The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

Genuinely buzzing for the new Star Wars battle front game! Anyone who played the first 2 on playstation2 knows what I'm talking about.

This. If they brought it out for PS3 I will be delighted.

They're bringing a new one out?

I still play mine on my PS2

Man, prepare to toss your PS2 in the bin...this is gonna be class.

They were due to release a new trailer today at 10:30am...but nothing yet.

Edited by jamamafegan

If Revan is the baddy I'd love it.

Even though in the games she thought that both sides of the force had a bigger thing to fight.

It's still a good design to steal, if their apprentice has a metallic jaw then bioware are probably due quite a bit of money.

Any type of licensing deal Lucasfilm have ever done sees them retain any creative ideas for their use at any time. Bioware wouldn't be getting any more money even if they ripped off the whole game.

Wow that game looks impressive, I never played Battlefront but I will definitely be getting that.

The trailer doesn't excite me at all. Ok, the graphics are pretty good but there's no space battles, the prequel maps will most likely be released as DLC, there's no single player and we still haven't seen gameplay.

I loved the first two but EA's overload of paid DLC (although "The Force Awakens" DLC is free) and Battlefield games that have been poor at launch has made me feel less excited than I was when I first heard of it.

I don't have an Xbox or Playstation. What are these games like on the PC? Barring the controls, are they pretty much the exact same game?

Just watch some YouTube users play the game. That way you get to watch the stories, skip through the gameplay without lifting either of your opposable thumbs.

I'm apprehensive about the new "anthology" films (I'm not a fan of the Marvel/DC expanded filmverse) but Gareth Edwards is making the right noises regarding Rogue One.

A few promising names in the technical side of things and the plot seems interesting. Hopefully they leave Darth Vader well alone.

I'm apprehensive about the new "anthology" films (I'm not a fan of the Marvel/DC expanded filmverse) but Gareth Edwards is making the right noises regarding Rogue One.

A few promising names in the technical side of things and the plot seems interesting. Hopefully they leave Darth Vader well alone.

Yeah it is an interesting idea to have a film about the '1st victory' mentioned in the ANH crawl. Though I thought that was where the Rebels TV series was heading.

Speaking of Star Wars games, would love another game like Empire at War, was devoted to that game for a few years when I was in school.

Definitely think the rebooting of the franchise will be better than the prequels.

Definitely think the rebooting of the franchise will be better than the prequels.

It's not really a reboot though is it???

I mean having the same actors playing the same parts just means it's more of a Star Wars The Next Generation!!!

It's not really a reboot though is it???

I mean having the same actors playing the same parts just means it's more of a Star Wars The Next Generation!!!

Yeah the new films are in no way a reboot. They're a continuation of the same story (set about 30 years after ROTJ I think?).

I hope there's some Ackbar in them. Even if he just pops up to say "It's a trap!". Even if it isn't a trap.

Edited by DA Baracus