Stranraer Vs Ross County

Staggie_93

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at stats last night of matches between the clubs and didn't realise Stranraer haven't beaten us since we were elected to the SFL (or SPFL as its know known)

Their only two wins were back in 1956 and 1957!

!

We have now!!!!!!!!

Good luck in the next round Stranraer hope you get a decent tie for added revenue.

No matter how you look at it, it is a very disappointing result for Ross County. Coupled with the knowledge we would have been seeded in the last 16 as well, it makes it more disappointing. However if you can not beat what is in front of you, you don't deserve to advance. Good luck Stranraer.

County fans must be on the worst away day return leg in Scottish football.

"You went to Stranraer for a Tuesday night?! Who were you playing?"

"A team two leagues below us."

"I presume you won?"

"No."

If it helps, I half know the feeling after going all the way down there a couple of weeks back to see Brechin go 4-0 down after 47 mins, albeit a Saturday.

Eta: I totally forgot that was the last round of this competition, b*******! :-p

We sounded brutal tonight. I know Adams said we would be going more direct this season, but from what I've heard we just pumped diagonals at our lone striker all night. Then defended as badly as we have all season. Very disappointing. Especially as that was the same team from Saturday, so this was obviously meant to be an attempt at momentum as well as a shot at progressing in the cup.

Well done to Stranraer though, they got stuck straight in from the off and had a real go, and obviously got what they deserved. Good luck to them, glad to hear Corcoran played well, he's a still a wee hero of mine. Hope Stranraer get a decent tie next round, it'd be well-earned and I imagine they could do with a big crowd? (I imagine this of everyone outside the OF). Then hopefully Stranraer pump them and make this result look a bit better for us ;)

Even better result reading that it was a strong County team playing.

Thought Stranraer matched them all over the park tonight, had real concerns about the pace of Sproule but he did nothing all night. The big Dutch boy (can't remember his name) upfront looked hard to handle but he was more interested in fouling our defenders than doing anything for himself.

A soft penalty for each team, the second probably only to even things up, a scrappy goal from Ross County and two really well worked goals from Stranraer.

Disappointed by Ross County thought they'd be a far better side but on the night you could say Stranraer just edged it.

Best of luck for the rest of the season had a few great trips to Dingwall, very accommodating. Some of the most welcoming supporters I've ever met.

Well done the cleyhole hopefully you get a decent draw eg celtic, hearts etc for a decent crowd to boost the coffers. Also well done to the county fans that did travel down. Hats off.

rumsby played alrite .that's 2 games the boy has played for us and he doesn't look out o place in the 1st division.he is strong and has a wee bit o pace which we have been lacking.prob pick up a booking or 2 as the season progresses as he is still abit raw.but so far so good

Archived