The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

I worked in la scala in Inverness when jp came out....it was crazy busy....spent 16 years in cinemas but never saw crowds like it.....your spot on by how blown away audienceswere by the cgi.....as for the star wars prequelsthey came on the heels of the matrix which pushed cinema boundaries in a way that lucas no longer could....the fact that the phantom menace was released earlier in the us meant that the poor reviews had already here so audiences were relatively poor....that said my company sent me to the royal premiere n party afterwards with cast n crew.....best night out I've ever had....didn't excuse feckin jar jar binks mind

The Matrix was the last ever film I ever saw in La Scala. For me a central cinema was great as I rely on public transport. Talk of a new central cinema coming in to the Eastgate. I don't miss the lack of legroom and awful seats in La Scala though.

But Jurassic Park's line was right round the block in to the bus station past Charlie's Cafe. Good times.

Posting spoilers on the non spoiler thread = red dots even if it is a joke :shutup

I'm on the app but I take that my post was the one.. had said muppet seen the trailer or read the thread they would be well aware of what's in the spoiler tags

There's a load of reviews out now, but I can't even bring myself to read them for fear of spoilers.

I've got a few days off over Xmas and plan to watch 1 - 6 ahead of this.

Just got hyped

I'm currently on 2, I'm struggling to get past the car chase.

It's not a speeder, it's a car. And it's fucking shite.

The Matrix was the last ever film I ever saw in La Scala. For me a central cinema was great as I rely on public transport. Talk of a new central cinema coming in to the Eastgate. I don't miss the lack of legroom and awful seats in La Scala though.

But Jurassic Park's line was right round the block in to the bus station past Charlie's Cafe. Good times.

Yeah I remember we were pulling double shifts to keep place goin....6 weeks in we had one showing that didn't sell out.....all of us high fiving cos we thought we were over worst....all shows sold out for next fortnight.... people were coming from Orkney n Shetland multiple times n being disappointed....we only had it in one screen holding 400 odd seats n thirty thousand people watched it in that run.....

There's fucking tv cameras in here. Also assorted losers have decided to dress up.

That's why I've deliberately avoided the first night.

When they released the updated Star Wars I went to the opening showing. Some fanny started cheering USA style at the opening crawl then later shouted a "Ho-tee-dee" at the Jawa/R2 bit. Some folk laughed then somebody told him "shut the f**k up you annoying c**t" which was highly amusing and made my night.

Great sequel. Perfect return. Agree with the underwhelmed feeling from a few points but everything else was spot on. Was worried about bb8 being a Disney add on but it stole the show at some points. Will leave it at that. Enjoy.

Just back from the midnight viewing. Absolutely brilliant I thought very happy! The characters old and new in it were top notch and a few scenes were pretty gripping. Overall very happy that it didn't dissappoint. Definitely in the top 3 star wars imo.

Going to see it this morning but will be cutting it very fine in terms of getting to work afterwards.

Obv without spoilers, but does anyone know if there is an after credits scene etc? Not really a star wars thing but now they are owned by Disney, they might have gone with one? I don't wanna hang about if I dont have to