Car advice

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

They have small penises.

Pretty much this although there are medical reasons underpinning it. Young males with a testosterone imbalance (ie none) find that female hormones start to build up in the body. This creates classic female behaviour - a desire to be looked at, noisy, irritating. The loud exhaust is the equivalent of a loud girly voice "HAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT ME I'M MENTAL ME! HAHAHAHAHAHA" and all the go-faster stripes and gaudy decals are basically make up. 

As these afflicted souls mature though, they switch their attention to wearing the wife's clothes and make-up and masturbating into her underwear with a cucumber rammed up their arses whilst she is out with the girls. 

Think on next time you see one of these poor people in their vagina cars, they're to be pitied.

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Why do folk with noisy exhausts have them? Who do they think they're impressing?

Depends. On shitty wee Corsas, Fiesta etc., its purely about trying to sound like the cars sportier than it is. On more powerful models Evos, Focus RS' etc., having a larger downpipe and cat gives you power gains, but also gives you more noise due to the larger bore of pipe.

Problems with diesels is they have to worked and put miles on them. There useless for short town journeys dpf egr etc get backed up with soot and gunk.

I've had diesels for years but thinking now about something like a Ford ecoboost a small engine with a turbo that knocks out daft power per cylinder.

Problems with diesels is they have to worked and put miles on them. There useless for short town journeys dpf egr etc get backed up with soot and gunk.
I've had diesels for years but thinking now about something like a Ford ecoboost a small engine with a turbo that knocks out daft power per cylinder.

True, I've got a Insignia and drive a Merc Vito van and have had no problem with DPFs. I don't drive huge miles but I have a 50 mile round trip to work each day and put about 80 miles for work.
My mate on the other hand had a Mazda 3 and a VW transporter and had many breakdowns with DPF failures. He usually just did small trips around town and the odd run to Glasgow.
Diesels have to be used regularly to keep them problem free.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Anyone know if the new fines for speeding out today are for Scotland as well as the rest of the UK or just England and Wales? Struggling to find any info that makes it clear. 

I think it's just England and Wales. Sounds a good idea, wish we had the option of sitting a speed awareness course instead of points too.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Anyone know if the new fines for speeding out today are for Scotland as well as the rest of the UK or just England and Wales? Struggling to find any info that makes it clear. 

I don't know but I just caught something on the radio about fines of 1.5 times your weekly wage. Good idea and should also apply to all traffic fines where the fine is a certain percentage of your wage. Particularly parking fines as you see fat cats illegally parking their Aston Martins and not giving a f**k because the fine is pennies to them. Flash wanks. I'd do the same if I was minted though.

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't know but I just caught something on the radio about fines of 1.5 times your weekly wage. Good idea and should also apply to all traffic fines where the fine is a certain percentage of your wage. Particularly parking fines as you see fat cats illegally parking their Aston Martins and not giving a f**k because the fine is pennies to them. Flash wanks. I'd do the same if I was minted though.

Is that like a flash mob, but indulging in lewd behaviour? Sounds like quite a spectacle.

46 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Image result for  blackadder gifs

• 1 month later...

Bump.

My car stereo is completely goosed.  It's been a little shaky for a few months but now I can't eject the CD (Trainspotting 2 soundtrack) or change any of the radio channels.  I know absolutely nothing about cars or fixing them up or anything like that - if I take it into the garage where I get my MOT/service done will they be able to repair/replace it?  I quite fancy getting a more updated stereo tbh, will they sell me one and fit it or do I have to do it myself?

It's a 2011 Kia Pro Ceed.