Car advice

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

Thanks for both of those bits of advice, I’ll have a look at the contract but it will say the car is due a service as there’s been a year since the last one and there won’t be a way out of it, I’m wanting to get a car from my work later this year and never have to go through with this shite again! Also got a speeding ticket from last weekend in the mail to add to all this expense for a car that I only took 6000 miles in the last year!

The Edinburgh Council Mot centre is on Russell Road, round from Tynecastle. 

36 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Got a sudden shuddering and vibration from gear stick, pedals and steering wheel in idle and acceleration, no warning lights on.. 2010 BMW 5. Any ideas, I'm thinking dual mass flywheel?

Have you checked the oil? Sounds like you have fucked sensors anyway. Tbh I don't know a lot about cars and have never heard of a dual mass flywheel, it sounds like something you'd find on the Enterprise. Ignore this post.

Have you checked the oil? Sounds like you have fucked sensors anyway. Tbh I don't know a lot about cars and have never heard of a dual mass flywheel, it sounds like something you'd find on the Enterprise. Ignore this post.
Was serviced 2 months ago so oil should be fine, I'd have warning lights in if it were sensors, plugs, dpf or injectors. T Chain sounds fine. Think it's defo mechanical but I've tested clutch which is fine, so unless it's mounting brackets I'm thinking flywheel. But only an educated guess. Was hoping someone more car mechanical minded had some suggestions?

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was serviced 2 months ago so oil should be fine, I'd have warning lights in if it were sensors, plugs, dpf or injectors. T Chain sounds fine. Think it's defo mechanical but I've tested clutch which is fine, so unless it's mounting brackets I'm thinking flywheel. But only an educated guess. Was hoping someone more car mechanical minded had some suggestions?

Just check the fucking oil you ungrateful c**t.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
No worries.

NP. What I really need is for you to f**k off so a proper mechanic can advise. No offence like.

As it happens I got straight to the heart of @MixuFixit 's problems in a heartbeat, more or less, and offered him a 10 pound solution, which worked. Check your fucking oil. HTH.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
No worries.

NP. What I really need is for you to f**k off so a proper mechanic can advise. No offence like.

Take it to a garage you tight c**t.