Car advice

9 minutes ago, strichener said:

That's a tap in for someone braver than me.  

Must admit was trying to think of something funny to say when i seen her post. Is the noise happening when you are turning the steering? CV joint probably

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Knocking when driving from front drivers side, coil gone?

Have you got a Vauxhall? 

If so could be a drop link it'll typically show up on potholes or speed humps  

3 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

the one with the wee A symbol? on mine (car tbf, not a kangoo) it turns off the automatic start/stop if your engine has that. far left is presumably collision detection or something, not sure what the one on the right is, all i see is a mans head with wee ears and his arm, holding a tiny tree

edit: got a bit too much time on my hands before dinner tbh but something like this, does it summon this dude when you press it?

Capture.PNG.02662bad46b7d7737c76fdbb1bd742b6.PNG

That's a good shout,  it kinda matches the green light that shows on the dash when stop/start is available. 

Feart to press the other one, in case that wee guy DOES show up.

13 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Can anyone tell me what the middle button here is for? 

Renault Kangoo van.

20240814_091049.thumb.jpg.54ce45b2b64c7cc6108e0475a96ef439.jpg

Thistle_do_nicely is spot on, turns off the automatic stop/start. The one on the left is for parking sensors and the one with the wee tree is for driving on soft ground. 

7 hours ago, RH33 said:

Knocking when driving from front drivers side, coil gone?

Insufficient data. Continuous knocking, knocking when turning, knocking when slowing down or speeding up, etc?

Could be a loose component, a damaged bearing, or several other things...I would certainly hesitate to drive with any significant knocking.

6 hours ago, pub car king said:

Have you got a Vauxhall? 

If so could be a drop link it'll typically show up on potholes or speed humps  

It's not a vauxhall. Drop link is what I was meaning.

Anyone sold a car on Motorway before? Estimated price for mine is the same as what We Buy Any Car are offering me. Could do without hassle but is it worthwhile continuing with them to see if I can get a bit more?

19 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Anyone sold a car on Motorway before? Estimated price for mine is the same as what We Buy Any Car are offering me. Could do without hassle but is it worthwhile continuing with them to see if I can get a bit more?

I did. A totally painless experience. It seems a kind of a closed shop auction only for registered dealers. 

I think it depends what you are selling though, mine was kinda niche. Got £3k more than WBAC, the chap got the train up from Preston, I picked him up at the train station, he BACS’d me the money as I drove back to the house, he took keys, paperwork etc and off he f**ked.

2 days later it’s on his garage website with a £4K mark up and it sold inside a week. Everyone I think got a win. 

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I did. A totally painless experience. It seems a kind of a closed shop auction only for registered dealers. 

I think it depends what you are selling though, mine was kinda niche. Got £3k more than WBAC, the chap got the train up from Preston, I picked him up at the train station, he BACS’d me the money as I drove back to the house, he took keys, paperwork etc and off he f**ked.

2 days later it’s on his garage website with a £4K mark up and it sold inside a week. Everyone I think got a win. 

It's a Citroen C3 so very much not niche but that's good to know thanks, will give it a bash. 

14 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

It's a Citroen C3 so very much not niche but that's good to know thanks, will give it a bash. 

I think the other point is you’re under no obligation to sell. If you don’t get the price you want, decline to sell and just whip it along to wbac. (Who will likely find 1/2 doz imperfections and knock another £1500 off their initial valuation ..🙄). 

3 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Used them a few times (nothing niche - Corsa, Focus and old Volvo estate) & always pretty straightforward.  They'll give you a revised target price once you've uploaded further information & pics and then put it out to the dealer auction.  Up to you if you want to accept the highest offer or not.  Really quick and I've never had any hassle with the dealers collecting the cars & transferring cash.

On 19/08/2024 at 06:09, RH33 said:

My neighbour used them and ten days after they collected his car called them up to ask where it is......

Have you considered renting yourself out (steady now) to visit dealers forecourts and rain bad luck upon them and their autos with your presence?

On 19/08/2024 at 10:10, Gibby82 said:

I gave them a go for my last X3, they estimated about £3k above we buy, went into their auction didn’t meet the reserve by about £5k.  
Was then pestered for a few weeks with stupid offers from them after I had already off loaded it elsewhere. 
Was a waste of time but didn’t cost me anything but a few emails.