Car advice

Go to your local scrap yard and take one from there, even if you take the whole glove box door it shouldn't cost you more than £5. Then just replace it, it will be a simple enough fix. 
Edit: its just a simple pull out job;

Yes...what could possibly go wrong.

I've got a Corsa and the engine management light has come on. Initially flashing but now on constantly.

I know that it could be various things and needs a diagnostic check etc, and will get it to the garage I use to see what's what.

In the meantime I need to use it, particularly for a journey of about 60 miles. Is it likely to bail out on me or will it see me through?

I've got a Corsa and the engine management light has come on. Initially flashing but now on constantly.

I know that it could be various things and needs a diagnostic check etc, and will get it to the garage I use to see what's what.

In the meantime I need to use it, particularly for a journey of about 60 miles. Is it likely to bail out on me or will it see me through?

Keep driving it, put a bit of insulating tape over the light if it annoys you.

Sellotape

Check on Google if there's an easy way to check the error code. My old car you do it by sticking a paper clip in the fuse box and counting the flashes on the display.

3 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Heating on full blast and roll all the windows down, known remedy for most car faults.

My glovebox won't close- the catch has broken. Am I best ordering one myself and getting someone to do it, or just waiting until Tuesday for it's service and asking them to sort it? I literally have no idea about this stuff, my first car and I want her to be in good shape.

I broke the latch on my glove box. , after two years of nagging from the wife I just went down to the scrapyard, picked one up from an old car for fiver then fitted it to mine, it was a Fiat panda though.

And I am meant to be a mechanic.

You will be amazed at how easy theses things can be though, if you're super keen then get yourself a Haynes manual, if you can't be arsed with that look on YouTube, similarly I can guarantee there will be a forum somewhere with nutters just talking about your make of car.

If you take the bulb out that'll do it.