Car advice

11 minutes ago, Myko said:

Would a dealership full/major service include brake fluid replacement as standard ?

Not sure if all would change over just topping it up. Quick check on Halfords and they will only change on a major service, top up on full service.

best to ask the garage first.

Edited by supermik

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just been sent a little video of my car getting its annual health check.

How cute.

"And you can see here *camera quickly pans to brake pads, then quickly away* your brake pads are needing replaced and your discs are scratched meaning they also need replaced"  

Just in case you can't hear what he's saying over the sound of Trance Anthems 4 blaring out some tinny wee speaker in the corner.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

"And you can see here *camera quickly pans to brake pads, then quickly away* your brake pads are needing replaced and your discs are scratched meaning they also need replaced"  

Just in case you can't hear what he's saying over the sound of Trance Anthems 4 blaring out some tinny wee speaker in the corner.

Pretty much, interspersed with "eh, ken, eh, ken ken, eh eh, pehs, ken"

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just been sent a little video of my car getting its annual health check.

How cute.

They sent me a video during a service of a suspension spring falling off the rear of the car. I thought it was going to be the most expensive video I'd received until they sent another text telling me it was under warranty. 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever got their MOT done by the council? Never considered this was even a thing till looking online. Surely less likely to get usual garage BS as they can't do repairs but you can bring car back within 10 days if some are required.

• 4 weeks later...

Had to get a new wheel bearing last week - there's now a high pitched sound coming from the back of the car, and the noise is worse when reversing.

There are no girls tied up in the boot, so it's not that (this time) - any c**t have any idea as to what could be causing the noise?

I want to buy something that is a little higher in the driver's view than say a Fiesta, but nowhere near as expensive as a Land Rover or such like.

Renault Kadjar. My father in law has one and your quite high up in them. Only downside is they’re Renault’s.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I want to buy something that is a little higher in the driver's view than say a Fiesta, but nowhere near as expensive as a Land Rover or such like.

We had a Vauxhall Mokka when we were on holiday in Spain last time and it was a wee bit higher up.  I really liked it.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Fiat 500x

Transit van

CX3 Mazda

Seat Arona

Has anyone ever got their MOT done by the council? Never considered this was even a thing till looking online. Surely less likely to get usual garage BS as they can't do repairs but you can bring car back within 10 days if some are required.
What council? If it's Glasgow, they have to advertise that they can MOT the public's cars as it's part of having the mot licence. Reality is you won't get an appointment as they are fully booked with their own vehicles and taxis.

My ancient astra is hanging on by a thread, theres a hideous rattle in the gearbox which is likely release bearing but it's done 140k on all original clutch etc and its nor had an easy life by any stretch of imagination. Also the frontt struts are pissing out fluid and it's generally run down and ready to meet its maker. 

Anyone got experience of a focus 1.6 diesel around a 13 to 14 plate. Aside from the usual diesel issues like clutch flywheel and injectors anything else to look out for?

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I’ve just traded in my citeron Picasso for a 3008. Both have higher drivers view. As does the 2008 and 5008. The juke does too but I didn’t like how it felt sat in it. Mokka would be another.

My mums just bought a Q2 for the higher drive view. its yellow so I’m sure other drivers will see her too!