Mostly one sided.

That is utter nonsense, sectarianism exists on both sides wether in Northern Ireland or Scotland.although how rampant it is on either side would be what I would question.it certainly isn't as widespread as some would believe.

That is utter nonsense, sectarianism exists on both sides wether in Northern Ireland or Scotland.although how rampant it is on either side would be what I would question.it certainly isn't as widespread as some would believe.

In what way? The orange order are an inherently sectarian organisation. It is supported by ALL unionist politicians and the majority of their communities.

There is quite simply no equivalent organisation on our side of the divide.

There are you know, although they are not as widespread/well-publicised, and sectarianism is clearly evident on both sides of the divide.

You are delusional.

What are they then?

The orange order are romanticised by the media and half of the government. Pure makes me sick. Imagine if this was the case in America with the KKK.

Orangefest :yucky

What are they then?

The orange order are romanticised by the media and half of the government. Pure makes me sick. Imagine if this was the case in America with the KKK.

The Catholic Church is just as horrid an organisation as the OO.

:barf

Edited by AberdeenBud

What are they then?

:blink: Evidence of this ludicrous claim please. "Romanticized?"

The Catholic Church is just as horrid an organisation as the OO.

Indeed. Utterly disgusting.